Hold Me

The Teacher-Student Marriage

"I can't believe it's already weekend again, time is passing so fast don't you think?" You asked. 

Baekhyun nodded and shewed on the end of the red pen he was holding in his hand. You pulled a dirty face at him and took it out of his hold what made him look at you with a look that was in between surprised and angry. 

"Don't do that, that's so dirty! If you're hungry, tell me and I'll make you something to eat." 

His eyebrows shut up and you already knew what that meant. You rolled your eyes at him before throwing his pen back onto his papers and walking into the kitchen. You did no longer mind to cook for him, in this way you could learn how to make nice things and you were proud of yourself that you could fo something like that. 

You sorted out all the things you needed and then began your search for an apron. You jumped up when the bell rang and bumped your head into a drawer that you had forgotten to close. You mewled some bad words and heard Baekhyun yell that you had to go open the door. 

You came out of the kitchen and crossed your arms while giving him a glare. You were cooking for him while he was just sitting there, correcting those stupid tests. It wasn't like he could stand up and do it himself, but no, he was too lazy to do that. You shook your head at him and walked to the front door and opened it. 

"Elena? What are you doing here? How did you find out where I live?" 

All the questions ran out of your mouth as you watched your best friend standing in front of you. She didn't look happy at all so you had a feeling that this wasn't going to be such a nice visite. You waited for her to say something but she ignored your questionq and asked her own one in return. 

"Are you going to let me in of what?" 

You were about to move aside for her when you suddenly remembered something really important. Baekhyun was inside, sitting at the kitchen table. She couldn't see him or it would be game over for the two of you. But there was no other option for you then to take a step to the left and watch her walk into your apartment. 

You closed the door and your heart was beating in your chest. With al your might you tried to hear if you could hear her scream or gasp, but none of that ever happened. You locked the door and walked back into the kitchen, where there was no one to be found but Elena. Even the tests that had been spread all over the tabe were gone and there was no sign of anyone sitting there at any time. 

"Didn't you live here with your brother? Where is he?" She sounded suspicios.

"He's out with his girlfriend. You know how he is, he always wants to be alone with her, he doesn't want me to bother him while their hanging out. Now what brings you here this early?" 

"I came here to talk to you, I think there are some things we need to discuss." 

You gapped at her and then nodded, she was right, there were some things you had to talk about and they weren't going to be nice things. You motioned that she could sit down on a chair and you took place across of her, just to create a safe distance in between the two of you, everyone knew Elena could be quite...agressive sometimes. 

"So, what did you want to talk about?" 

You let her take the lead in all of this. If she would tell you what her problem was you could try to explain things to her and try to make things right. You wondered how many things she knew to throw to your head, how bad would she make all of this. You knew that if Elena was angry, that she could make a drama of seriously everything, even the smallest things. 

"Heeri-ah, how can you still ask that? Ever since you've moved out with me you've been avoiding me. Do I have some kind of disease or something? You never talk to me anymore and you even rather go stand with James and the guys than with me. What is wrong with you?!" 

Her voice raised a little and you did your best to stay calm. In these kind of argument it could quickly happen that you would heat up and that you would start yelling, but that wasn't going to help you today. Elena was angry at you and it was partly your own faulth so maybe you had to try not to raise you voice today. 

"I'm not avoiding you Elena, you just think that. Because we don't live together anymore we spend much less time together and since I've been sick I've been so busy with school and everything. It's just a fase, it'll be over before you know it." 

"This 'fase' of yours is already going on for two weeks Heeri, I'm not stupid okay?! Just tell me what's wrong! Stop making your stupid excuses like you always do and spill it out, don't be a coward!" 

"I'm not being a ing coward Elena, you're seeing things that aren't true. I'm not avoiding you, I'm not doing anything of what you're saying! You're making a much to big deal of this, don't be this dramatic!" 

You could feel the fire shining off of her, you had made her really angry right now. You wished you hadn't said that but it was already too late. If she could she would eat you alive right now. 

"You know what? Screw you! I can't believe I've ever been friends with someone like you! If you don't like me anymore, tell me, don't hide it! And you may be happy now because it all doesn't matter anymore at this moment because now I don't like you anymore too! I don't want to be friends with you anymore, goodbye." 

She shoved her chair back and angrily stamped out of the kitchen to the front door. Without any other words she smashed it close and left you with your own misery. You couldn't believe she was gone and that it was all over, after all you had been through together and now she was gone just like that. 

If you had just been brave enough to tell her the truth from the beginning nothing of this would've happened. You just didn't want to tell her that it wasn't her but the people she was hanging out with because deep inside you knew that you couldn't control that. Who were you to say that she couldn't hang out with Hana and Sehun just because you didn't like them, it wasn't in your right. You sighed deeply and dropped your head in your hands. 

"..." You muttered and let the sadness overflow you. 

Slowly the tears dripped out of your eyes, after all you had just lost a person who was extremely important to you. If you would open a box in this house than in every single one of them would be a picture of the two of you together, everywhere there were memories. It wasn't like you and Elena had never fought before but it had never been like this. 

"Why didn't you just tell het the truth?" 

You turned around and saw Baekhyun standing behind you with a mix of emotiones all over his face. Of course he had heard everything that had happened, after all the apartment wasn't that big so his hiding place would have been close. His face told you that he felt sorry for you but also that he didn't understand why you didn't do it, why you didn't told her. You understood, if you were him you wouldn't understand it neither. 

"I don't know, why didn't I tell it? Maybe because I'm stupid." 

Your voice cracked in the middle of your sentence even though you had tried very hard to hold in all the emotions that were running through you at that moment, but you were sure he had already seen them. The tears that were running down your cheeks were already letting him know everything he had to. You were sad, broken, depressive and in one word just feeling awful. 

Then the lights went out and you had to blink your eyes a few times to let them get used to your new enviroment. The only thing that was still making that you could see was the small light on the stand next to the couch and for some reason it made you feel better, now he couldn't see you that well and you didn't seem that weak. 

The chair next to you shoved back and Baekhyun slowly sat down, you weren't the only one who became a little more confident with the lights turned off. You looked up at him with a little pout on your face what made him smile sadly as you before wrapping an arm around your shoulder and pulling you against his side. 

"I'm sorry, I know how close you were with her. If she truly cares about you she'll come back. You're not stupid Heeri-ah, I'm sure you had a good reason not to tell her about everything that happened between you and her new friends."

A sob broke free out of your throat and your eyes overfloded with tears. A sad sigh came over Baekhyun's lips as he pressed your head against his chest and your arm. This felt so nice, being hold while you needed to be hold, it made you feel safe and not alone. You closed your eyes and let go of all the walls you had built around you over the time, you were ready to show Baekhyun how broken you actually were. He didn't say anything anymore, he just held you and that was exactly what you needed, you needed him.