~The Ipcress File~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was finally the day of the 'Beauty and the Mask' masquerade ball.

Luhan and Baekhyun were already done and waited for everyone so they could give out the masks.

One by one the men came down wearing their black suits, professionally dressed to kill.

Luhan had a gold mask on with a black design swirling on each side, while Baekhyun had on a black mask with one small gold feather printed across.

They handed out masks that each had their own designs. 

When Luhan got to Sehun he placed a golden mask on him gently and fixed his bow tie.

"Thanks," Sehun mumbled.

Luhan smiled back at him as a silent 'Your welcome.'

Suho had taken off earlier so he could get there with the rest of the security gaurds.

A little while later Chanyeol, Lay, and Chen left in their surveillance van. Followed by Luhan, Baekhyun, and Xiumin. 

Lastly Kris, Sehun, Kai, Kyungsoo, and Tao finally left in the limo. 

Sehun looked out of the window and smiled slightly.

Another day, another mission

~~~

Kris was driving the limo to the party with the rest of the spies in the back.

"Do you know where the target is?" Sehun asked.

"According to the GPS device that was planted on him earlier, he hasn't arrived yet," Kyungsoo answered.

"Why wouldn't he be there? Isn't he the host?" Kai asked.

"No, he just funded it. The host is a woman named Irene," Sehun answered. "If you had read the report, you would have known that."

Kai ignored Sehun's statement and continued questioning things "Why would he fund it? Doesn't she have money?" 

"She is going bankrupt but she doesn't want people to know so she asked Kibum to help her out." Kyungsoo explained.

The car came to a slow stop and Kris announced,"We're here. Make sure to keep an eye out for any suspicious behavior."

"You got it, see you later," Tao spoke.

Everyone stepped out of the car and walked on the red carpet towards the doors with cameras flashing and reporters asking for their identity. Luckily they had their masks to hide it.

Kyungsoo was the first to walk in, followed by the rest of the men.

A few moments later a voice came in through their earpieces, "What do you see?" It was Kris.

"A man with an earpiece on the top of the stairs, I see a gun outline to the right of his blazer," Sehun pointed out, barely sparing a glance at him.

"There's another one standing on the other set of stairs. Same outline," Tao said.

"Does everyone see them?" Kris asked. He was mostly talking to the crew inside the surveillance van.

"Yes, there's at least 27 more trying to blend into the crowd," Lay answered.

"That's a lot more than I expected," Tao mumbled.

"What's wrong? Can't handle it?" Kai teased.

"Oh please. I can take all of them single handed," Tao retorted.

"Sure you can, Panda Boy." 

"That's it!" Tao took brisk steps towards Kai, hoping to knock him in the face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter