Hello?! That's My English Teacher!

The Teacher-Student Marriage

"Here you go miss." 

A waiter shoved your chair back so you could take place across your parents. Just as normal there was no greeting hug or anything like that. You weren't a family who needed all that cheesiness. 

Your dad gave you his well known smile before checking his phone one last time, realizing he wouldn't be able to use it for at least one hour. Your mom put away het laptop and placed her bag next to the leg of her chair before looking you in the eye. 

"Heeri, darling, thank you so much for coming today." 

She had to do lots of effort not to speak to formal to her own daughter but she was failing. You still felt like you were one of her customers. 

"No problem." 

Was your only short reply. You all knew well enough that you weren't here because you wanted to but because you had to. 

"How's school?" 

Your dad asked as he cleaned his fork with his napkin. 

"It's okay." 

You weren't really someone who told long stories about your school life and everything that happened to you and about the guys you liked. You had that from your mother, she also never did that. 

"And your friends, how are they?" 

You weren't surprised they didn't remember their names. At least they still knew you had some friends and you weren't a loner. They had only met your friends once and that was already a few years ago so they wouldn't recognise them anymore or anything. 

"Their good, only James his shirt was pink because of a laundry mistake. It was the fault of his room mate, or that was what he said." 

Your parents laughed even though you had said in in a very serious tone and actually hadn't meant it as a joke at all. 

"You see honey, this is why we have a maid." 

You rolled your eyes at her spoiled comment and suddenly you were really happy that you didn't have a maid, even though you could effort it with all the money your parents gave you every month. But you were fine with doing it yourself and Elena also helped so it wasn't that hard at all, it were only men who could screw these kind of things up, and your mother of course. 

"So Heeri-ah, we have a very important reason for you to be here today."

Now it was about to get interesting. You had been wondering about what that reason was the whole day yesterday and now they were finally going to tell you. You leaned your chin in the palm of your hand so it looked like you were excited about all of this. 

"Your mother and I have been looking for a husband for you since a while ago and be are overjoyed that we can now finally tell you we found the perfect man for you." 

Your jaw dropped as your mind tried to proceed what your ears had heard. You couldn't remember that they had ever informed you about that before. This was not how you wanted to find your prince charming and as long as your name was Kim Heeri that wasn't going to happen this way neither. 

"I don't want to marry someone you picked out for me dad. I want to be with the person who I truly love." 

You saw how your dad arched his eyebrow and you already knew that there wasn't a big chance you would still get out of this. 

"And is there someone you love?" He asked and you mentally slappen yourself. 

"No, not at the moment, but..." 

Your mom interrupted you before you had the chance to continue. She wanted her plan to succeed just as much as your dad and she wasn't going to give up easily. She would even take this much further than your father. 

"Well we are sure that you will love the guy we picked out for you adventually. We already invited him, let's call him over." 

This was unbelievable. You couldn't believe how your parents coud possibly be this selfish. What about what you wanted? Wasn't that important anymore? They only thought about what was the best for themselves. You were only 18 and you didn't feel ready to get married and surely not to a guy you didn't even know. 

As you were mocking about the whole news the guy who was into this with you was walking towards your table. You lifted your gaze when you decided you at least wanted to know who he was and what he looked like. But when you recognized him your eyes went wide and you saw at his face that he was just as shocked as you were. 

"Heeri-ah?" 

His voice cracked as he said your name and you saw in his eyes that he just wanted to run away right now. Great, you two could go together than. 

"Do you two already know each other? Gosh, we're so good honey." 

You ignored your mom and kept your eyes on the man in front of you. 

"Sonsaengnim?" 

Your parents remained silent as they heard the title you gave him. You then eyes them before pointing your finger to your teacher. 

"My English teacher?! Are you kidding me? Is this even allowed, this isn't even illegal!" 

This time it was the turn of your parents to ignore you instead. Your little outburst was completely shoved aside and they tried to pretend normal so not so many people would stare at you again. You blushed as you noticed that all the eyes in the restaurant were pointing on you. 

"Please take a seat Baekhyun-shi. We must apologize for our daughter she is still a little bit shocked about the news." 

And that was a soft way to express it. You weren't just shocked but also furious. Everyone was smart enough to know that it was forbidden for a teacher to have a relationship with a student and aslo the other way around. And then it surely was even more wrong to marry each other.

How could it be that your parents stayed this cool about this now that they had all this kind of information? Would they really make you marry him and would he still want to marry you now he knew you were his student? He was your last hope now. 

"So Baekhyun-shi, we don't think this will form a serious problem, do you?" 

Baekhyun's lips formed a little circle as he thought about what to anwser. You were sure he shared the same opinion as you, but you also knew he was too scared tell your parents his true thoughts. Your mom didn't even wait for his anwser as she popped out a huge smile. 

"As long as you both keep it a secret and don't tell it to anyone everything will turn out just fine. There is nothing you two should still worry about. We already took care of everything." 

You shook your head, wanting to attack again. You wanted to tell them how much you were against this and that this was the most stupid idea ever but this time it was your father who had something to say. 

"And of course you two won't get married tomorrow. No, we want to make sure we made the right decision to chose Baekhyun as your future husband. So we'll first give the two of you some time to get used to each other before we let you get married." 

This time you kept your mouth closed, knowing that everything you'd say would be ignored anyway. And your teacher also wasn't being really helpful right now. He was still in shock now he knew it was you and he was a smart guy, he knew nothing good would happen to him of he tried to work himself out of this. But still you would have appreciated his support. 

"We're going to give one of them to Baekhyun-shi and one to you Heeri-ah. It's important you both have a key so you can both get in and out when needed. Baekhyun-shi, I want you to know that from this day forward you are responsible for my daughter and if I ever see her cry, that will be the last day you'll live." 

Your dad searched for something in the pocket of his blazer and then handed the both of you a matching key. The only thing you could do was wondering about what it was. 

"It's the key of your newest apartment you'll share together. You two will both move in there as fast as it possibly can and will live there together until you get married and then we'll buy you a bigger place. It's not that big but it is enough for the two of you. Here you two can spend just as much time together as you want without getting troubled by anyone."

His explanation sounded logical but still your brain was working on overdrive. How long did they even know about this already? You felt like they had betrayed you, like your whole life was one big lie. Had you ever meant anything to your parents? The truth was that you didn't know how to anwser those questions. 

"But I live with Elena!" 

"Just tell her that we told you that you should live with us again. You can't tell her the truth anyways and if she's your friend she'll understand." 

You scoffed and raised from your chair, now so angry that you couldn't stay here one minute longer. 

"I hate you." 

That was the last thing you said before you ran away from the table with tears in your eyes. Leaving the poor Baekhyun behind with your horrible parents.