~*Like Oh*~

【░ ✮SPARK✮░ 】

Author Note: Back to updating on tuesdays and fridays only ladies and gents :3 Please enjoy the next chapter/episode of SPARK \o/ I'm gonna snack on an apple lol An apple a day keeps the doctor away ;D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know that saying "When it rains, it pours"? As if the universe was punishing her for actually having fun last night Miyu was having a totally crappy day. She didn't have bad days often but when she did, they were pretty brutal.

Sarang kept her up with her constant barking in the middle of the night because of the thunder storm so she had bags under her eyes and she oozed crankiness.

As morning hit, the rain didn't stop, it just got heavier and darker and each thunder sound rattled her house and her patience. On the way to the bus stop Miyu's umbrella kept turning inside out, soaking her to the bone before her day had even started.

The bus was late and it was standing room only and the guy next to her smelt like he literally just rolled out of bed...or the trash.

She got to class hoping to see Haruka's smiling face to brighten her day but she was out with a stomach virus so she had to take twice as many notes to take to her later. Word of her rejecting James had started to spread and girls were being extra obnoxious with their comments as usual.

"Beggers can't be choosers!"
"Why would a God like him want her anyway?"
"Was he drunk or something?!"

Miyu couldn't even vent to Kai during lunch because he was away for a game and James and Eric weren't there either. Her lunch seat had a sticky substance on it and she had to cover her bum with her jacket to hide the stain for the rest of the day.

As if things couldn't get any worse her Professor was in a foul mood today too and openly mocked her paper in front of the class for no reason.

GOD FORBID THAT SOMETHING POSITIVE SHOULD ACTUALLY HAPPEN TODAY!! After class she was reaching for her phone in her back pocket to ask if Chunsung could pick her up for work when she sighed heavily.

It wasn't there. She knew her day was too quiet, she hadn't been texting Pabo since he left for his morning schedule. She probably left her phone on the kitchen table after she cleaned up the spilt milk from her cereal.

She patted her cheeks with her hands, come on Miyu you can do this, opened her umbrella and braved her way to work.

Oh! You thought rain would keep people from coming to Woo's? You are dead wrong my friend. On dark days people liked to come to enjoy her Gramp's famous soup and not only was the restaurant crowded, the floor was slippery.

"Mimi"

Chunsung huffed and puffed as he passed her trays of soup to pass out to impatient customers. He didn't even have to finish his sentence

"I think you're right Chunsung. Time to hire more help"

"I'm so tired I can't even enjoy the fact you finally said I was right"

Everytime a customer left, two more would take their place and Miyu hadn't had a chance to sit down at all. She got cranky at Chunsung and Chunsung got cranky with Gramps and Gramps laughed happily

"Struggle builds character!"

A group of snobbish girls had taken the liberty to constantly remind her that they were waiting for their food and she looked a hot mess. Who wore mini skirts and neon colors on a rainy day? Ronald Mcdonald called, he wants his make up back ladies.

Cursing under her breath she made her way back to the kitchen as the bell rang again signaling another customer had arrived and she heard the girls swoon. She wanted to throw that bell out the window and hope it got run over.Twice.

"You guys are doing a great job"

Gramps had given Miyu half a sandwich to munch on since they were so busy they couldn't even take a break. This has never happened before in the history of her working at Woo's. Chunsung ran his fingers through his hair irritated and whined

"How are you so calm Mimi???"

"Just think happy thoughts Chunsung, you know faith, luck, pixie dust and all that jazz"

she replied non-chalantly but on the inside she was literally tearing her hair out. After a second of breathing she made her way to the newly arrived customer.

"Welcome to Woo's, sorry for the wait, what can I..........what are you doing here?"

her tone was a bit more sarcastic and irritated then she intended and as hard as she tried she couldn't stop a small happy grin form on her face.

"I told you I'd see you sooner than you think~"

Jackson winked at her and as cranky as she was her heart still skipped a beat. Focus Miyu! She coughed

"Pabo I'm really busy if you're here just to bother me......."

"The world doesn't revolve around you Mimi~ I'm obviously here cause I wanted to see that hot waiter Chunsung and get some good food"

he said in a sarcastic tone and she had to stiffle her giggle. Stupid Pabo.

"I've been calling you"
"I left my phone at home"
"You look like hell"
"Thanks, will that be all?"
"Yeah, are you okay?"
"Never better"

She huffed and started walking towards the kitchen.

"Oh waitresssssss~"

Miyu mentally punched herself in the face as the group of girls called her over.

"How can I help you?"

They smirked at her as they crossed their hands under their chin.

"The hot guy that just walked in. I'd like to order him a drink and when you deliver it be a doll and tell him it's from me, thanks hun"

Their was a slight pain in her heart. The heck was that? If the pretty girl wants to get to know Jackson what's the problem. Why does she feel upset?

"Sure thing.....hun"

The girls winked at her as she walked by carrying a tray of food for delivery including the ladies requested drink. Jackson smiled at her happily as she set down his ramen and water and slightly slammed the girl's drink on the table.

"Easy tiger. What's that?"
"The lovely barbie over there has bought you a drink"

He leaned over to look at the girl waving at him and Miyu tapped her foot impatiently as her temperature began to rise.

"If that'll be all, please enjoy your food"

She bowed stiffly about to leave when Jackson grabbed her by the wrist.

"Mimi, why don't you relax a bit?"

She shook her hand free without a word. He then grinned stupidly at her

"You know I'm really tired of seeing your face here"

"Oh really now?"
"Yup! I'd rather see it somewhere else~"
"Like where?"
"Out on a date with me!"

He was beaming at her but she was too cranky to function. How could he be all smiley and jokey on such a day like this.

"Whatever."

She grabbed her tray and the dishes some customers had left behind and made her way to the kitchen

"Mimi wait!"

As she was walking something had kicked her in the shin and she crashed to the ground. The bowls and glasses she had been carrying shattered as the tray rolled across the floor and a shard had cut her palm clean open. Her glasses had flown off her face and broke in half as it laid in a puddle of shards from her lenses.

"Whoops Ms.Waitress you should be more careful! The floor is sooooo slippery~"

Barbie and her lackies were laughing at her. What a witch. Chunsung and Gramps ran out the kitchen at the sound of the crash as her regular customers started pointing fingers at the group of girls. They giggled innocently

"We didn't do anything~"

Miyu's eyes burned and her heart was racing like mad. She could see Jackson run up to her and before he could help her up she pushed herself up, hissing alittle at the pressure being applied on her open wound.

As she got to her legs she wobbled a little. Her knees hurt. Jackson grabbed onto her arm and she pulled it away

"I'm fine....I'm fine"

She closed her eyes and faced the group of girls. She took a deep breath and looked at them

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave"

The girls stared her down as well and smiled

"But we......."

Miyu crossed her arms and lowered her voice

"I'm not going to ask you again. Leave."

There was a silence and the girls got up

"Fine, we were finished anyway" and before they left out the door Chunsung had growled

"And don't come back" and a fuming Gramps added

"Ever. I don't want to see your faces walk through that door again."

The restaurant was going back to normal as the adrenaline was still pumping through her veins. Her hand was pulsing as it stained her blouse red and her vision blurred from the lack of glasses on her face. Chunsung had started picking up the shards of glass

"I'll take care of that you get back into the kitchen"

Gramps shook his head

"Mimi I can't let you do that. You should go to the hospital."

"But I'm fine it's just a little scratch"
"Mimi you're palms busted open don't even play like that!"

"I'll take her" s

he turned around completely forgetting Jackson was there. He looked at her with fear and concern and all she wanted to do was wrap her arms around him again and have him tell her everything would be okay. No. That's not you Miyu.

Her cheeks started to burn but not from embarassment but from inner rage. She had humiliated herself in front of him and at the moment all she wanted to do was bawl up in a corner and cry. She couldn't let him see that side of her. She wouldn't be able to live with herself.

"No you should finish your food then get ready for your next schedule."
"Screw my schedule I'm taking you to the hospital!"
"No way"
"Stop being so friggin stubborn!"
"If you're not going to eat then leave"
"What?"

It hurt her to say this as she watched pain grow in his eyes. It was the only way to protect herself and protect him.

"Leave Jackson. I can't deal with you and I think you should go."

But I don't want you to leave me. She looked away from his face, afraid that if she kept looking at him she'd take her words back. He walked passed her without a word but she heard him thank Chunsung and Gramps for the food and the bell had solemnly rung as he left.

Gramps put her coat over her shoulders

"Mimi......"

She shook her head and smiled

"Don't"

Chunsung was about to grab his coat when she stopped him and headed for the door

"Stay. I'll just take the bus"

He knew there was no arguing with her so he nodded.

"Say hi to Auntie Cha for me will ya"

Miyu swung her dangling legs as she sat on the bed in the bright emergency room. All the employees who knew her greeted her concernly and said they'd call the doctor immediately. She sighed heavily. The bus ride was terrible.

She felt super guilty and regretted every word she had said to Jackson and just her luck, she didn't have her phone to call to apologize. Not like he'd talk to her after what she did. Why would he?

The curtain opened and in walked a familiar beautiful doctor with her hair up and a sad smile on her face

"Hi Sweetheart"

"Hi Mommy, how's your day going? Mine has just been the best~"

her mother chuckled as she closed the curtain behind her.

Miyu laid her head bored in her good hand as her mother diligently sewed her wound shut. It hurt. It hurt alot. But like always she didn't say anything.

"I bet you bawled like a baby when this happened huh"

her mom's sarcastic tone was very similar to hers and she chuckled

"Definitely, the han river was coming out of my eyes"

"Mimi"
"Hmmmmmm"
"Chunsung called and told me what happened"
"I already told you what happened"
"Why did you send that boy away? He sounded like a sweet heart what was his name again? Jackson?"

Her heart hurt when she said his name. She'd yell at Chungsung later for bringing it up with her mom. She couldn't bring herself to say anything else and stayed silent.

"I'll assume this is the guy you brought up when you were talking to Ami too right?"

Curse you Ami, you traitor. She smiled a motherly smile as she applied disinfectant to the stitches and Miyu winced in pain.

"It's okay to say "Ow" honey. It's okay to admit it hurts.....it's okay to cry and let others see you cry.....it's okay to let people in"

Miyu felt her eyes burn from unshed tears at her mother's sincere words. She wanted to, she wanted to cry but she couldn't. She blinked the tears away and looked at her mother.

"It doesn't hurt mom"

Her mother finished wrapping up her hand and started to clean the scrapes on her knees.

"You should call the young man back and apologize." She sighed, yeah she really should.

"What if he doesn't want to talk to me?"

"Why would you think that?"

Miyu chuckled half heartedly

"I think I accidently rejected his date invite and on top of that I kicked him out into the cold....."

Her mother's face brightened

"A date?? Why would you say no??" Miyu chuckled.

Mom didn't know Jackson like she did. She thought he was joking at first just trying to lighten her mood but later she realized she knew Jackson. She should've seen the determination in his eyes.

Miyu shrugged her shoulders

"I'm scared"

Her mother pulled her pant legs down over her bandaged knees and smiled

"Love is scary honey. I know what you're thinking. You don't want to accept the fact that this guy likes you so you keep lying to yourself saying he doesn't"

Why do mom's know everything?

She kissed her forehead

"No one's going to hurt you again Mimi. You don't need to live in fear anymore and be so defensive."

Her mom wiggled her arms

"Loosen up honeeeeyyyy" Miyu laughed. The first genuine laugh all day and she groaned when she accidently smacked her bandaged hand against her head.

"I'll take you home during my break. You don't have your glasses on and I don't want you getting on the wrong bus and end up in Guam or something"

The car ride home was filled with cheesy stories of dates her and dad used to go on. Honestly Mom was more excited about the date then she was. If there would still be a date.

After a well needed hot shower while sporting a blue plastic bag on her hand she opened her bathroom cabinet and sighed. She had those glasses forever and she never needed a spare. She took her contacts case out and placed them on the sink and closed the door. These'll have to do for now until she can get a new pair.

She was just home but she was feeling pretty crappy and she didn't want to look the way she felt. She blow dried and straightened her hair and put it up in a pretty updo.

She applied light make up since she didn't have to make it stand behind her frames and she was wearing a black sports bra under her sheer white sweater and jean shorts and she struggled a bit to put on her bear tights but she managed.

She waved at her reflection with her bandaged hand. People always said she looked prettier without her glasses. That's why she kept her glasses on at all times. To keep people from paying attention to her.

She grabbed her phone and her heart sank. Before she had yelled at him Jackson called multiple times and sent multiple texts.

Jackson: Mimi I'm done with my morning schedule and ready to bother you :D"
Jackson: Where'd you go are you busy? D:"
Jackson: Make sure you have an umbrella or else you'll catch a cold!"
Jackson: Why are you ignoring me did I do something ;w;"
Jackson: MIIIIIIIIIIIIIMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WHEEEEEEEREEE AREEE YOUUUUUUUUUU DONTT IGGNOORREE MEEEE!!! <3"

Since this morning he hasn't called again not even a text. She replied to Eunji, Haruka and Chunsung's worried messages and reassured them she was fine and then she spotted a text that caught her eye.

Jaebeommie: Mimi I probably shouldn't tell you this but Jackson's totally giddy because he's planning to ask you out on a real date. We all know how much of an idiot he is so he'll probably blow it but don't be too harsh on him kay at least he's trying lol

She squeezed her phone "He's trying......"

Jackson really was trying. She was the one who hasn't been trying and it wasn't fair to him. She swallowed her pride and with a new found determintation hit Jackson's number on her speed dial list. It rung a few times and went straight to voice mail. She sighed.

"No, keep trying Miyu" she called 3 more times but nothing.

She walked over to her front door and leaned against it as today's tears were trying to force their way out of her eyes. Come on Jackson I need you. You said you'd be here quick when I needed you. She called one more time.

Don’t try to hide it
Cuz your heart speaks loud
Even if you don’t say it
I can hear it
No words can change my heart
When I’m right here with you


Hmmm? She looked around. She heard her favorite GOT7's "Like Oh" playing but she didn't know where it was coming from. The song got louder and louder when realization struck her. She turned around with her phone still her to her ear and opened her front door.

I try to hold it in, I try to wait
But my heart won’t listen
My everything only looks at you and shouts without stopping
telling me I’m ready to go


Jackson was standing there panting heavily with his phone to his ear. Beads of rain dripped down his face and his damp hair glistened. He was still sporting Got7 attire and was holding a plastic bag in his hand. His serious eyes searched hers then he hit the accept button on his phone and smiled

"Hi Miyu, I'm glad you called"

Her heart was racing from different emotions and she smiled and nodded her head

"Hi Jackson, I missed you today"

He beamed at her as she wordlessly mouth "I'm so sorry" and he mouthed back "Me too"

The gentleman brought over pizza and cheesecake, her favorite, since she was now handicapped and couldn't cook and they ate happily on the living room floor while watching Nick cartoons. No one brought up what had happened in the restaurant.

She felt Jackson gazing at her as she held her pizza to .

"What?" she mumbled. He shook his hair and coughed

"Nothing, you just, look different without your glasses. It's a good different!"

She struggled trying to eat her slice of cheesecake. Without the use of her dominant hand she was struggling to hold the fork in her other hand and bring it to . It had been the third time that piece of cheesecake had fallen off her fork and it was starting to piss her off.

"Okay I can't watch this torture anymore!"

Jackson laughed and grabbed her plate and fork and sat facing her. He stabbed the piece of cheesecake with the fork, TAKE THAT!, and he held it up to . "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh~"

There was no hesitation this time. She did as she was told and happily let him feed her. He smiled at her

"Good?" and she hummed back happily.

He held out another peace and held it out to her and before she could bring to it he popped into his mouth and smiled at her.

"Pabo!" He grinned

"You know "Pabo" backwards is "Oppa"!"

She pouted slightly.

"Oh god please don't tell me you're actually thinking about it!"
"Actually I'm thinking whether I should kick you out or not"

He whined and started rolling around the floor

"NOOOO!!! Don't kick me out again!! Twice in one day is not cool!!"

Her heart pained with guilt. She wouldn't do that. Not again.

"Jackson" he stopped rolling and sat up straight at the sound of his name. She took a deep breath and smiled

"Ask me again"

He looked at her puzzled as her cheeks began to burn.

"Ask you again?"
"Ask me again."
"Ask you what?"
"What you asked me at the restaurant"
"Can I get three slices of cheese on my ramen?"

She kicked him and he laughed

"Hey be careful with your knees weirdo."

He then crossed his hands under his chin and eyed her as he bit his lip.

"Ask you what Miyu, I don't know what you're talking about~"

She laughed and stood up and started to sing

"It's not working~ So stop fronting~ I know you want me, let's start talking~"

Jackson bursted out into laughter and got up and started dancing with her. After a while he started dancing the "I like you" dance and she was giggling as he shimmied his shoulders.

They fell onto the couch to catch their breath. Suddenly she felt something tug on her hand. She looked down and saw Jackson's pinky tap hers and she locked her pinky with his and smiled at him.

"Miyu"
"Yes Jackson?"
"I'd be honored if you'd go out with me. You know like a date"
"I dunno.....I'll have to think about it..."
"MIMI!!!!"

She laughed

"Yes Jackson, I would love to go out on a date with you!"

He got up and flipped in the middle of her living room as he yelled in triumph. Maybe today wasn't soooo bad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author Note: Happy author-nim is happy writing this (>'w')>♥ If you feel like it I wrote a little one shot with our Dimsum Mark and it's a choose your ending if you want to read it :3 Now off to the JPOV~