Her decision

My Little Wife

"How can you let this happen?" Dr. Hyun scolding the two outside Hyerin's room at the hospital. "Didn't i tell you before that you need to watch her because her health isn't good anymore after the accident,"

"We're just busy to our schedule"

"You should just ask me, I told you, you can bring her to me." Dr. Hyun hold his temple "I'll take care of Gu Donghae, just look after her, she might be very confuse right now."

They went back to Hyerin's room, Leeteuk sit on the couch holding his head because of frustration.

"What are we going to do now?" Donghae ask while looking at his wife

"What else we can do, we just need to make her understand everything."

The next morning, Leeteuk stays in the hospital so Donghae can go back to the dorm to prepare for his schedule.

"Umma" Hyerin mumbles in her sleeps

Leeteuk sit beside the the bed and hold his sister's right hand

"Umma" she open her eyes

"Hi" he smiles brightly to her "How do you feel now?"

Hyerin didn't answer

"Do you want to eat?" 

".................."

"You need to eat to get strong, hmm?"

Hyerin turn her back on him

Leeteuk sigh and stand up "Just eat when you get hungry" he tap his sister's shoulder "I'm going now, I'll be back after my schedule."

Leeteuk went out and close the door, right after he close the door he heard a cry, he open the door a little enough to see Hyerin crying while hugging the pillow tightly. He can feel her pain and loneliness, he wants to go inside and hugs his little sister but he knows she will just hide her feelings to him, so he just let her cries until she had enough as he cries with her outside the door.

That evening, Donghae visit Hyerin at the hospital, he brings dinner and some fruits.

"Hey" he greets as he enters

Hyerin just watching television.

he place the paper bag on the table "I brought some food, let's eat, huh" he looks at her but Hyerin seems like she doesn't heard anything.

Donghae just prepare the food at the bed table.

"Your uncle said that you can go home tomorrow"

".............."

"The food is ready" he move the table near at her "eat now"

Hyerin starts to eat her meal as Donghae sit beside the bed and eat his food. After the meal, Donghae clean up and peel some fruits for Hyerin, he sits beside the bed while Hyerin is just watching tv.

"Hyerin.... Baby" he tries to talk to her

"It's hard enough for me seeing you here so please don't talk."

"But I just want to"

"Stop!!!" she shouted "Leave!!!"

"Okay....okay" he back down "Maybe we can talk when you get home"

The next morning, Leeteuk was suprise when he didn't see his sister at her room.

"Excuse me, where's my sister?" he ask the nurse

"She's been discharge eaarly morning" Dr.Hyun said

"What do you mean?" Leeteuk

"Let's have coffee first"

They went to a coffee shop near at the hospital.

"Where is she?" Leeteuk ask agitated

"I visit her last night in her room, she ask me to discharge her earlier than schedule because she wants some time to be alone for awhile."

"Where is she?"

"Don't worry, she's just in her studio, she's going to stay there until she process things."

"How can she process things if she still doesn't know what really happen?"

"Jungsu" Dr. Hyun tap his shoulder "As of now, let's just respect her decision. She's very angry right now, she will not understand things that you will say to her if she's in that state." Dr. Hyun sigh "You can visit her and slowly tries to feed her things that she needs to know." he hold his hands together "She grows up being alone that's why she used to be like that, you understand me, right?"

"Yes" leeteuk sigh, tears lingering in his eyes "I just don't want her to distant herself from me again. especially now that I'm preparing to go to military. I don't want to go not fixing this matter to her."

"I know that and we will fix this soon."

At Hyerin's studio

Hyerin just arrived at her studio, she turn on the lights to see that the whole place is full of dust.

"This is what you get when you don't clean up" she bitterly smile

She walks inside to look at her previous work, at the living room she found the painting before she miscarriage her baby.

"I'm so glad that they put it here" she touch the painting "I'm sorry to forget about you, baby... but I'm back now." a tear falls down that she immediately wipe.

"I should start cleaning up"

She go to the nearest store to buy some cleaning materials, after that she starts cleaning up her studio. She place all her painting in one side, the brushes and paint she put it in a box, place it on a cabinet.

The sun is already setting up when she's done cleaning up her studio, she order some food for dinner. She's comfortably sitting on her couch while waiting for the food.

After 15 minutes, she head the door bell.

"Coming"

She open the door and it was her brother.

"Hi, i brought some food" Leeteuk cheerfully said

Hyerin just standing in the door, not saying anything.

"Can I go inside?" he ask

The atmosphere is getting awkward for them, Hyerin just looking down and playing with her foot, while leeteuk just waiting for Hyerin's invitaion.

"Delivery" the delivery man arrives and that breaks the awkward situation.

"Oh, yeah" Leeteuk get his wallet and pay

"Can I go inside?" he ask again

Hyerin sigh and open the door for her brother. She sit on the table as Leeteuk prepare the food.

Hyerin starts to eat the jjampong and dumplings that she order.

"Eat this also" leeteuk place the chicken on a plate and sit across to his sister. "I was surprise not seeing you at the hospital this morning."

Hyerin didn't seems like to hear what Leeteuk is saying.

"You know all i want is what's best for you" Leeteuk become serious "Since when we're kids until now, your welfare is my first priority."

"So, that's why you betray me" she put down her chopstick "Oh..wait.... this isn't the first time you betray me, eversince I was little you've been betraying me"

"Hyerin"

She sigh "Fine, I don't understand everything that is happening, so I don't have a rights to say anything against anyone."

"It's not that, Hyerin"

"Then, what?"  she stand up and bang the table

"Calm down, I don't want to fight with you" Leeteuk calmly said

Hyerin sits down again, drink some water.

"He has a reason" he said slowly and look at her "I'd talked to him after the accident, when you were still in the ICU."

"Are you here for me or for him?" she looks at him "If you are here to defend him just go." she stands up "Just leave"

"Hyerin, can you please listen to me?"

Hyerin hold her temple "I'm a little bit tired, can you please leave?"

"Don't do this, please, let's talk" Leeteuk stand up

"Oppa, please go" Hyerin almost lost her balance, she hold on to the chair

"Are you alright?" Leeteuk worriedly ask

"Just leave, oppa" she runs upstairs and to the bathroom.

Leeteuk follow her upstairs "Hyerin" he knock on the door "Hyerin... open the door.."

"Leave... I don't want to see you... just leave me alone.."

Leeteuk notice something is wrong to her voice "Open this door now!!!!!" he heard that Hyerin is vomitting inside

"Hyerin...open the door please... open up"

"I said leave...."

Leeteuk didn't leave, he just stay outside the door until his sister come out.

It's 3am when Hyerin went out of the bathroom,  Leeteuk already fallen asleep on the floor. Hyerin just go straight to her bed and cover herself with blanket.

Leeteuk wakes up all of the sudden and found his sister on the bed. He stand up and check on his sister.

"I'll just come back later" he brush her hair and kiss her forehead "Sleep tight"

The next morning, Hyerin get up and take shower before going to her restaurant.

"Good morning, Ms.Hyerin" the manager greets her

"Is everything alright here?" she ask

"Yes, ma'am"

"Bring the papers in my office"

"Yes, ma'am"

"And bring some bottle of wine"

Hyerin work at her office whole day, doing some paper works for the restaurant and her few paintings left.

"I need to plan everything right now before it's too late."

TOK TOK

"Excuse me, Ms. Hyerin, you have visitor" the manager said

"Okay" she answer while looking at the papers

"Are you busy?"

Hyerin look up to see who is her visitor.

"Yeh, I am" she answer

"Can we talk for a little while?" Kyuhyun sit on chair in front of her desk

"Hmmmm..."

"Are you mad at me?" he ask

"Why should I?"

"Dongsaeng-ah?"

"Is that how you really treat me or it's just a name?"

Kyuhyun sigh "Hyerin, I don't have time for this"

Hyerin stops her work "I'm so sorry to take your precious time, but as I remember I didn't ask you to come here." she getting teary eyes, she turn her back on him "Why all of you can't understand the word leave me alone?"

Kyuhyun stand up and go to her "Hyerin" he kneel down and let Hyerin lean on his shoulder.

"Why you didn't tell me?" she said, gripping his shirt very tightly "I thought you are my bestfriend, you have a lot of chances to say it, why you didn't tell me?"

"I don't have any excuse for that" he said

"At least, you didn't say sorry" she push him slowly and wipe her tears "Go now and don't come here again"

"Wait... Hyerin"

"Just go, I don't want to see all of you" she looks at him "Tell that to your hyung, I don't want to see him, all of you."

"Hyerin" Kyuhyun don't know what to say

She stands up and point the door "Just leave and don't see me ever again"

Kyuhyun sigh "If that's what you want, but you can call me anytime, araso?"

"Don't worry, you will not hear anything from me"

Skip

Leeteuk and Donghae didn't have any chance to see Hyerin again because of their overseas schedule for concert and other activities.

At Donghae's apartment

He doesn't have schedule for today, so Donghae decided to visit Hyerin and have dinner with her later. He is getting ready to go out when he hears a phone rings. 

"What is that?" he ask himself. He look around the bedroom and found Hyerin's phone in the drawer of the side table.

"yobeoseyo?"

"I want to talk to Ms. Park?"

"She's not here right now, who is this?"

"This is Dr. Cha, her neuro-surgeon"

His heart beat goes wild when he heard that "Sur.....surgeon..."

"Yes, I've been calling her for two weeks now for her check-up and to schedule her operation."

"What?" his eyes got big "What operation? Wae? Is there a problem?"

"Are you related to her?"

"Yes, I'm her husband"

"If you want you can come with her today at the hospital"

Donghae immediately go the hospital to meet Dr. Cha. It's a different doctor and different hospital that's why Donghae is gotten more worried.

When he arrived at the hospital, he knock on the door and open it.

"Hello" a male doctor stand up from his chair "May I help you?"

"I'm Hyerin's husband"

"Oh, yeah... where is she?"

"Well, I'd like to know what's happening here"

"You didn't know?" Dr. Cha ask

"Know what?"

"Let's sit down, first"

Dr. Cha shows Hyerin's brain scan and some test result to Donghae.

"What is this?" Donghae ask

"She came here few months ago for consultation, we did some few test and that's the result"

"What does it say?"

"After the accident, her brain damage severely, there's a blood clot in her brain that may result severe headache and eye sight getting blurry"

"How come? before she was discharge they check her"

"Well, the damage just develop few months ago that's why they didn't see it."

"What's going to happen now?"

"As the result came in, I suggest to her to undergo for another surgery to remove the blood clot, but she refuse"

"Why?"

"The surgery is a little bit complicated, if we open her brain there's a tendency that she will lost her memory permanently because of that she might be change to another person, with another personality, or she might lost her sense of sight or probably death."

"What!!!!!" Donghae starts to cry "Then what if she's doesn't go to surgery?"

Dr. Cha takes a deep breath "I'm sorry to say this but she doesn't have much time, if she will not go undersurgery within a month, it will only take her 2-3 months to live."

Cold chill climb up to his entire body as it shakes, tears running down from his eyes. "No, she can't be.... No... this isn't true.."

"If you can talk to her about this, I'll schedule her surgery soon."

Skip

At Hyerin's studio

Hyerin is having her dinner when she heard a loud knock on her door.

"Who is it?"

"It's me..... open up"  Donghae said

"Why are you here?"

"Just please open the door"

"Are you drunk?" Hyerin ask

"No, i'm not....so open this door now"

"Just go home"

"Open this door or I will break it" Donghae threat

Hyerin open the door "What do you want?"

Donghae hugs her tightly "Why are you being like this? You are so selfish, you said that we will not hide secret from each other, then why you hide it from me. How selfish can you be?" he cries so hard while huggin her "Why are you keeping doing this? I'm here.... I'm here.... you should said it to me...."

"Yes, I'm selfish, so let's break up. You don't need a selfish girl by your side." she said in cold tone

===================================================================================================