~Clear and Present Danger~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chen entered the house later that night and looked around for Minseok. He found Minseok in his room, sleeping soundly under the covers.

"Minnie."Chen sat next to him on the bed and rubbed his back gently to wake him. 

Minseok stirred in his sleep, his eyes slowly opening and adjusting to the dim light. "You're back." Minseok whispered and smiled up at Chen as he snuggled closer.

Chen looked down at him lovingly, but Minseok could sense the sadness radiating off of him. "What's wrong, babe?" he asked, sitting up and cupping Chen's face.

Chen looked down, away from Minseok's gaze "He's gone, they took him away." he said.

Minseok hugged him tightly and kissed his forhead comfortingly "It'll be okay Jongdae, it always is." he said as he ran his fingers through Chen's hair.

Chen nodded his head on Minseok's shoulder and sighed. "Everything is falling apart and there's nothing I can do."

Minseok took Chen's face into his hands and looked into his eyes "It was time."

Chen furrowed his eyebrows "What do you mean?"

"Jongdae, I just think that it was finally time for him to serve his time like everyone else who committed crimes." Minseok explained.

Chen took Minseoks hands off of his face "He doesn't deserve it! He never did anything to me!" Chen shot up off of the bed and glared down at Minseok.

Minseok got out of the bed and stood in front of Chen "It doesn't matter if he treated you good, he killed people. Multiple, innocent people and he liked it. When he goes to court they're not going to defend him because they all know he is guilty, they're going to give him a death sentence." by the end of he speech, Minseok was yelling but right when the words left his mouth, he regretted it. 

"I guess I know how you feel now," Chen looked extremely hurt as he back away from Minseok and turned to leave.

Minseok gripped his wrist "Wait, Jongdae! Please I didn't mean it like that!" 

"Let go, I need to go think some things over." Chen pulled his wrist away and walked out of the room, seething with anger.

Minseok stood there and looked at the door where Chen had left a mere second ago.

I can't believe I said that.... How could I do that to him.... What's wrong with me?!

Minseok sat down and buried his fingers in his hair, unsure of what to do next. One thing was for sure, he needed to think and give Chen his space as well. 

Minseok was also sure he wouldn't be able to sleep for a couple of nights.

~~~

Chen stood on the balcony, watching the morning sky and overthinking Minseok's words. 

He heard the door sliding open behind him and thinking it was Minseok, he said "Minseok, I don't want to talk right now so please just leave." 

But instead he heard Kris throat clearing so he turned and looked skeptically at him. "What do you want?"

"I didn't come here to argue, I came to talk." Kris stepped foreward, and Chen saw his worn out expression. "But it seems that you and Xiumin argued."

Chen turned and looked up again, "I don't want to talk about him right now. What do you want to talk about?" 

"I know about you and your father." Kris said, his words ringing in Chen's ears.

Chen turned to look at him as if asking, Are you going to do anything about it?

"I understand you wanting to protect him and everything but he told me something I think you might also want to know." Kris stared back.

Chen broke the gaze "What is it?" he asked.

"He told me, that my mother is still alive."

Chen whipped his gaze back to Kris "Do you know for sure?" 

Kris nodded his head. "She re-married 7 years ago, she lives in J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter