Let's Get This Party Started

The Teacher-Student Marriage

‘Well, at least my face is no longer swollen…’

That was what you thought in yourself as you looked into the mirror and put a strand of hair back which had fallen out of its place. Yuri had been right, this look made you look incredibly y even if you said it yourself, you looked better than you thought that you would and you were happy with the result. It was a good thing that it had turned out well since you had put lots of time in your looks this time, but now you were finally ready. You were wearing your red dress, had curled your hair and were wearing darker eye make up to make them look dark and hot.

There was only one thing you could think of while looking at yourself and that was about what Baekhyun would think if he would see you like this. You knew how wrong it was, you had broken up two days ago and still he was the only person you were trying to impress. Actually you shouldn’t be even thinking about him anymore and he should no longer be in your mind, but you couldn’t forget him. Your body longed to him and you missed him so much, today would be the first time you’d see him again after that horrible day.

Since he had informed you about your break you hadn’t been to school again since you hadn’t had the strength to see him and to pretend as if everything was fine, because you weren’t fine at all. This was the moment that you had realized how much you had loved him and now you were getting punished for that because now it was wrong to love him and you couldn’t love him anymore. Why did it all have to go like this?

The only thing you had wanted to do was to protect him and to keep him with you. Maybe you should have trusted him more and you should have just let him do what he thought that was right. Maybe he had been right, maybe the problem in this relationship was that you couldn’t let go of the past and you had to move on if you wanted to start something new, but you didn’t want to realize that it was your fault that this was all over.

What was the past was the past, he was right in that but he had forgotten one very important thing and that was that Hana wasn’t a part of the past. She was still here and she was still trying to make your life miserable, how could you move on and forget about her if she was still around? What you hated the most was that she had won again, she had succeeded and she had come in between you and Baekhyun and had ruined one of your relationships again. But today you weren’t going to show her that, you weren’t going to let that girl ruin your evening and your last school prom.

When the bell rang you walked out of the bathroom and grabbed your black, with diamonds covered clutch that was lying on top of the kitchen table. You had thought about everything, even earrings and bracelets and it really made your outfit completed everything seemed to fit with another. While checking if everything was inside of your bag you walked to the front door and stopped in front of it.

Deep inside you hoped that it wasn’t Jongdae that was standing in front of the door and that you would see Baekhyun if you’d open it. That he would tell you that he was sorry and that he wanted you back, that he had never meant to break up with you. But as you looked at the clock you could see that it was seven o’clock and that was the exact hour Jongdae had promised to pick you up. There wouldn’t be a chance that Baekhyun would come here at this hour, he was probably picking up miss Kim…

With a disappointed sigh you grabbed the handle of the door and gave yourself a pep talk. At least Jongdae was here for you tonight and you were sure that you would have a good time with him, after all he was your friend and he would take great care of you. He wanted to be with you tonight and his happy bubbly energy would probably make you feel much better, you had made the right choice to say yes to him after all. You opened the door and smiled to him and saw that he was wearing a black suit with a red tie, just like you had asked him.

“W-waaw, Heeri-ah… You really look amazing.” He stuttered and blushed slightly.

“Ahhw, thanks Jongdae. You look very good too.”

You didn’t waste any more time and grabbed his arm as he reached it out to you. It was weird to link arms with another man than Baekhyun, especially this shortly after your break up, but it didn’t feel that bad. It felt as if you had a support, someone who would make sure that you wouldn’t fall and who would take care of you, it was a very nice feeling. He led you to the car and waited until you had stepped in so he could close the door behind you and then walked around the car to his seat, like a real gentleman.

A smile came onto your face as you looked out of the window, trying not to stare at Jongdae and make him have wrong thoughts. He would probably treat you like a princess tonight, because after all he liked you and which boy wouldn’t do that for the girl he liked? It felt good to know that tonight you would be treated like you deserved and that you would have a nice time, because that was exactly what you needed right now.

“What are you smiling about?” He asked and you shook your head.

“About nothing, I’m just…Happy… Thank you Jongdae, for taking me out tonight. I really needed a night without worries and without drama.”

He nodded with a smile on his face, happy because you had given him a complement and because you were happy to be with him tonight. He started the engine and drove off, the way wasn’t that long but you wouldn’t even think about walking there with these kind of shoes on, you would probably break something. Because Jongdae didn’t seem to be in the talking mood neither tonight it made you feel at ease and some thoughts slipped into your mind.

Baekhyun was going to be at the prom to, and he was also going to be there with someone else. You would be there with Jongdae, who had a crush on you. And he would be there with miss Kim, who was in love with him. It was going to be so hard for you to see them dance together and have fun, smiling and laughing with each other and together. Would he even still be thinking about you? Would you have crossed his mind as he had picked her up and have wondered how it would have been if it had been you?

Would he be just as happy that he was her date after knowing that it could have been you and that you were also going to be there with another guy? Would he realize tonight that you were looking different, that you had tried to look pretty for him? Would he see that you missed him and that you still loved him and that you hated the fact that he was holding someone else’s hand because it should have been you? Would he miss you just as much and want to kill Jongdae for asking you to dance with him as the next song came up?

All those thoughts made you feel depressed because they made you realize that it was actually all over. If you had still been a couple and hadn’t broken up than you would be worrying about all of those things at this moment. Because then you wouldn’t have given a that he was there with someone else because you knew that he was still yours and he still loved you, but now you didn’t know that for sure anymore and it killed you.

It was almost as if nothing in your life could ever go right and you were doomed to mess everything up at the end. You felt as if you were a failure, who couldn’t make her parents happy, who couldn’t get good grades and who couldn’t keep her boyfriends. What had you ever done so wrong in your life to deserve things like these, that nothing could just work out for once? Were you such a bad person? For as far as you could think back you had never done something very horrible.

 “We’re here! Are you ready to go Heeri-ah?”

With a small gasp you swung your head to the sight to see Jongdae staring at you with a little worry in his eyes. By thinking so much you had completely forgotten about him being here and he had definitely surprised you by beginning to talk to you like that out of nowhere. Before he would ask anything you recovered your facial expression and smiled at him, pretending ad if nothing was wrong and he seemed to believe it because his expression also changed.

“Of course I am! Let’s get this party started!”

He told you to stay seated and got out of the car. You did as you were told and waited for him to come to your side of the car and open the door for you. It was very kind of him and you didn’t have any problem with taking the hand he extended to you so he could help you getting up and then he shut the door and the closed the car. Arm in arm you walked to the entrance of the school building, actually it was the same as every other school day but still it felt different.

It wasn’t because of all the beautiful decorations and the lights that were covering the building or the people that were still standing outside, talking to each other while wearing wonderful dresses and suites. It also wasn’t because you could hear the sound of the music coming from inside and could feel the base go through your body as if it was a part of you. It also wasn’t because of the smell of the food you could smell as you entered the door and the smiling faces the teachers shot you.

Actually you had no idea why this felt so different but it was a nice kind of different. You were at school but you were here to have fun and to do something special, that didn’t happen a lot beside these walls. Today was supposed to become a day that you would never forget again and you would remember for the rest of your life. Of course it could have been better and the situation could have been happier and brighter to you, but you were going to make the best of it.

Together, while stopping a few times to talk a bit with some people you knew on the way, you walked to the door of the gym room where it was said that the prom would actually happen. They had been working on the decoration of the room for the past few weeks and they had worked very hard on it, so you did expect something pretty. Jongdae held the door open for you so that you could step in and you could feel the warm air surround you, there were already many people inside.

And as expected it was very beautiful, there were hundreds of light and the garlands were handing all over the room. On the ceiling they had attached some wonderful chandeliers which shined and lightened the whole room. In the corners there were tables filled with different kind of drinks and food and everyone in the room seemed bright and bubbly. A smile automatically filled your face as you looked around, this was just as you had imagined and had hoped it to look like.

Slowly you let your eyes wander around the room to look for Yuri and when you saw her you wished you hadn’t done that. She was talking with Baekhyun, who didn’t look very happy to be in his company because she was also angry at him for breaking up with you. Baekhyun looked hot as always, his suit fitted him perfectly and his hair was swept to one side which made him look very y. Miss Kim could be very happy to have a date like him, everyone would probably be jealous of her.

“Do you want to go say something to Yuri first? You two are best friends right? I don’t mind to go to her, let’s see how she’s doing.” Jongdae said.

Before you could say something to stop him he had grabbed your hand and he was pulling you into their direction. You couldn’t say that you didn’t want right, he was right Yuri was your best friend and you could impossibly tell him you didn’t want to go because Baekhyun was there. This was the moment you would have to test your acting skills because you would have to act as normal as possible around Baekhyun, your teacher, your ex-boyfriend…

As you stopped in front of them your eyes crossed his for a very short second but as fast as you could you focused them on Yuri, looking at him hurt too much. Baekhyun stared at you while you hugged your friend and began to talk to her, completely ignoring him as much as you could. Automatically he let his eyes take you in and let them slide up and down your body. He couldn’t deny they you looked breath taking and incredibly hot, he had expected you to look good tonight but he hadn’t expected this.

Your dress fitted your body perfectly and showed off all the good things and places. Your hair was falling down your back in waves and your eyes were the iest things he had ever seen. He realized that he was staring at you and loosened his eyes from you, that was when they landed on Jongdae who was also staring at you. He tried to suppress the wave of jealousy that hit him because he knew that he was the one who was walking around with this beautiful girl at his arm and not him.

But of course it all had to be ruined, and there was only one person in this world who could ruin everything. Goose bumps covered your skin as you heard her voice call out to Baekhyun who looked at your face before looking at her, Hana. She grabbed his arm as she blinked her eyes and eyed you. You could see her surprised look, she also hadn’t expect you to look this good but hey, not everyone was as pretty as you right? She shook her head and looked back to Baekhyun with a much too sweet smile.

“Baekhyun-oppa, would you like to dance with me? It’s the school prom right, it should be possible shouldn’t it?”

Pretending as if you weren’t even paying attention at the two of them you leaned closer to Jongdae and started talking to him, who seemed to like the attention you suddenly gave him. You could feel Baekhyun’s eyes stare at you as he said it was okay and went along with her to the dance floor. A shaky breath left your lips and you could feel Yuri wrap her arm around your shoulder, at least she understood how you felt.

“Are you okay Heeri-ah?” Jongdae asked and you nodded slightly.

“I’ll be fine, but would you mind getting me a drink. I don’t care what it is, as long as it has alcohol. It’s time to forget all the misery and to get this night started don’t you think?”