New Chapter

My Little Wife

1 year later,

Mr. Hyun is busy working on his desk with a tons of papers. After Hyerin’s surgery, Mr. Hyun decided to move back to Korea to help with Hyerin’s recovery.

“Mr. Uncle” a sweet voice called out

He lift his head to look at the girl in front of him.

“Didn’t I told you before, call me uncle”

She pouted “But there’s a two of you” she smile at him, that makes a smile draw from Mr. Hyun

“What is it?”

“Don’t you have lunch meeting today?” she ask

Jungsu is still in the army, Hyerin stays with Donghae, but while he is away doing some overseas or out of town schedule, Hyerin stays with her uncle. And everytime, Mr. Hyun has a meeting, he always brings Hyerin. He is training her hoping that she will be his heir but this time, he let Hyerin to choose.

“Are you hungry again?” he ask

Hyerin just nod

“But you just eat before you came here?”

“I’ve been studying for hours now.” she whines

“You’ve been eating a lot but why you haven’t gain any weight.”

“Maybe all of my foods are going to my brain, as you said this brain of mine is damage.”

Mr. Hyun smile

“Are we going now?” she ask

“Your uncle Seunghyun will get mad if you don’t finish your work.” He put down the papers

“I can’t study if I’m hungry, and also Dr. Uncle said that I should eat for me to get stronger.”

Mr. Hyun laugh at her “If your uncle heard that, he will get mad.”

“No, he’s not”

“Okay, okay, you win”

“Yes!!!!” Hyerin celebrate

Dr. Hyun is waiting for his brother and niece to arrive.

“Park Hyerin” he immediately calls her name when the door open.

Hyerin immediately hide on Mr. Hyun back

“Hyung, did you bring her out again?” Dr. Hyun put his hands on his waist

“I told you, he will get mad.”Mr. Hyun whisper

“She was hungry after studying, that’s why I take her out.”

Dr. Hyun sigh and peek on his brother’s back “Yah, Hyerin…. Did you really study?”

Hyerin peek out her head “Neh”

“Okay, let’s have exam in the study room.”

“What? Dr. Uncle” she whines again. “I’ve been studying since this morning, my brain can’t take it anymore, it makes me hungry.” She smile

Dr. Hyun hold his nose bridge, he still can’t believe the child he raise who’s been diligent in study, is now a child you love food more than her lessons.

“Didn’t you tell me that I should eat so that I’ll be stronger, I’m just doing what you told me to do.”

Dr. Hyun can’t believe what he just heard, yes, she told her to eat so her body can be back in good condition but he didn’t say anything about skipping lesson to eat.

Mr. Hyun is just smiling

“Hyung…”Dr. Hyun whines to his brother

“What? You are the one who told her that, not me”

“I am still going to take an exam?” she ask with her most pitiful look

Dr. Hyun sigh “I’ll let you off the hook for now.”

“Really?” She smile brightly

“Yes, so go to your room and clean up, we’re going to have dinner.”

Hyerin immediately runs toward Dr. Hyun and give him a hug.

“What’s for dinner?” she ask

“Your favorite” Dr. Hyun smile

“Really” she get more excited

“Clean up so we can eat.”

“Neh” she run upstairs

“Like she said, you will not get mad.” Mr. Hyun comment

“Hyung, stop spoiling her.” he reprimand

“Look who’s talking about spoiling her niece.”he come closer to his brother “I thought you will give her exam.”

“How can give an exam with that face.”

“How is she anyway?” Mr. Hyun ask

“Her progress is fast but she still need to attend some of her therapy and also she need to go back to basic.”

“Should we enter her to some university?”

“I don’t think it’s needed for now, eventhough it’s been one year since her operation, she still starting to figure out things on her surroundings.”

Mr. Hyun nods to agree “She just need some guidance from us.”

Later that night, Hyerin is already on her bed getting ready to sleep. She gets her phone from the side table to check if she have message. Her face turn sour when she see no message.

“Yah!!! This weird guy claiming that I’m his wife but I don’t even received any message from him since he left.”

She checked her social media account to see that Donghae has been posting picture on his account.

“What are you smiling at?” she sees Donghae’s picture all smile while posing in an open area of green fields.  “Are you really not going to call me or message me, stupid weird guy.”

She put back her phone to the side table and lay down to get some sleep.

The next morning, Kyuhyun fetch her from Hyun’s residence.

They are in Kyuhyun’s car getting ready leave.

“How come you curly guy is here not that weird guy.”

Kyuhyun flick her forehead

“Yah!!! what’s that for?”

“Didn’t I tell you over and over again that you called me Hyunnie…. H.Y.U.N.N.I.E.. Hyunnie”

“Fine… Hyunnie… Hyunnie…”

Kyuhyun smile “That’s better”

“Where are we going anyway?” she ask

Kyuhyun face Hyerin “What day is today?”

“It’s Friday” she answer “Ohh”she finally remember

“Good, now you remember” he pats her head

“It’s my training day”

“Yes. And we have a lot to cover”

Skip

Donghae and Eunhyuk arrives at Donghae’s store.

“Hyung?” Donghae called his brother

“Oh, you’re here, it’s about time, I think she begins to get sulky now.” He pointed a girl with a short hair at the table in the corner. She has pouty face while flipping the book in front of her.

Donghae sigh “Kyuhyun… I told him not to bring her out.”

“Well, as Kyuhyun said, it’s their training day” Eunhyuk answer

“She haven’t eat anything, I tried to give her something but she refuse.” Donghae’s hyung said

“I’ll take her home.” Donghae walk towards to the girl, not minding the people surrounding him.

Right after the surgery, they inform the public about Hyerin’s condition and with Leeteuk’s approval. Donghae finally reveal their marriage, saying that they get married before Hyerin undergo surgery, he wanted to be on Hyerin’s side in the journey that she will going. The news rather all the attention from different media outlet not only in the country but also other, it was the topic for few months.

“Hi” he greets

“Yow, what’s up? Hyerinssi” Eunhyuk greets also

She turn around with a sulky face

“Okay, she’s mad” Eunhyuk whisper to Donghae

“Let’s go home.” Donghae said

Hyerin stand up without saying anything, as they walks out of the store. Hyerin sits on the back passenger seat.

“Are you hungry?”Donghae ask as he put on his seat belt

Hyerin didn’t answer him, she is just looking out the window.

As they got home, Hyerin enter stomping her feet and went straight to her room.

Donghae just put down the food they bought before they go home. After prepare the food on the table, he goes to Hyerin’s room.

TOK TOK

“I’m going in” he open the door

Hyerin is sitting on her bed hugging a pillow, eyebrows are knitted together. Donghae kneel beside the bed.

“The food is ready, let’s eat”

“………….”

“Are you not hungry?” he ask again with his loving sweet voice

“I’m sorry, I’m late, I didn’t know you are there, just until Kyuhyun message me.”

“You didn’t even call me or text me since you left.” She turn her back on him

“I’m sorry, I just don’t want to disturb you in your study.”

“……………….”

“I bought some chicken and strawberry cake”

Hyerin look at him “Do you think I’m that easy?”

“Aniyo… I just said I bought some sweet spicy chicken and strawberry cake”

“I didn’t see you bought something.” Still sulky

“I was, before I fetch you at store.” He smile at her, he knows she got her

“Really?” she ask again

“Yup…. I even bought your favorite vanilla ice cream.” He show his hand “Let’s go”

“Fine…” she takes his hands “But don’t ever think that you can lure me with food”

“I know that” he smile

They are sitting across each other, they are eating in silent.

“Where did Kyuhyun bring you?”Donghae brakes the silence

“The curly hair tall guy?” she ask while busy eating her chicken

“Yeh, that guy” He smile.

Since Hyerin wakes up, as her doctor said all of her memory disappear, they need to introduce themselves to her again and let her watch the video that they made for her. They told her everything that she needs knows and this time no more secrets. For her to recognize them by their name, she has different and weird description to them.

Like Kyuhyun as curly hair tall guy, Yesung as angry man, Siwon as the thinker, Ryewook as jawline man, Eunhyuk as gummy bear, Heechul as pretty noona, Shindong as big yellow haired man, Leeteuk as always Ahjussi and Donghae the bapo weird guy.

“Didn’t I told you before, call us by our name?”

“Wae? It’s more fun to do this, right?” her defense

Donghae sigh “Kyuhyun really did teach you a lot” he mumbles

“I’m done” she wipes “Can you bring my cake in my room?” she stand up

“Okay, I’ll bring it after I clean up.”

Hyerin skip out the dinning.

Donghae’s POV

She did change after all, but I’m still thankful she still with me. Smiling at me. Little by little, step by step, we are trying to cope what we have. We’re trying, I mean I’m trying to get her again, her trust, her interest and her heart. She is aware that we are married, she didn’t protest on that fact, luckily, but she still need to feel it again and I need to let her feel it again. The love that we have for each other, her love that willing to sacrifice everything just for me and my love for her that will never get tired waiting for her.

TOK TOK

“I’m going in” Donghae enter the room and sees his wife on her study table

Donghae’s POV

Eventhough, she lost her memories, GOD still loves her, GOD bring back my Hyerin’s hands, after three month of recovery, we discover that she can move her hands that way she used it before. She can still draw, she can still paint, there still something left for her. I’m so glad and happy for her.

“What are you doing?”Donghae place the food tray on the tray as he check on Hyerin.

He sees a beautiful sketch of a butterfly and a flowers.

“It’s beautiful” he compliment

“Really?” she looks up to him with a bright eyes and twinkling eyes

“Yes, its beautiful” he kiss her head “Your cake is here”

They sits down on the floor as the savor the sweet cake that Donghae bought.

“When the ahjussi is coming back?” she ask

“Jungsu hyung is your brother, you should call him oppa” he lecture her again

“But he’s old right, as Ms. Kim teach me, old man should call ahjussi.” She innocently bite her cake

Donghae just move his head side to side “I shouldn’t let Kyuhyun reprogram your brain, he really made his promise to you.” He mumbles again

“Yah, when that ahjussi coming back?” she ask again

“Hyung said his vacation is two weeks away.”

“Hmmmm….. is that so?”

Donghae move to her side “Do you want to go for a vacation?”

Hyerin looks at him “Yeh, sure, when are we going?”

“I think it’s better if we go during Hyung’s vacation.” He suggest

“Okay” she takes a bite of her cake “Where are we going anyway?”

“Do you want to go to beach?” he ask

“hmmm…. I think it’s okay”

“Hyerinssi….” He takes her right hand “Does your heart beats for me now?”

Hyerin thinks for awhile “I don’t know but I’m comfortable being with you.”

He just smile at her “That’s okay... we still have a lot of time.”

Hyerin put down her spoon and face Donghae “You said that we’re married right?”

He nods “Are you going to protest on that?”

“Aniyo”she shakes her head “So, how long we’ve been married now?”

“2 years”

She nods

“What else do you want to know?”

“Hmmmm….. let’s see..”

Donghae just looks at her dearly, he place his right hand on her right cheek “You know that I love you right?”

“You always saying that and I don’t know what to say back everytime you’re saying that.”She pouted and cross her arms to her chest.

He just smile of her silliness “I told you, just take it slow, just let me say those words to you… uhmmm…”he caress her face “I love you , Lee Hyerin…. I love you so much.” He slowly lean forward to Hyerin

But before he can get closer a pair of hand stops him

“Are you going to harass me again?” she smile

“WHAT!!!!” he was shocked by her words “Who teach you that?”

“The curly tall guy… I mean Hyunnie” she answer “he said that if you try something to get close to me without my permission it’s called harassment and you are a ert.”

Donghae just lay on his back on the floor defeated.

“Argghhhh….. Cho Kyuhyun………” he shouted “From now on, you will not having your game schedule with him.”

“Wae?”she protest “It’s fun playing games. And he said that there is a new game coming up, so you need to buy it for me.”

Donghae looks at her again “What game?”

Hyerin take her phone and show it to Donghae “This” she smile brightly “He said that you need to buy the first version before everyone gets it. It will be out next month so I think you should do some reservation now.”

“Arghhhh….. Cho Kyuhyun…….”he shouted again

Hyerin just looking at him weirdly.

After that delicious dessert, Donghae let Hyerin rest for night as he also go back to his room to do some little work.

Donghae is composing a new song.

“Ahhhh!!!!!” he stretch out his back and he looked at the clock’s it’s already 2:00 in the morning. He gets out of his room to get some water.

He sees Hyerin in the kitchen, specifically Hyerin’s head inside the refrigerator

“Lee Hyerin……”

Hyerin startle and close the refrigerator

“Why aren’t you asleep?” he ask, he put his hands on his waist “Are you going to eat again?”

“You? Why are you still awake? What are you doing here?”Hyerin ask him also

“I just finish working and I need some water.”

“It’s late, you still working.”Hyerin

“You know it’s late but you still awake and still going to eat.”

“Aniyo…. I’m not going to eat.”

“Then why are you holding the ice cream that I bought?”

Hyerin pouted

Donghae drinks his water and take away Hyerin’s cake back to where it belong.

“Go back to your room, sleep now…”

“I can’t sleep there, its dark and cold in my room.”

A beautiful smile form in Donghae’s face.

“You can sleep in my room, if you want”

Hyerin giggles and run towards Donghae’s room. She immediately lay down on the bed followed by Donghae.

He turn off the light, he also turn on a night lamp before joining Hyerin in the bed. He immediately pull Hyerin on his arms, wrap his arms around her and give her a gentle kiss on her head. Hyerin snuggle herself to him, burying her face to his chest.

“Are you still cold?” he ask

“Not anymore” she answer “Can I have a question?”

“What is it?” he kiss her head again

“Are you getting tired of me?”

He looks down on her, “Why you asked that?”

She looks at him “Well, everyone said I changed a lot after the surgery, that I become impatient and moody unlike before. And also, you keep going abroad and staying there for few days?”

“I’m not getting tired of you and I will never get tired of you. Yes, you change but still you are the same woman that I fell in love with. And for my schedule overseas, I have to attend it for us, so I can provide you a good life. Did I answer your question?”

Hyerin nods “Can I have question again?”

“You can ask me many question as you can?”

“What’s with the frame with your bed table? It only has a printed words.”

“Let’s just say it was a promise”

“Promise? What promise?”

“Our promise to each other” he planted a kiss on her forehead

“How?” she ask again

“I’ll explain it to you tomorrow but for now you need to sleep or else Ms. Kim will be scolding you again.”

Hyerin pouted

He caress her face “don’t get sulky, let’s sleep now.”

1 year ago

Donghae is doing something on his laptop, Dr. Hyun said after the surgery Hyerin will be having difficulty in communicate, only way to communicate with her is words in writing, that is why Donghae doing his assignment while Hyerin still asleep.

2 days after the surgery, Leeteuk and Donghae are watching some tv.

“uh….hmmmmm….”they heard a small whimper

Leeteuk immediately turn his head to see Hyerin is slowing waking up.

“Call, uncle hurry” he said to Donghae

Donghae hurriedly run outside and return with Dr. Hyun

“Hyerin….”Leeteuk calling her “Hyerin…. It’s me… Jungsu oppa” he hold her right hand and squeeze it tightly.

“uh…..uh…”Hyerin slowly moving her head

When Donghae return, he get the paper on the table.

“Baby…. Open your eyes…. I’m here… your Donghae…”

Slowly, Hyerin open her eyes, weakly closing and opening her eyes.

“Baby… baby… are you okay? Are you there?” Donghae shows her a sheet of paper “Lee Hyerin, are you there?” he ask again

Hyerin slowly lift her left hand and touch the paper that Donghae’s holding before she fell unconscious again.

Donghae look at the paper with smile and tears running down from her eyes.

“I knew… I knew… you will come back…”

Two words are written on the paper it “YES”and “NO”

Donghae keeps looking at the word “YES” as Hyerin pointed that word.

Skip

“I want to skip class tomorrow” she said

“Wae? You need to attend your class”

“But I don’t want to”she insist

“Araso, I’ll call noona tomorrow”

“Yes..”she snuggle herself more to him

“I thought this is harassment.” he

“No, it’s not”

“You’re getting close to me without my permission.”

Hyerin look up to him “I bet you like it anyway.”” She stick her tongue out

“Yeh, right” he tightly hug her “Should I move to your room?”

“No, can do”

“Why not?”

“I want to have my privacy”

“But you invading my privacy…”he protest

“You still like it anyway.” she answer him

He didn’t answer her anymore, he just smile at make Hyerin close to her “Sleep now, my angel” he gently tap her back and hum her a lullaby.

“As I promised I’ll be standing in the same place until you meet again. Or I’ll be walking back to meet you and we will walk forward together.” He said in his mind.

============================================================

 

This is the end of this story... hope you enjoy this....