~The Manchurian Candidate~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

All the new agents set down their luggage by the main entrance and followed Kai to an elevator built into the staircase. 

Kai lead them all inside the elevator and pressed the sub level 4 button.

"Pretty nice place you got here," Luhan said.

"We actually just started living here today. Otherwise we would just travel around in hotels from town to town to complete assignments," Kai replied.

"Nice to know we weren't the only ones doing that," Luhan said while chuckling.

Kai smiled at him.

The elevator stopped with everyone inside as they reached their destination. 

There was a big room with everything black and modern. Filing cabinets lined up at the walls with a long black table in the middle of the room facing a giant screen.

"Everything is so modern in this house," Luhan whispered to Xiumin.

"Yeah, it's nice," Xiumin replied.

"You've finally arrived," an unfamiliar voice spoke.

"I'm Suho. Team captain of Agents K. Please, take a seat we're about to start," Suho spoke in a professional manner.

"Welcome everyone," a loud authoritative voice spoke coming from the black silhouette on the screen "I'm sure you're all wondering what this big mission is and why I've called you all here today," It spoke again.

"Yes sir," They answered in unison.

"Well, I've gathered my most intelligent and successful spies to complete a series of missions," The boss spoke out again. "But they were all busy so I had to call all of you," the boss laughed at his own joke.

Everyone smiled slightly. They all knew they were the best, he had told them many times so how could they forget such a high honor?

"Anyways, as I said before I've brought you all here today to complete a series of missions over the next 6 months. These missions are highly dangerous and complex," he said.

"I will send over the first mission tomorrow evening so you have time to get settled in," the boss said. "I'm counting on you," he added. He always said those words after one of his mission talks, they were given a job and they were counted on to fulfill what they had grown up to do.

"Question sir," Suho said

"Go ahead Suho," he answered. 

He could see and hear them from cameras and speakers placed around the room so he knew who was talking. 

"No offense, but we already have 6 people in each group. Why do we need 6 more?" Suho asked, slightly angry. He thought back to Baekhyun's question, did the boss think they weren't capable of doing this without others?  They've been on many dangerous top level missions what's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter