~The 39 Steps~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After everyone had left the premises, Suho called Kris.

He told him to drop Kibum off at a hotel that was close by to their mansion.

Kris checked him into a hotel room by a different name and paid in cash, also telling their agency to keep a watch for the hotel and make sure it was extra secure.

By the time everyone had returned to the mansion it was 15 minutes to midnight.

They all came in, set down their equipment, and went to their rooms to change and rest.

~~~

Xiumin went upstairs to his room to quickly change to his sleepwear and wash up.

He went to the giant bathroom and took a quick shower. He then put on his sleepwear, which consisted of a long black sleeve shirt with a pair  of  black and white plaid pj pants.

Once he had finished changing, he went to open his door to go downstairs to join the others.

When he opened the door he found Chen in front of him, already in his sleep wear.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Downstairs." Xiumin answered.

"Nope. You're going to sleep," Chen answered simply while trying to push Xiumin back into his room.

"Why? I got enough sleep last night. I don't need any more," Xiumin tried to push past Chen.

Chen gripped his wrist and pulled him back "Xiumin, this is bad for your health!" 

"I don't care! It's my problem, I'll deal with it!" He answered a bit angered.

"You can't not sleep, your body will shut down from sleep deprivation." Chen said.

Chen saw a flash of hurt course through Xiumin's eyes.  

Chen took a deep breath to calm himself "Xiumin, please? For me?" Chen insisted, his eyes pleading silently.

Xiumin looked at his expression and sighed "Fine, I'll try but that's it." He walked over to his bed.

Chen smiled and sat down on the sofa next to Xiumin's bed.

Xiumin laid down, closed his eyes, and tried to sleep.

After 45 minutes of trying he whispered "It's not working."

Chen sat next to him on the bed and held his hand, "You can beat it. I believe in you." 

It has been beating me for 10 years, Xiumin sighed and tightened his grip on Chen's hand.

~~~

Luhan was sitting with Kai on the couch watching a chick flick.

Sehun came down the stairs and was heading towards their direction.

Kai's hand flew towards the remote and switched it to an action movie before Sehun could get there.

"What'd you do that for?!" Luhan quickly sat up and looked at Kai.

"Calm down," Kai said while pushing Luhan back down to lay in his previous position and whispered,"If Sehun saw me watching a chick flick, he would never let me live it down."

Luhan rolled his eyes and relaxed on the couch once again.

"What are you watching?" Sehun asked as he was sitting on a couch.

"A movie called Snow Piercer," Kai answered calmly.

Tao and Kris came down the stairs and sat on the couch by Luhan.

"What movie?" Kris asked.

"Snow Piercer." Kai replied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter