~The Confession~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris was frustrated. 

Because of Suho.

Because of himself.

He couldn't make decisions by himself at this time and decided to talk to his second in command.

"Minseok, can I talk to you for a second?" Kris asked Xiumin.

Xiumin was sitting with Chanyeol in the computer room when Kris came in and asked. He got up and walked towards him.

"What is it?" Xiumin asked.

"I just need some help." Kris answered, he rubbed his temples and sat down on one of the couches.

"You'r mom's case?" Xiumin sat down next to him.

Kris nodded.

"You already accepted it, what else do you need to think about?" 

"I don't think I should have."

"You need to do this. For your sake and Chen's." Xiumin said.

Kris gave him a sceptical look. "How did you know that Chen is involved?" 

"I specialize in finding information so I did a little digging." Xiumin smirked.

"Have you told Chen you know?" Kris asked.

"Not yet, I'm waiting for him to tell me." Xiumin answered.

Kris nodded. "He shouldn't care though. She isn't his mom." 

"She may not have been his mom, but she was the closest thing to a mom he had." Xiumin replied in Chen's defense.

Kris rolled his eyes. "Maybe it's time he stopped thinking of her like that. She's gone now." 

"Who's fault is that?!" Xiumin got angered by Kris talking badly about Chen.

Kris gave him a horrified look.

"You know what? You can help Suho's brother on your own, Chen and I are out." Xiumin got up and walked away.

Kris covered his face with his hands. What have I done...

~~~

Suho was writing the report for their latest mission when Lay came into the room.

"Can we talk?" Lay asked.

Suho closed his laptop after saving. "Sure."

"I just want to know where we stand after that kiss. I don't want to get my hopes up for no reason." Lay said.

"Lay, I will always feel something for you." Suho got up and held onto Lay's hands. "I just don't think that I can worry about a relationship when there's so much work to do in our current lives." Suho looked into Lay's eyes.

"Being a spy shouldn't be your whole life." Lay tightened his grip on Suho's hands.

"I know. But I didn't train my whole life to be a spy for just a couple of years, I'm in this for the long run." Suho replied.

Lay tried to wrap his head around the whole situation. He shook his head no and looked at Suho "Don't tell me that this..." Lay pressed his lips onto Suho's gently before continuing his sentence "Doesn't mean anything. Becuase I know you are lying." A tear threatened to fall from Lay's eyes.

Suho gazed into Lay's eyes and wiped the tear once it had fallen down with the pad of his thumb. "Lay, of coarse it means something. It's just not the right time for us." Suho looked sadly at Lay.

Lay avoided eye contact and tried to get himself together.

"Yixing." Suho whispered.

Lay kept looking down.

"Yixing, look at me." Suho insisted.

"I can't." Lay struggled to speak through choked sobs.

"Why not?" Suho smiled gently. "Do you hate me now?" 

"No!" Lay's head shot up, Suho could see the tear stains along with new tears streaming down Lay's flawless skin.

"Please, don't cry." Suho hugged him tightly.

"I can't stop." Lay whispered into Suho's ear with shaky breaths.

"It's okay Yixing." Suho kept whispering words of comfort into his ear until Lay sniffled one last time.

"I'm okay now." Lay tried to smile, but to Suho it looked broken. 

Suho's heart broke a little and he leaned in carefully, his nose brushing against Lay's, their lips daring to touch.

Lay gripped Suho's shirt and pulled him into the kiss.

It was a gentle kiss that was swarming with emotions.

Lay pulled back and stared down at Suho's red lips."I have to go now." 

"Yeah, you do." Suho agreed while looking at Lay's lips as well.

Lay hesitently stepped back and took his hands off of Suho's shirt. He trailed his eyes over Suho one last time and turned to leave. "Goodbye Joonmyun." he whispered before getting out.

Goodbye Yixing. Suho rubbed his temples and collapsed on his bed.

I'm sorry.

~~~

The next morning Suho called Kyungsoo, Kai, Sehun, and Chen to the meeting room to tell them of a mission he was informed of the hour before.

"I was told that there is a flashdrive inside an underground bunker owned by the Black Shadow Company, I need you 4 to go in and have Chen download it on his laptop so we can keep track of their next moves." Suho handed them each a piece of paper that had the layout of the underground bunker along with some information on the people inside.

Chen pushed the paper back towards Suho. "I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter