~The Company~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The siren was still ringing when everyone had entered the meeting room. They all looked around for the off button, when Suho finally spotted the small white switch in the table he switched it off and the siren stopped. Then the same robotic voice came on "Please take a seat, we are about to start."

All the men sat down and stared at the front screen, the same black silhouette appeared on the screen and they greeted him by simple bows.

"Good evening sir, what seems to be the problem," Suho asked.

The boss went straight to the point, "Men, there has been a problem with Kibum." he said.

"Yes sir, he went missing two days ago around midnight." Suho answered.

"I wasn't talking about your failure of protecting him, I was talking about this video sent to us by the Black Shadow company." 

"In his defense, he requested you to send over body gaurds," Sehun said, defending their leader.

The man ignored him and flashed off of the screen to show a video starting. 

The video showed Kibum sitting in a chair, tied up and bloody with a bruised face and a terrified expression.

"Hello boys." The same woman who Kris and Tao had met, the same woman who claimed to be Baekhyun's mother, showed her face in the video.

"I am sending you this video as, let's call it, a threat. If you don't stop sticking your nose in my business, my men will continue to kill this boy slowly. Understood?" she smiled venomously, her signature smile.

Baekhyun was fuming when it shut off to show the boss again. "What does she want from us?!" he lashed out. Chanyeol reached for his hand under the table and held onto it tightly.

"Men, she told us that in order to get Kibum back we had to get Baekhyun to meet up with her in Seoul Coex, the hotel she is currently staying in. When Baekhyun gets there she will talk to him then give Kibum back. Although, I have a feeling that she wants more so as your second mission I want you to find out what this woman wants from Baekhyun with out detection."

"Sir, with all due respect, we are spies. Not being detected is a part of our job." Luhan stated with a grin.

"Wipe that smug grin off your face Luhan and get to work. Good luck." The boss said before ending the call.

Luhan laughed at the man's statement and left along with everyone else.

But as usual, Sehun stayed behind and sat there, looking at the screen.

"Come on out old man. I know you're still there." Sehun said.

"Always the brightest." The Boss said as he came back on screen.

"Of coarse." Sehun replied.

"What did you need Sehun?"

"Just wanted to tell you that Minhun asked me to kill for him again." Sehun smirked.

"That boy needs to show himself to me." 

"He's kind of like you." Sehun said.

"Excuse me?" the boss's temper was beggining to rise.

"A coward." Sehun stated simply.

"Watch your mouth! I am not, and have never been, a coward." the man shouted.

"Says the grown man hiding behind a silhouette." Sehun chuckled and left the room.

When he walked out he found Kai standing by the door. 

"You've always known how to push his buttons." Kai laughed.

Sehun laughed along with him and they left the hallway to go up in the elevator.

~~~

Baekhyun was sitting at the top of the staircase when Luhan came up to him and sat down.

Luhan didn't say anything, he just sat there and looked at the window in front of the staircase.

"Well," Baekhyun began "Arn't you going to say something? Or are you just going to sit here?" he asked.

Luhan glanced at Baekhyun then back at the window.

Baekhyun had enough of the silence and got up,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter