Passed

The Teacher-Student Marriage

The next day you decided that you needed some distraction. You were so tired from thinking all night and being sad and depressed that you had to get out. Sitting home alone and not being able to do something to get your mind off things slowly made you go crazy and it was time for a change. You ran out of your room and ran into Baekhyun while he was frowning above his papers.

Your face followed his movements as you realized he was still correcting tests, just like he had been doing last evening before all the drama had happened. Baekhyun has been there for you all evening, cheering you up and listening to everything that had to get off your chest. He had tried to make you laugh and had assured you that everything would be alright as Elena would realize her mistake. He had been really sweet and eventually you two had ended on the couch together, giggling about some old stories and telling each outher old memories.

It had been an extremely nice ending of the evening for you even though it had begon that bad but that meant that now Baekhyun still had lots of work that was unfinished and he had to do it now. Somewhere you felt a bit guilty for keeping him away from doing his job but you had never asked him to do it, he had suggested himself to keep you company while you needed him to be. You walked over to him and he looked up at you with his cute smile while leaning back into his chair.

"How are you doing today?"

You saw the worry all written over his face even though he tried very hard to hide it and it made your insides boil. Something made you so happy that he cared about you and you never wanted it to stop, as long as he would worry about you your life would be okay. You shrugged and tried to act nonchalant but you knew that he could also watch through your expressions.

"I'm fine, better than yesterday at least. Thanks for the great evening, it helped me a lot that you were there for me. Sorry for the work it caused though, now you're still busy with those stupid tests." 

He shrugged at your apology and a grin suddenly covered his face which let you knew he was up to something. He got out a paper from under his phile and waved it in front of your nose playfully.

"It's okay, especially now I have this extremely important one to correct from a very certain lady who probably will get so happy if her results are as good as she worked for it the last few weeks."

"You better don't fail me Baekhyun..." Your growled, figuring out what he meant.

He shot you an evil smile and highered his eyebrows at you playfully. You stuck out your tongue to him before grabbing your bag and making his expression change to one of question. He crossed his arms over his chest as asking where you were going and you sighed and pretended to be annoyed by the fact he wanted to know that. 

"So how will you spend your sunday?" Baekhyun asked while he was till hovering over his tests.

"I'm going out with James and his friends today, they asked me to come."

Baekhyun looked up at you with a thoughtful expression. He was okay with you hanging out with James but when his friends went along that meant that Jondae was also going to be there and that he did not want. You rolled your eyes at him and took an apple out of the scale of fruit that was standing in the middle of the table.

"Relax okay, Jongdae is just a friend of mine and it's not like I can forbid him to come with us right? Besides, you said that I could still be friends with him, your own words. Jongdae is my friend, and he'll always be just that."

"Well...I wans't worrying about that if you think so...I don't care that you hand around with Jongdae, have fun." He lied.

With a little smile you grabbed your back from the table and slipped on your jacket. Was he truly going to sit here all day, wasting his weekend on correcting tests? This made you realize that whatever you wanted to become it wasn't going to be a teacher. Even after school they will still working until late and they always had to deal with those stupid students, no, that wasn't something for you.

"I'll leave then, I'll be home around seven okay? Bye!"

You didn't wait for a replay and quickly ran out of the door and let it fall close behind you. It was so nice to be out again and to hang out with some friends without having to worry about anything, you had longer for a day like this. You quickly raced to the small cafe where you had told to meet them and were surprised when you saw they were already there.

"Hey Heeri-ah!" James greeted you and pulled your chair back for you so you could sit down.

Everyone looked happy to see you and it made you feel at easy from the first moment. Because you were with people who did want to be with you the incident with Elena shoved to the back of your mind for a while and you were able to have some real fun. You sat down in front of Jongdae who gave you a bright smile that naturaly made you smile back at him.

But then your eyes fell on a girl that was sitting beside Luhan you were a little confused, you were sure you had never seen her before. She shot you a polite smile and you figured out she wasn't a so you didn't hesitate and smiled back at her.

"Oh, so stupid from me! Heeri, this is my girlfriend Yuri." Luhan said.

She looked like a really nice person, it was written all over her face. Her smiles were warm and her eyes were filled with kindness. You understood why she and Luhan had already been in a relationship for such a long time, they were the perfect couple. He had always talked about her so it was nice to finally meet her in person.

"She's going to go to our school from now on so I was hoping you could catch her up since she doesn't know any other people yet. James also told us about the fight you have with Elena...But anyway, you two should get friends."

Next there was an awkward silence because of what he had said. So Elena had already told James about your fight and now it was already spreading, these things went faster than you had expected. A little sigh left your lips and you tried to put it out of your mind once again.

"He's a really sweet guy but sometimes he can say really stupid things." Yuri said and everyone laughed while Luhan seemed surprised.

James said to switch places with Yuri so she could sit next to you and you could have your girly talk together. When she sat down you insteanty felt this calm aura come over you, she was a really cool girl. You began talking to each other and after a while it seemed as if you already knew each other for forever. It was so easy to talk to her and she was really funny.

"It was a hard dissision to come here because I had my own life you understand? But Luhan really wanted me to move in with him and have me closer so we can see each other more often and so I made the decision to take the chance and to throw my life up side down. And now I'm living with Luhan and I'm going to your school and everything and till now it's been working well." She said with a smile.

"Let's hope it stayes like that, it's always different if you move in together and see each other much more. Hopefully it's not going to stress your relationship or you'll get tired of each other."

She nodded and asked you about where you lived. You told her the same thing you said to everyone and that was that you lived with your brother in an apartment. By now you were already used to the lying and you could tell it as if it was the truth. It also didn't feel that bad to lie anymore because it was better than telling the truth.

"Baby, can we go? We still need to step by my parents and we still have to drive for a while." Luhan said and stood up. Yuri pouted and she didn’t look like she wanted to leave just yet, but of course she had to follow her boyfriend and go with him, so she did. She raised from her chair and placed a sweet hand on your shoulder.

“I had fun today, thanks for being this nice to me Heeri-ah. I hope that now that I go to your school that we can become friends.” She said and you nodded convincingly.

“I hope so too because I really liked talking to you. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then, let’s hope you’re in my class.”

She nodded and waved before clasping her hand in Luhan’s and walking away. They were so cute together, you hoped that ine day you would be able to find someone like Luhan, someone who treated his girl right and who showed her lots of respect. It was nice from Yuri that she wanted to spend more time with Luhan and moved here for him. She must have given up a lot for him and that showed how strong their relationship was.

“So babe, tell me how are you doing? I understand if you don’t want to talk about it but Elena seemed really upset yesterday so I assume that you are feeling the same or worse? It seemed like a nig fight and that always scare isn’t it?”

“You two are fighting? I thought you were the best friends forever that were never going to break? Wherever you were, there was Elena and also the other way around, is it really true that you are over?” Kai asked with a worried look.

You thought it was nice that all your friends worried over you like that, but you didn’t want them to. You didn’t want to be a burden to you and make them have even more things to think of. You couldn’t believe Elena had just told them like that without thinking about that, was she that clueless? At this moment you began to irritate yourself about all the small things about her and about everything she did, maybe it had been time to end your friendship.

“Yes, we’re no longer friends, or at least that’s what she said. We’re no longer talking with each other and I think that for now that’s the best because we’d only be screaming at each other and make things worse. We just need some space from each otehr for a while you know, we’re both changing, growing up…Things are getting more complicated.”

You found that your lie sounded quite credible but James saw through it really quickly but he didn’t say something about it. He knew what this was about and be could start talking about it but he also knew that you didn’t want everyone to know about what happened in between you and Hana and Sehun, so he chose to do the right this and to shut up.

It became silent for a minute and you cleared your throat while taking your bag from the chair beside you. Even though you had had a great day, you had to go home. It was later than you had thought and you still had some homework to do for tomorrow, besides, the atmosphere was getting heavy anyways.

“I should go now, still have some things to do. Thanks for having me guys, we should do this more often, I had lots of fun with you all. I’ll see you tomorrow!”

They all gave you a tight hug and Jongdae seemed to hold onto you just a bit longer than the others, or maybe you just fantasised that. It wasn’t like he gave you a special butterfly, head spinning feeling while he held you, he wasn’t the one. You didn’t feel the thing that everyone discribed to be the thing you felt when you found the perfect love, it just wasn’t that and you felt guilty for him.

You waved at everyone before turning to the door and walking out, rubbing into the nice air. It had been stitchy inside of the cafe, like it was hard to breath and that now you were out there was more oxigen for you. With a deep breath you began to make your way to your apartment, trying to empty your mind and trying to pretend like this day out had helped you to get rid of all the bad things that were happening around you, but nothing could let that happen.

When you reached your door you sticked in the key and turned it what made them make a sound that you loved, a sound that said ‘welcome home’. You smashed the door behind you to let Baekhyun know you were back and then placed your shoes in the hallway before going further in. There you found your teacher, sitting on the couch with his arms crossed over his chest and a strict look on his face, it made you feel like you had done something really wrong and he was about to kill you just now.

“What? Don’t look at me like that and just tell me what I did so i can apologize for it.” You mumbled.

Without saying anything more he held out a piece of paper to you and from far you could just recognize what is was. Your inside began to break down as you saw it was your test and you really couldn’t have this with everything else that was going on right now.

“How can that even be possible? I studied so freaking hard for that test and I was sure I did great. I mean…the exercices went well and I even understood what I wrote down. I just can’t believe I messed up again, I will never make it through this year!”

You complained while walking forward and pulled the paper harshly out of his hands, your movements filled with your frustration and sadness. You looked down on your score that had a round circle around it and froze on your spot, not able to make something out of this.

“Congrats! You were the only one of your class who had a maximum score!”

Baekhyun shuckled at your expression and because he had been able to fool you like that. You blinked before it penetrated that you had actually succeeded and squealed out of happiness before hitting Baekhyun hard on the arm and screaming at him for doing this kind of thing to you and scaring you like that. You had a maximum, you could do this .

“We should celebrate this!” Baekhyun said happily.

You nodded and sat down beside him, you were still too much in shock to thinkabout what you wanted as a reward for you hard work. This was the best test you had made this whole year, you were surprised of yourself, you had never thought you would be able to do this kind of thing. Maybe after all you weren’t as stupid as you thought you were and maybe things weren’t all going wrong for you.

“I got it! I’ll take you out shopping tomorrow, after school.”