~The Man Who Never Was~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He's okay

He's okay

He's okay

Sehun kept chanting in his head on their drive back to the mansion.

"He's okay you know," Luhan reassured Sehun while looking at the road ahead of them.

Sehun kept quiet and drove on.

"You worry too much," Luhan said a couple minutes later when he saw that reassuring Sehun didn't work.

"What do you mean?" Sehun asked.

"Sehun, he's a spy. He's trained not to feel pain and do whatever he can to complete a mission. Dying is one of those things, and if you cant handle your best friend dying then maybe you shouldn't have entered this profession," Luhan replied.

"That's the thing," Sehun said

Luhan gave Sehun a questioning look.

"I didn't choose this life." Sehun's grip on the steering wheel tightened.

~~~

Suho parked the car outside the mansion doors and Lay and him got out to help Kyungsoo with Kai.

"He passed out halfway here, then he started sweating. A lot." Kyungsoo said as he got out of the car while trying to drag Kai out with him.

Suho took Kai from Kyungsoo and wrapped Kai's arm around his shoulder. Kai's whole body was limp. 

"This doesn't look like side effects of a shot," Suho said as he took Kai inside.

"Looks like side effects of poison," Lay said as he wiped a bit of sweat off of Kai's forehead. They took him into the living room and laid him down on the couch.

Sehun ran to them with everyone else behind him. "What happened? Is he okay?" he sat by Kai's side.

Everyone stayed quiet since Sehun had asked what was on their minds.

"A bullet grazed his arm deeply, but the bullet probably had poison in it so his body is reacting by sweating," Lay explained.

Lay set down a towel under Kai's arm and began to unwrap the gauze.

All of them were looking over Lay's shoulder causing him to get irritated, "Everyone, get out."

They filed out after one last glance Kai's way.

Sehun stayed by Kai's side, staring at him worriedly. Kyungsoo stayed as well since he was helping Lay and Suho.

Lay was examining the wound and saw a strange fizzing in the edge of it and swelling. "I was right, this kind of poison eats flesh, nonetheless, it's easy to get rid of."

"Why would they put poison in the sniper's bullets?" Suho wondered.

"Same reason I have poison in mine, even if it just grazes it is very painful," Sehun said with his head down.

I should have been there, he thought.

Lay threaded the needle and started to stitch Kai's arm.

Kai hissed in pain and his face scrunched up in his sleep.

Lay saw Sehun's sad expression for his friend and whispered to him "Stop blaming yourself."

Sehun looked at him and Lay smiled back gently.

~~~

Baekhyun was sitting in his room with Chanyeol by his side, typing on his computer of coarse.

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked when Baekhyun huffed.

"Our best friend is down there right now in pain and we're up here doing nothin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter