Waking Up

My Little Wife

 

              “Hyerinssi….” Leeteuk call out

                “Uncle” she call out softly then she look at her feet again “How much damage did they do to me?” she ask calmly

                Dr. Hyun walks until he reaches the bedside and hugs her “Hyerin, you finally awake”

                “Am I able to dance again? What did they do to my legs? Can I still go to the audition?” Hyerin keeps on asking

                Dr. Hyun just looking at her confusely “Hyerin, what are you saying?”

                “Princess” Leeteuk hug his sister “You’re back, I’m so happy that you finally wake up”

                Hyerin make a gap between them, she look at her brother confusely “Who are you?” she ask innocently

                “Hyerin don’t joke around like that” Leeteuk caress her face “It’s me Jungsu oppa”

                Hyerin look at Dr. Hyun then look at Leeteuk “How can it be my brother is in Korea, he just debut as a singer there”

                “WHAT!!!!” Leeteuk eyes got big and he looks at Dr. Hyun “Princess.. What are you saying? It’s been five years since I debut..”

                “WHAT!!!? Five years..” she look at Dr. Hyun “What does he mean by that?”

Skip

                “What’s your name?” a doctor ask hyerin

                “Hyerin Park”

                Dr. Hyun and Leeteuk are just watching at the side.

                “Who are your parents?”

                “Jong-In Park, Hyesun Park, they died when I’m 8 years old”

                “How old are you now?”

                “I’m 16”

                Leeteuk eyes got big and look at Dr. Hyun then look again to his sister.

                “Hyerin” the doctor adjust his voice, like he is talking to a little child “Do you know who they are?” he pointed Dr. Hyun and Leeteuk

                “It’s Uncle Hyun” she said

                “And the other one?”

                Hyerin look at Leeteuk carefully “I don’t know but he looks like Jungsu”

                “Your oppa?”

                “Neh, he looks like Jungsu but his nose is different and he looks old.”

                “Princess… don’t you recognize me.. it’s Jungsu oppa…I just grow up that’s why I look like this”

                “Aniyo… he’s in Korea with my grandparents; that is why I’m here with uncle” she look at Dr. Hyun “When I will be discharge here?” she ask

                “You will stay here for while”

Skip

At Dr. Hyun’s office

                “What is happening to my sister?”

                “She has partial amnesia; she can only remember things that happen from her childhood until at age 16.”

                “Her memory sets back to the day that she woke up after her accident, that’s cause her unable to attend the important audition for her”

                “But why?” Leeteuk ask

                “It’s probably when her head hits on the ground, her brain activated its defense mechanism that all of her memory will be lock in. And the memories that have been suppressed must be the memories that she doesn’t want to remember, especially if it’s painful and traumatic experience for her.”

                “Will she be able to remember everything?”

                “I’m not sure of that; maybe it will take months or years or not anymore. It still depends on her, and it also depends on the people around her. She needs love and care, she needs help and support from you as your brother. Make sure you always have time for her maybe in that way she can recover her memory faster.

                “I’m always here for my sister”

Skip

                Leeteuk went back to Hyerin’s room, he is sitting at the chair beside the the bed. Hyerin is already sleeping.

                “What will I do now?” he lean forward and brushes Hyerin’s hair “How will I help you? How will I explain this to Donghae? You are already awake but you still can’t go back to us.”

Skip

                Leeteuk goes back to the dorm; he is exhausted because he spends his whole afternoon explaining everything to Hyerin. About the accident that causes her losing some of her memory, telling her what is she before the accident. But he leaves the information about her being married to Donghae.

                He went straight to his room; Heechul is alarmed by the mood of his hyung.

                “Jungsu-ah” he opens the door and went inside “Is something wrong? How’s Hyerin?” he sitted on the bed where Leeteuk is sitting.

                Leeteuk look at Heechul “Can you keep a secret?”

                “Off course, what is it?”

                “Hyerin is already awake”

                “WHAT!!!! When?”

                “Just this morning, when I went there, Uncle and I were surprise seeing her sitting on her bed.” one tears falls from his eyes “I’m so happy to see her all awake and hearing her voice again. I’m so happy that she already came back.”

                “That’s great, but why you look so sad, aren’t you happy that your sister is finally awake”

                “She can’t remember few things; her memory is just when she was 16 years old”

                “WHAT!!! How can it be?”

                “The doctor said it’s the effect of her head hitting to a hard surface. She forgot some memories especially the most painful ones that her unconscious mind doesn’t want to remember anymore.”

                “WHAT!!! She doesn’t remember..”

                “She doesn’t remember that passed at her 16 years old memory, she doesn’t remember about entering college, coming back here, having a job.” He looks at Heechul “she doesn’t remember you and the little kids, she didn’t even recognized me at first.”

                “You mean…”

                “Your thinking is right, she doesn’t even remember Donghae and who is he in her life.”

                While the two is talking inside the room, Ryewook is busy eavesdropping to his hyung, he’s been sticking his hear on the door enough to hear everything that Leeteuk said. He hurrily went down to the 11th floor.

                “Hyerin is awake!!! Hyerin is awake!!!!” he shouted while entering the dorm

                Kyuhyun comes out from the room “What did you just said?”

                “I heard Jungsu hyung said that Hyerin is already awake”

               

Skip

                The next morning, Leeteuk is preparing to visit Hyerin at the hospital again, he pack some of Hyerin’s things and he is about to leave his dongsaeng is already waiting for him at the parking lot.

                “What are you all doing here?”

                “We’re going to visit Hyerin” Eunhyuk said

                “Aren’t you guys tired? Just have some rests” Leeteuk

                “But hyung we haven’t seen Hyerin for months, can we just check her condition?” Sungmin

                “There no changes in her condition, she will unconscious, so there no need for you to go there” Leeteuk lied

                “Are we forbidden to see her?” Kyuhyun

                “Aniyo..aniyo… it’s just that… Hyerin is not in good condition”

                “But you just said she’s fine?” Kyuhyun

                Leeteuk sigh, he can’t do anything about his dongsaeng questions “Fine, let’s go but you need to know something.”

Skip

                Hyerin is sweating a lot, she been trying to move her legs for an hour now.

                “Come on, I can’t stay here any longer, I can’t be stuck like this” she is panting so hard. She sit up again, she use her left hand to lift her left leg and little by little she turn her body to the left side, even if she feels pain all over her body it doesn’t stop her. After few minutes of struggling her successfully hang her left legs on the edge of the bed. She lay back down on the bed, catching her breathe first.

                “Little bit more” she sits up again, and lifts her right legs using her left hand again, doing the same, she is set her feet on the ground, she holds onto the bed to support herself. She takes a little step using her right foot but she fall down on the fall.

                “HYERIN!!!!” Leeteuk has arrived and see his sister on the floor “What are you trying to do? Your body is not fully recovered” he carries her and places her back at the bed. “You can just call some nurse if you need anything, do need something? I’ll get it for you” He said while wiping her sweat.

                “……………..” she moves away then she noticed the presence of people, she look at them with knitted eyebrows.

                Leeteuk noticed it “They are my friends, my members in the group I debut in, remember?” he said softly

                “Annyeong” Ryewook greeted with a big smile “I’m Kim Ryewook, you can call me wookie oppa”

                “Hello, I’m Lee Sungmin, you call me oppa too”

                “Annyeong Hyerinssi, I’m Lee Hyukjae”

                “I’m Henry Lau”

                “Dongsaeng-ah, I’m Cho Kyuhyun”

                They all introduced themselves to her but Hyerin didn’t even bother to response to them.

                “Did you eat already?”

                Hyerin didn’t answer, she just turn her head looking outside the window.

                “You want me to tidy your hair?” he ask again

                “…………..”

                “Should we just wash your hair first?”

                “………….”

                TOK TOK TOK TOK

                A nurse opens the door “Excuse me sir, I’m just going to check the patient and give her medicine” she enter and check the blood pressure of Hyerin “I’m going to give your medicine, can you sits up?”

Hyerin just nodded, Leeteuk went to the other side of the bed and help his sister to sits up.

“You will be drinking these medicines for every 6 hours, ok?” She placed four tablets on Hyerin’s left hand.

“Can you do it?” The nurse politely ask

Hyerin just nodded and pick the tablets one by one using her right hand, the nurse gave her the glass of water. “Here some apple juice, your doctor said you must drink this often” she gave an apple juice

The nurse look at Leeteuk “She’s not allowed to eat solid food yet, she on liquid diet for now. So don’t give her anything unless it was instructed by her doctor.

“She is allowed to drink some juice other than apple juice”

“Yes, you can give her some fresh juices, if you don’t any question I’ll be leaving now” the nurse bow down and leave the room.

                Leeteuk put the straw in the apple juice and gave it to his sister; Hyerin drinking the juice the way that a little kids drink their juice.

                “You want me to tidy up your hair now?” Leeteuk ask again

                “………….”

                “Ryewook, can you get the brush in the bag please?

                Ryewook give the brush to his hyung, Leeteuk move at the back of Hyerin to brush her hair.

                “Don’t touch me….” Hyerin push her brother away from her

                “Mianhe, I won’t do it again” Leeteuk just sit in the couch

                The medicines got it effects to Hyerin, she already sleeping after she finishes drinking her apple juice.

                “Hyung, how long Hyerin will be like this?” Sungmin ask

                “I don’t know, her doctor also doesn’t know either when her memory will be back”

                “Is noona always grumpy like this when she’s 16 years old?”

                “I’m sorry for her actions; she’s just very confused right now that affects her mood.”

                “Is Donghae hyung knows about this already?” Kyuhyun

                “Aniyo, I don’t know how I will say this to him”

                “But he needs to know that Hyerin is awake now” Eunhyuk

                “I know that” Leeteuk “You all know him, if he knew Hyerin’s condition, he will do anything to get here and he will never leave Hyerin’s side.”

                “But he still need to know” Ryewook

                “I know that”

                “Hyung, can we visit Hyerin more often, maybe it can help to regrain her memory before Donghae comes back” Kyuhyun

                “I don’t know if its will be good on her” Leeteuk is doubting Kyuhyun’s idea

                “But we need to try, probably if she can see us everyday and act like normal it will help her to remember us” Sungmin

                “Please hyung, I want to help my dongsaeng” Kyuhyun

Skip

                The next morning, Kyuhyun and Ryewook visit Hyerin again.

                “Good morning, Hyerinssi” Ryewook greeted happily

                “Good morning dongsaeng-ah” Kyuhyun

                Hyerin just keep her silent

                “Here I brought you some book, incase your bored here”

                Hyerin grab the book from Kyuhyun’s hand and starts reading it. They keep on talking and talking but they didn’t get any response from Hyerin who is busy reading her book.

                They visits Hyerin everyday, they been talking a lot of stories to Hyerin but she didn’t even show a little interest on their stories.

One Day

                “My baby…. my baby….” Donghae is running at the hospital hallway, he flew back from Taiwan when Eunhyuk accidentally said that Hyerin is already awake. “Baby….. Baby….” he open the door “Hyerin”

                “DONGHAE!!!” Eunhyuk is surprise

                “Where is she?” Donghae ask because the bed is empty

                Before Eunhyuk can answer the door open, it was his hyung followed by Hyerin on the wheel chair looking exhausted she just came back from her theraphy.

                “Baby” he kneels in front of Hyerin and holds her hands “Welcome back my angel” he kiss her hands “I miss you… I really miss you baby”

                “Nurse, I want to take a rest now” she acts like she didn’t see anyone in front of her.

                Leeteuk carry his sister back to the bed and cover her with blanket.

                “Ms. Park, I’ll be back for your medicine later” the nurse bow down and leave the room

                “Baby…” Donghae sit on the bedside, he place Hyerin’s hands between his hands “My angel, thank you for coming back, thank you” He kiss Hyerin’s lips; Donghae’s face fly away because Hyerin slap him hard.

                “BABY!!!” he is surprise

                “STOP!!! CALLING ME THAT!!!” she pointed her fingers on him “WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!!?”

                “Baby don’t joke like that” he capped Hyerin’s face “I’m Donghae, your husband”

                “Husband!!!!” NO!!!” she push him “NO!!! I DON’T KNOW YOU!!!!”she hold her head “NO!!!!” and she starts to scream wildly

                “Baby” Donghae hold his wife to calm her down “Hyerin calm down… it’s me Donghae… hyung”

Skip

                Hyerin is already sleeping after the nurse injects something that can make her calm down.

                “Hyung, what’s happening to her?” Donghae is sitting on the bed, brushing his wife’s hair

                “I’m sorry for not telling this to you earlier, Hyerin just remember things that happen when she is 16 years old, she doesn’t remember anything in present.”

                “What!!” Donghae is starting to tear up “She doesn’t remember me…”

                “Mianhe” that’s the only word that comes out from Leeteuk’s mouth

                He look at his wife “Her brain might forget me but her heart won’t; it won’t forget how it beats together with my heart. I know and I believe our love is stronger than this.” He kiss Hyerin’s lips “I love you, my dear wife”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello guys, i finish another chapter again

hope you like it   ^___^

my updates is kinda slow because i'm formulating some ideas for the twist of this story, hope you guys can bare with me

thank you