Failure

My Little Wife

"Where did she go?" Donghae just arrived at Hyerin's studio

"I don't know, I already called Dr.Hyun and Ms. Kim but they said Hyerin didn't contact them." Leeteuk is getting frustrated "Why did she leaves like that? Why she always doing this?"

"Hyung, do you think she leaves the country?" Donghae ask, tears are lingering in his eyes

"No... her passport is in my care."

They try to think where Hyerin must been.

"Hyung" Donghae got an idea "Maybe she's in your old house"

"Yeh, that's right"

They went to Park's old house but there's no sign of Hyerin there. They look around the city still no Hyerin.

Days have passed, they keep looking for her, even Dr. Hyun hired someone to search for Hyerin. As time goes by, their worries are building up especially now that they already know Hyerin's situation. They need to find her soon so she can have the operation that might save her life.

One day, Leeteuk and Donghae visit Dr. Cha to ask things about Hyerin's surgery.

"Dr. Cha, this is Hyerin's brother" Donghae introduce his hyung

"Park Jungsu" Leeteuk hand shake with Dr. Cha

They all sitted

"What can I do for you?"

"I want to know my sister condition and what are the risk if she goes under surgery."

Dr. Cha sigh "As I said to Mr. Lee, Hyerin's condition is in progress, the blood clot in her brain will effect her brain as time goes by. Severe headache, vomiting and sometimes she might cough blood and have some blurry vision."

Leeteuk's heart is getting heavy just hearing what his sister might going through right now.

"In surgery you will remove the blood clot in her brain right"

"Yes, we will but there some casualties you must know"

"Like what?"

Dr. Cha look at Donghae "You haven't told him yet"

"No, I'm not in the position to say it to him."

"What is it?"

"She can go under surgery to remove the blood cloth, but the prodecure itself is dangerous."

"No... it can't be" Leeteuk shakes his head

"But it depend on the condition of her body, and if the surgery will be successful they effect will shows up after."

"Like what?"

"All her memory will be lost permanently, with that she will become another person as she was now." Dr. Cha lean on his chair "That's the consequence that she needs to consider or all of you need to consider."

"And she needs to undergo surgery as soon as possible?" Leeteuk ask

"Yes"

After consulting Dr. Hyun, they went to a coffee shop to talk.

"What she's thinking right now? How can she keep this from us?" Leeteuk keeps pulling his hair, he doesn't know what to do anymore. "She's my sister but it seems like I still don't know her yet, how can I not know that she will leave like this?"

"Hyung, please don't get mad at her"

"No, I'm not... All i want now is to find her before I enter, I can't go in military at peace if I didn't find her."

"We will find her hyung, I promise you.... I will find her" For the first time in his life with his hyung, Donghae is the one who is assuring him. "I won't stop till I find her."

Leeteuk sees the sincerity on his eyes, he knows that his dongsaeng is all grown up now "I trust you, find her for me"

"Yes, hyung"

Skip

Month had passed but there still no news about Hyerin, Leeteuk will be entering the military tomorrow and he is already stress out, he haven't see his sister yet and he is worried if he will be able to see her again, he doesn't want to think negative things but he can't help it, especially that time is running out for her.

At the dorm, night before Leeteuk enter military. He go to Donghae's room to talk to him.

"Donghae-yah"

"Hyung?" Donghae sits up on his bed, he is already preparing to sleep.

"Can we talk?"

"Off course, hyung"

Leeteuk sits on the bed

"Can you do a little favor for me while I'm in the military?"

"What is it?"

Leeteuk starts to cry "If you ever find her" he hold his dongsaeng hands "Please.... bring her at the hospital and convince to undergo  surgery."

"Hyung...you don't have to tell me... I will do it..."

"she must be really scared right now... if you ever find her...please hug her for me and tell her, she don't need to be afraid."

"Yes, I know that hyung, maybe that's why she leaves...she afraid that she might hurt us."

"Please takre care of her while I'm gone, I'll do anything to finish early."

"You don't have to worry hyung, I'll take care of Hyerin and this time I won't fail anymore."

"Kamsahamnida....Donghae..."

"There's no need to thank me"

Skip

Donghae is in the recording studio whole day, he and Eunhyuk are busy recording their new song.

"Ah... what time is it?" Eunhyuk stretch out and look at the clock

"Should we call it a day? let's take a rest now" Donghae suggest, turing his chair around

Suddenly his phone rings

"Yobeoseyo?"

"Donghae-yah, it's me"

"Noona" he sit up straight

"I found her"

His whole body is shaking up, his heart beating fast "Where is she?"

"I'll send you the address, come here immediately"

"Yeh, okay... I'll hang up...send me the address immediately."

Donghae hang up the phone

"Who is it?" Eunhyuk ask

"It's Ms. Kim, she said she found Hyerin."

Eunhyuk eyes got big "Really? Where?"

He look at his phone, Ms. Kim already send the address.

"I'm going now" he run out

"Yah... Donghae.... where are you going? Yah!!!"

After 2 hours of driving, Donghae finally arrives at a hospital outside Seoul.

He open the door "Hyerin" he sees Hyerin lying on the bed sleeping, she has IV in her left hand. "Hyerin" he runs towards her. He stops as he approach the bed. He looks at her for awhile, tears already flowing from her eyes.

"My angel" he caress her face and it felts so cold.

"Donghae" Ms. Kim called out because Donghae didn't seems to notice her that she was sitting on the couch.

"What happen? How did you find her?"

"She collapse at the market downtown, the village people bring her here, they didn't find any phone with her but a nurse found my calling card on her wallet and called me."

"Is she alright? What's her condition?"

"She's fine, she's just exhausted."

Donghae just looking at Hyerin, smiling while crying. He feels so relief and happy that Hyerin is already in front of him.

"I already called Dr. Hyun, he communicating with Dr. Cha now"

"Okay"

"Stay with her, I'll just arrange her request for transfer tomorrow."

"Okay"

Ms. Kim leaves the room, as Donghae pull a chair to sit beside the bed.

He takes Hyerin's right hand and inter-twine their fingers "I'm so glad that you are already here."

The next morning, Hyerin wakes up, she look around where she was and hold her head trying to figure out what happen. She look at on her right, Donghae is sleeping, his head lean on the bed while holding her hand tightly.

She tries to remove her hand but Donghae just tightly hold it and wakes up.

"Hi" Donghae greets her with a beautiful smile

"What are you doing here?" she ask

"I came here because my wife needs me." he kiss her hand "Let's eat breakfast, so you have energy when they transfer you."

"What?" 

"Your uncle request to transfer you at his hospital."

"No, I won't go back to Seoul" Hyerin strongly refuse

"Yes, we will go back" Donghae said firmly "I won't let you do stupid things again, I won't let you off my sight again."

"You can't do that.... You can't"

"Yes, I can... I'm your husband, I have the rights." he didn't mean to rise his voice to her. "I'm sorry..." he sits on the bed "Don't be stubborn.... please.... hyung is worried about you."

"Jungsu oppa?"

"He already went to military, his heart is so heavy when he enter without saying goodbye to you."

Hyerin tears up "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt him."

"It's okay, my angel" he wipes her tears "we will call hyung as soon as we arrived in seoul. He can visit you when it's time for his vacation." he caress her face and kiss her forehead "It's early in the morning, you should smiling not crying."

By the afternoon, they transfer Hyerin back to Seoul and they arrived at the hospital before the sun is setting.

"Rest now" Dr. Hyun checking his niece condition "We will schedule your surgery as soon as possible."

"I don't want the surgery"

Dr. Hyun looks at her "Don't be stubborn, me and Dr. Cha already talk"

"Uncle?"

Dr. Hyun brush her hair "Just let uncle do his work, huh?" his tears lingering in his eyes "Uncle will do everything he can... just take care of yourself for the surgery, huh?"

"But Uncle"

"No, buts..." he kiss her forehead "I'll be back to check on you later."

Dr. Hyun leaves the room, Ms. Kim and Donghae are outside waiting.

"How is she?" Donghae ask

"She's fine, she just need to condition her body and mind for the surgery" he sigh "She still refusing the surgery, you need to convince her just before her schedule or the surgery just fail if the patient is not confident on the procedure."

"Yes, I will"

"There something in her that makes her afraid the surgery, you have to assure her everything will be alright even after the surgery"

"Yes, I will"

"Okay then" Dr. Hyun leaves

It's time for dinner, Donghae feeding his wife.

"Can we call oppa?" she ask

"No, we can't, he's the one who will call us if he has spare time but i already leave a message at his department to call as soon as possible."

Hyerin nods "Aren't you going back to your dorm?"

"Maybe tomorrow, wae?" she wipes

"Nothing, it's okay if you don't come here"

Donghae didn't answer

"Where is she right now?"

Donghae put the spoon and sit on the bed "She's still in prison"

"Hmmm" she nods and drink some water "How did Donghae oppa get out?"

Donghae sigh and remove the bed table "His lawyer plea his case"

She nods again

"Hyerin" he holds her hand "Is that all you're going to ask?" he ask

"I'll just be going to the bathroom" she get down on her bed and go to the bathroom

Donghae just lay down on the bed and stare at the ceiling "Hyerin.... I miss you a lot"

Donghae leaves for awhile to do his duty and get some things that Hyerin needs.

Ms. Kim helping her to wash up at the bathroom.

"Did Jungsu oppa call?" she ask while Ms. Kim washing her head at the sink

"No, not yet" she get some towel to dry Hyerin's hair "Hyerin?"

"Neh, unnie" she sits on the toilet bowl while Ms. Kim drying her hair

"Why did you leave like that?"

"I just want too"

"I don't buy it, I know you, if you don't want to tell me, it's okay" she tap her shoulder "Just don't do it again, huh/"

Hyerin just nods

Donghae finish his work earlier, he bought some food and fruits before going back to hospital. Hyerin is sleeping when he got there, he just put down the bags on the couch and lay down facing her.

"We will get through this" he brushes off her hair over her face  "We will get through this together." he fell asleep.

After an hour, Hyerin wakes up seeing Donghae at her side.

She's about to touch his face but she stop herself.

"You shouldn't come and see me. To tell you the truth I understand everything that you said to me that day." she sigh "Yes, I'm hurt but still I understand everything." she silde down her point fingers on his nose "I pretend to be mad at you and to everyone to drive you away from me. I know my condition and I know what it will cause to me and to others. You and oppa are very important to me, I leave because I don't want to see you suffer because of me. I will not forgive myself to see you getting hurt and being lonely because of my condition. It much better for me to be alone than to see you being sad because of me."

She move her face closer to his "You're getting more handsome everyday" she giggles "I love you so much, Mr. Lee Donghae" she kiss his lips "I'm sorry but I have to be mean to you until you get tired and leave." she caress his face and to her surprise Donghae hold her hand.

"Who told you being mean is going to work on me?" he open his eyes "You fail big time Mrs. Lee Hyerin" he show a big smile to her

===================================================================================================