~The Professional~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Xiumin was sitting next to Chen, staring at him with determination.

"What is it?" Chen asked with a smile.

"I just wanted to ask if you wanted to eat somewhere out today?" Xiumin managed to choke out. Why is this so hard?! 

"Okay. Where do you want to go?" Chen's smile expanded and his eyes wrinkled in the corners.

"The place where we used to go when we were little," Xiumin said after a moment of thought. His eyes.

"Oh yeah! We haven't been there in a while!" Chen stood up and took Xiumin's hand.

Xiumin looked up at him with a blush taking over his cheeks.

"Let's go now, I'm hungry." 

After an hour of driving and listening to music, they finally arrived.

They sat down at a booth in the corner of the restaurant and looked at the menu.

"We haven't been here in years." Xiumin said as he put his menu down.

Before Chen could reply the waitress came by to take their orders.

She was a frail old lady that used to serve Xiumin and Chen when they were younger so when she saw them, she instantly recognized them.

"Jongdae and Minseok! I haven't seen you here in years, where have you boys been? I have missed you so much." She smiled widely at them.

"It's nice to see you too Mina Ajumma. We have been really busy with work, but we have certainly missed you and your food." Chen answered with a wide smile of his own.

"I am so happy you came back. Would you like your regulars?" she asked.

"You still know them?" Xiumin asked surprised.

"Of coarse. You boys came here every friday for 10 years, I would never forget you." She smiled and walked to the kitchen to start on the food.

"Wow." Xiumin muttered.

"Yeah," Chen replied with a laugh.

"Do you remember that one day in 6th grade her neice came over and spilled juice all over you?" Xiumin laughed.

"Yeah! Then the only clothes she had that fit me were her daughter's old clothes!" Chen started cracking up.

"That was the best! You know, that pink dress fit you nicely!" Xiumin started laughing loudly aswell.

They sat there for a bit and talked more about their childhood together until the food came.

Xiumin and Chen ate their food in silence, enjoying the flavors of their favorite place in the world.

When they finished they paid for their food but before they could leave, Mina Ajumma came rushing towards them.

"Boys, please come visit me soon. I do miss your handsome faces lighting up this place once in a while." She smiled as she held onto their arms.

"Of coarse." they said as they hugged her goodbye.

"Wait." Xiumin stopped in front of the restaurant and tugged at Chen's arm.

"What is it? Did you forget something?" Chen looked at him.

"No, I just need to tell you something." Xiumin looked up at Chen.

Chen nodded back.

"I- I really love..." Xiumin stuttered. "The food." he quickly said. Once again, he couldn't do it. Xiumin face palmed internally.

"Are you sure that's what you wanted to say?" Chen took Xiumin's hand in his own and played with his fingers.

Xiumin shook his head no and looked down.

Chen took his chin and lifted it up to stare into his eyes. "Kim Minseok, can I kiss you?" Chen asked.

Xiumin leaned up and pressed his lips onto Chen's. 

The kiss began to get deeper and Chen s his arm around Xiumin's waist pulling him impossibly close while Xiumin reached his hands up and buried them in Chen's hair.

They seperated for air and Chen looked at Xiumin sincerely. "I love you Minseok. I've loved you ever since I layed eyes on you in grade school, you are and always will be the love of my life," Chen said as he cupped Xiumin's face into his hand and kissed his nose.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter