The Unexpected Call

The Teacher-Student Marriage

"Heeri!!" 

Someone screamed your name loud and you didn't had to think long about who it could be. 

"Get your lazy out of bed. We have to leave or we'll be late." She continued and you growled in response. 

That voice belonged to no other than your house mate and best friend Elena. Her voice was loud enough to wake a whole army, but it was still better than an alarm clock. 

You actually didn't want to wake up just yet. Your mattress was perfectly shaped to your body and the covers were lying amazingly good. But you knew that if you wouldn't wake up that what Elena had said would become reality and you would get late, and that wouldn't be the first time.

You groaned and kicked with your legs so the covers were all over the place and off your body. You shivered as the cold air hit your skin which was revealed. It was winter, but you didn't like wearing thick pyjamas.

After some time you finally found the energy to drag yourself out of bed to the bathroom so you could get ready. 

When you saw your reflection in the mirror your eyes widened as if you had seen a monster. There were some red sleeping spots on your arms and your make-up less face was looking a little pale. You weren't used to see your hair all stitchy and pointing into different directions. 

You sighed deeply and thought of where you had to begin. At the first sight it seemed like it would take an eternity to fix yourself, but you had to be happy with the 5 minutes you got. 

You quickly rushed the brush through your hair and brushed your teeth. You thanked god for the fact you weren't having a bad hair day. You applied some mascara and lipgloss before sprinting back out of the room and walking to your desk. 

You put some books into your bag and hoped that at least one of them would be useful. Then you took your phone from your nightstand and your scarf from your chair. 

When you got downstairs Elena was already waiting for you. She was sitting on the kitchen table and you pulled a face as you remembered you had to eat on that table.

"Are you finally ready? If we get late again it's your fault." She complained. 

Your eyes narrowed to give your anwser a little more power. 

"Just like it was your fault the last time, and the time before that, and the time before that..." 

You still wanted to continue but she understood and interrupted you before you could. 

"Fine, let's call it even." 

She grinned and you rolled your eyes but decided not to fight back anymore, it had no use anyway. 

"Let's go now." 

You tightened your big scarf around your neck in the hope it would make you feel a little warmer and then opened the front door. 

The cold air hit your face and you automatically shuddered. The change of temperature was huge from inside to outside and it cost your body some time to adjust itself. 

Luckily there was no snow. You were pretty clumsy so if there would have been snow you would have kissed the ground for many times already. Many people complained that there was no snow and Elena was one of them. She found those white little flakes amazing although you thought of them as nothing special. 

You walked to school since you lived so close, it would be a shame if you would use a car. Elena cared a lot about the world and about nature and animals so poisoning the world without a good reason wasn't happening when she was around. 

During the way you two talked about the homework you two had supposed to do but hadn't finished and about guys you were interested in. You knew that Elena was in love with your best friend James, even though she didn't admit it. 

That was with what you kept yourselves busy with, gossiping and laughing, the two things girls seriously had to be able to do as best friends. 

You and Elena were total opposites of each other, that's why you never fought. Yes, you two did have some discussions from time to time because you two never shared the same opinion, but it stopped there most of the times. That was the reason why you and Elena were already best friends for such a long time. 

You reached the school building and showed your passes to the man who was standing in front of the gates. 

You went to a school where it was not so easy for just anyone to get in, and espacially not for people who didn't study here. Everyone who went to this school had a special pass which you had to show before you could enter. Without pass there was no way you would get in. 

Why was your school this well protected? Because it was a school where only rich people went to. 

Of course, you weren't rich, but your parents were. You only saw them a few times a year and otherwise you stayed in contact over the phone, by calling from time to time, but not to often. 

Your parents were both really busy people so they didn't have much time for you. This made that you and your parents weren't that close, you never really talked to each other. 

Every month they would sent you an amount of money and if you needed more you just had to ask. As long as you didn't ask for their attention or time you could get anything you wanted. 

Your friends called you a spoiled child, but you thought differently about that. How could a girl who grew up without some love of her parents be spoiled? You would rather have had their love than their stupid money, because as they said, 'Money can't buy you happiness'. And that statement was totally true. 

When you two entered the building you saw that your friend James was already waiting for you at your locker. His guitar was standing at his feet, what didn't surprise you at all. James was more than 100 procent convinced that later on he would become the world's most talented singer. So that's why he took his guitar with him everywhere. Those two were inseparable. 

You and Elena grinned at each other, thinking the same thing as you neared him. 

"Nice shirt dude." 

Elena grinned and James sniffed as he moved aside so you could open your locker. 

"Don't blame me! This is all Damon's fault. He threw his pink shirt between my white laundry, and now, all my clothes are like this." 

He pointed to his ugly pink colored shirt and you both laughed. 

"Yeah, you two have your fun." 

Elena rolled her eyes at his uncool reaction and you just shrugged before hiding your head into your locker again. 

While your two friends made a little talk together you heard a vibrating sound, a very familiar one. Just in time you figured out what it was and you dropped everything before turning around quickly and searching for your phone in the small pockets of your skinny jeans. 

Your friends looked at you as if you had lost your mind and you were aware of the fact that you looked like an idiot. But you had to find your damn phone and the pockets of your jeans were really small, so it was hard to get your fingers into it. 

Eventually you found what you had been looking for and you looked at the screen to see who was calling you during school. When you saw the ID you suddenly weren't that surprised anymore and even though you wanted to ignore it, you knew you couldn't. 

You sighed deeply before you cleared your throat and pressed the green button. 

"Mom!" 

You faked a much too happy voice which made the eyes of your friends widen, but you ignored them.

"Heeri-ah, honey how are you?" 

She didn't sound like she had much time so you decided to tell her what she wanted to hear. 

"Good!"

And that was all she needed to know for now.

"Heeri-ah, make sure you're free tomorrow. We're gonna have lunch together since your father and I have got something really important to tell you."

"But I have to go to school tomorrow."

You reminded her and a male voice was heard in the background. You didn't recognize the voice and you also coudln't hear what it said but suddenly your mom sounded like she was in a hurry. 

"Just take the day off, I'm sure you won't mind. Mommy has to go now, big kiss, bye."

Before you could anwser she hung up and you sighed and removed the phone from your ear. Your lips formed a straight line as you pushed your phone back into your pocket and slammed with the door of your locker. 

"Bad news again?" James asked as he saw your not so happy face. 

"She wants me to skip school so we can lunch tomorrow because apparently they have something important to tell me." 

Elena pursed her lips as you began to walk towards your first class. 

"I wonder what's that important?" 

You grimmassed at her thought. She didn't mean it wrong but it still hurt to hear someone else day it. 'What would be so imortant that they would make time to lunch with you?' 

"Me too." You muttered. 

Then you entered the room and closed the door behind your back.