~The Quiet American~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun was standing in front of Seoul Coex with a look of determination on his face.

I can do this. 

"Baekhyun, do you read me?" Chanyeol's voice spoke through Baekhyun's earpiece, which looked like a small stud earring to hide the speakers.

"Loud and clear," Baekhyun replied.

"Alright, remember we are looking out for you in all corners of the building." Chanyeol said.

"Okay. I'm going in now." Baekhyun plastered a smile on his face and stepped into the building. He saw his mother and walked towards her.

"Baekhyun, you made it!" She exclaimed as she went in for a hug.

Baekhyun let her hug him breifly and pushed her away lightly. "Don't touch me," he mumbled.

It was a show for the people, they acted normal. It was always like that.

A look of hurt flashed through her eyes and she walked towards the elevator silently.

Once they had both stepped inside she looked at him. 

"Quit staring at me," he said, still looking forward.

"I'm sorry Baekkie.It's just that you've grown a lot since the last time I saw you, you are a man now." She said.

Baekhyun flinched at the nickname and stepped out quickly when the elevator doors opened.

"Room 13A." She said and held the keycard out to him. 

They stepped inside and she ushered Baekhyun to sit down on the couch.

"How long are you going to pretend to be nice?" Baekhyun asked.

"I'm not pretending." She faked a shocked expression and went to the kitchen. She brought him back water and sat in front of him.

"Get to the point Mother."

"Fine, I want you to take over the company. Just like I had asked you 5 years ago," she said, as if it was the simplest thing to do. 

"And just like 5 years ago, i'm going to reject your offer. You know the only reason I came was for Kibum so I suggest you stick to the deal and give him back," Baekhyun replied.

"Baekhyun, please just hear me out-"

"No! You are pure evil and I am utterly disgusted that I am related to you."

"Oh please, not like you haven't killed before." She spat.

"I dont kill the innocent!" he yelled back.

"Now!" She whispered.

"What?" Baekhyun didn't know what she meant until he felt something sting the back of his neck. He reached up and pulled out a sleeping dart. "What the hell?!" He quickly stood up only to feel drowsy, he fell to his knees and saw his mother standing in front of him. 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun, but this is the only way you are going to listen." She whispered into his ear as she took out the earpiece.

The next thing Baekhyun heard was glass breaking and his mothers scream.

Then it was all black, and Baekhyun's uncouncous body fell to the marble floor.

~~~

A couple minutes before, Luhan was perched on top of the roof next to the building with his sniper in hand. He had just taken a pill to slow his heart beat so his shots would be better.

"Kyungsoo." he said into the earpiece.

Kyungsoo hummed in response.

"Are you and Kai dating?" he asked.

Kyungsoo coughed in discomfort  "Luhan, I hardly think this is the time to discuss who i'm dating."

"It's always the time." Luhan re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter