~Enigma~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The night dragged out as all the agents finally went back to their mansion.

Kyungsoo was in the car with Kai, he was almost asleep when Kai spoke.

"Kyungsoo, what do you think of all this?" he asked as he kept his eyes on the road.

"I'm not really sure, this mission keeps getting more and more complicated." Kyungsoo replied with a yawn.

Kai smiled at the cuteness of Kyungsoo's yawn and reached over to his hand, holding it tightly. "It is, but we can't really do anything about it."

Kyungsoo squeezed his hand and smiled at him, whenever Kai held his hand it gave him reassurance. It felt like everything was going to be okay.

Kai thought back to the first time he held Kyungsoo's hand back when they were children. The memory brought Kai painful thoughts but it was also one he cherished a lot.

A young Jongin was sitting on his bunkbed in the orphanage when he heard some kids laughing by the door.

He got up to see what they were laughing about, but when he had tried to open the door he found it to be locked.

"Guys! There's something wrong with my door, can you please open it for me?" Little Jongin yelled to the other side. Then all he heard was hysterical laughing and the sounds of foot steps running away.

Jongin was sitting in his room crying and waiting for someone to open the door for him since those boys had locked him in when he smelled smoke coming in from the other side of the door.

He got up and checked if anyone had unlocked it for him, but he twisted on the door knob to no avail. 

Soon Jongin could smell the smoke smell coming in stronger and stronger until the door caught ablaze, he screamed and fell backwards.

There were tears blurring his vision and the smoke from the fire wasn't helping clear his vision either. 

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME!" Little Jongin screamed as loud as he could from the window in his room.

He tried to unlock it to escape, but the window was too heavy for him to lift.

Soon the fire was catching up to him and he was sitting by the window, a sobbing mess, screaming for help.

Little Jongin had given up all hope and sobbed into his arms as the fire was all around him.

Then he heard a loud banging on the door.

Then another.

And another.

Until the door finally broke down and a fireman came in through the door and hurried his way to Jongin.

"Hey kiddo, mind if I put this mask on you real quick?" the fireman asked quickly, trying to calm Jongin down. 

Jongin nodded his head quickly and the man placed it on his head and took Jongin into his arms, running out of the room in a sprint.

All Jongin could see was the Orphanage being burn to a crisp as the Fireman carried him through the fiery mess.

When they were finally out of the building, the Fireman put Jongin down by the ambulance and went back into the building

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter