~Traitor Within~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris and Tao were situated in the hotel and Tao decided to take a quick shower before they slept.

Kris laid back on the bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking of what would happen after they catch the murderer.

Tao stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and a black shirt on. He finished getting dressed and looked at Kris, who was still laying on the bed. "Are you feeling okay?" he asked.

"Huh?" Kris snapped out of the reverie he was in. 

Tao laughed at Kris and repeated his question "I asked if you were feeling okay."

Kris slowly nodded, unsure whether he had meant it or not.

"Listen, I know tomorrow is a big day for you because you're catching your mother's murderer and all but I just need to know if you'll feel content when it's over." Tao said.

"What do you mean? I'm pretty sure I'll be happy about him being behind bars." Kris replied.

"I'm just saying, this man that you resented for so long is finally going to jail. Are you going to be satisfied with it? Are you going to be content with it? Or are you just going to find something else to hate?" Tao asked.

Kris thought for a moment and looked at Tao who was now sitting by him on the bed. "I don't know how I'll feel, I just want this whole thing mess to be over." Kris replied.

"I think that...." Tao stopped and looked down at his hands.

"What?" Kris asked.

"I think that you should make up with Chen." Tao said and looked at Kris.

"Are you serious?" Kris asked, utterly annoyed and angered.

"Yes, I am. Chen isn't at fault for his family's doings." Tao replied.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stay the hell out of it?" Kris asked through gritted teeth.

"I can't! How can I stay out of your life when I love you?!" Tao yelled and got up, storming out of the room.

He... what?

Kris sat there on the bed, stunned by Tao's sudden confession.

~~~

Tao left the hotel's front doors and sat on a nearby bench, he took a cigarette pack out of his back pocket and opened the top, running his finger over them, choosing one, and setting it ablaze.

He placed it between his lips and inhaled. The chemicals taking over his lungs, corrupting every corner. He exhaled and watched as the puff of smoke vanished slowly into thin air.

What was I thinking...How could I say that?!

Tao inhaled again and calmed his nerves, sighing as he looked up at the night sky.

Next thing Tao knows, the cigarette is being taken out of his mouth and Kris was sitting next to him.

Kris threw it on the ground and stomped it out while mumbling something about a 'Nasty habit.'

Tao rolled his eyes and leaned back on the bench, keeping his eyes on the constellations.

"I don't know what to say." Kris said with his head down.

"Then don't say anything." Tao replied.

Just keep looking at the stars, and you won't cry, Tao mused, You won't cry...

~~~

Sehun sat at Luhan's bed side the whole night. his hair, admiring his soft features, and wondering if he would wake up to be his normal self.

That morning, Sehun watched as the sun rose into the sky, still by Luhan's side. 

Luhan's eyes fluttered open and he looked to his side, finding Sehun staring back at him with a worried expression.

Kill him.

A quiet voice resonated in Luhan's head, the strong words repeating themselves over and over again in an unfamiliar voice.

"No..." Luhan mumb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter