~The Saint~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai woke up to Kyungsoo's voice yelling for him to "Wake up!" 

Kai opened his eyes and looked around, everyone was strapped into their seats as the jet shook violently. He looked towards the door to the cockpit and saw Suho and Kris trying to pull open the door to no avail. 

Kai looked down at himself and saw that he too was strapped in tightly, and looked up to see Kyungsoo's horrified face looking back at him.

"What's going on?" Kai yelled over the jet's loud roar of the unstable engines.

"We think something happened to the pilot because the jet is going down, fast." Kyungsoo yelled back.

Kai felt his stomach drop, he wasn't going to die in this contraption, there was no way in hell. He unstrapped himself from the safety of the seat and unsteadily made his way to where Kris and Suho had been trying to pull the door open.

"Move," he yelled and took a knife out of a nearby bag. Kai placed it in the key hole and picked the lock quickly, shoved the door open and was stunned to see the pilot, wide awake and trying to steer the plane downwards making them slowly plummet to their death.

Kai took a closer look at the pilot and saw the same girl that was at the hotel in their last mission, "Jinri," he breathed out in a quiet whisper.

Suho and Kris turned to Kai in a panic "You know her?!" They yelled over the engines slowly failing to keep the jet up. 

Kai turned to them and nodded "She was the girl at the hotel mission." He explained then proceeded to push them out of the room and closed the door on them despite their protests.

He pulled the frightened looking Jinri out of her pilot chair and sat down instead, "What the hell are you doing here?!" He yelled.

She looked angry as she watched him try to redirect the plane to go back into a safe height, "You screwed up my first mission, I was supposed to be in a spy agency by now but you messed it all up by knocking me out! What do you think my boss thought when I came back with no files at hand?"

Kai realised that she was willing to go a long ways for revenge on a job no one should want "Don't be stupid, this job isn't worth risking your life over, now sit down, buckle your seatbelt, and shut the hell up." Kai scolded.

She sat in her seat and buckled up, looking guilty and horrified for her life. 

Kai knew he wouldn't be able to save the plane so he had to tell everyone to get out. He took a hold of the radio and spoke to his team "Get your parachutes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter