Finally

The Teacher-Student Marriage

That evening you decide that you’d go home, even after what had happened at school. Jongdae had dropped you off at your apartment and you had no other choice than to go in and if you were there anyway you could better stay. You sighed as you closed the door behind you and kicked off your shoes. At had been a really bad day and now you just wanted to take a bath and go to bed.

You walked into the kitchen and saw Baekhyun sitting at the table. You didn’t look at him as his head shot up and he got up from his chair. He looked surprised, he probably hadn’t expected you to come back home after what had happened but you were tired of staying in your parent’s house all by yourself. It was so big and felt so cold so you would rather be here with a person you hated than being there all alone.

Without giving him a glance you walked past him to the fridge and looked for a bottle of water, it felt as if you were dehydrated. You felt Baekhyun standing behind you but you ignored him as you grabbed your find and closed the door of the fridge. You turned around and almost bumped into his chest what made you frown deeply.

“Heeri-ah, please don’t be like this. I’m really sorry about what I did, I shouldn’t have just concluded something and I should’ve listened to your story first.”

Instead of saying anything you rolled with your eyes and then made a bow around him so you didn’t have to look at him anymore. You didn’t want to deal with him right now, you just wanted him to leave you alone and shut up. Why couldn’t he just understand that?

The atmosphere in the house was extremely cold and unpleasant, but you weren’t going to change something about it. Normally you would’ve find it hard to keep quite like this but today you didn’t seem to have any problems with that. You walked up to the couch and sat down on the edge while reaching out for the controller of the TV but Baekhyun was faster than you and picked it up before you could.

“Byun Baekhyun! Get the hell out of my way and give me that controller!” You yelled and raised up form the sofa.

“No wait! Hear me out first! Please forgive me, I didn’t mean to embarrass you in front of Hana, I swear. I was just acting out of a reflex and instinct and I really didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. It was just…What would she have thought if I would’ve chosen your side?”

“Well, you could have stayed in your silly shop and not have interfered in the whole story in the first place! If you would’ve just stayed hidden then she hadn’t known you were there and she hadn’t thought anything about it at all. It doesn’t matter how you turn it Baekhyun this is your fault.” 

Baekhyun opened it mouth again to speak to you but he was cut off by the ringing of your phone. Without looking who it was you picked it up, happy that this conversation couldn’t continue. But at the end you wished you hadn’t picked it up because the person who had called you wasn’t someone you wanted to talk to now.

“Heeri-ah, let me get something straight for you…” Elena said angrily without greeting you.

Your fingers clenched around your phone, you knew what this was going to be about. Hana had probably told her side of the story to her and had left out everything that could possibly make her look bad. Of course Elena was even more angry at you now, but if she only knew…

“You seriously have to go find yourself a life okay! It doesn’t mean that if you can’t handle the fact that we’re no longer friends that you should go and blame other for that. It’s all your own fault so leave Hana alone!”

Before you had the chance to answer she hung up and you just stood there in awe with your phone against your ear while there was no one to talk to anymore. You just couldn’t move and you felt frozen. Yes, you did think that she would be mad but did she not now you better than this? After all the years you had spent together did she still believe that you would do something like that because you missed her? She should know you would never fall that low.

“Heeri-ah…” Baekhyun mumbled quietly.

Elena had screamed loud enough for him to hear the whole conversation. Actually that wasn’t something you could call a conversation at all, she just screamed at you and that was it. But it didn’t mean that because it was that short that her words didn’t heard you. Suddenly you felt the urge to throw with your phone, just out of nowhere. You brought up your hand and were ready to let go but a strong hand wrapped itself around your wrist and stopped you before you could do something.

“Don’t Heeri! She’s not worth it!” Baekhyun screamed.

He took your phone for you and grabbed your shoulders, trying to hug you so that hopefully you would calm down. But it didn’t mean that because you had gotten into a different situation that you had forgotten the last one. You pushed him away from you before turning around and running to the bedroom, it seemed like the only place that was safe right now.

As soon as you were inside you locked the door and leaned against it. You knew he would follow you, you knew he would beg you to let him in, but you weren’t going to give into his pleads. Did he truly think that you were such an easy person? That just a few apologizes would solve anything and you would pretend as if nothing had happened? Well if he thought that than he was death wrong.

Just as you had thought you heard a small knock on the door only a few second after you had gone in. You knew he was standing on the other side, listening with his ear on the door if you were moving or reacting on his knocking, but you weren’t going to give him anything of that. You heard him sigh before he started speaking, he already figured out that it wasn’t going to work.

“Heeri-ah, can you please open the door? I know you’re mad at me but I’m sure we can solve this and get through it.” Baekhyun said while feeling at the door handle but soon noticed that you had locked it.

“Just leave me the hell alone Baekhyun! The only reason I came home today was because I didn’t want to stay in my parent’s house all by myself and if that hadn’t been the case I never would’ve come back. I hate you! I hate you for what you did to me and I hate you for not having any trust in me. Why can’t you just understand that and get away from me?”

Baekhyun stopped knocking and placed his flat palm against the wood. He couldn’t believe that you had actually stayed at your parent’s home yesterday, rather than coming home to him. He knew the relationship in between you and your parents and still you had stayed at their place, you had asked for their help to get away from him, it hurt him that it had become like this. He had never meant to do this, he had never wanted to push you away from him like this.

What could he still do to make it right? He wanted to make it up to you and move on over this, but he knew it wouldn’t be that easy. He could see that he had truly hurt your feelings and there was no way he could make up for that, he could only hope that you would understand that it hadn’t been his intention to do it and that one day you would be able to forgive him. But before he would leave this all behind there was still one thing he had to say…One thing he had to spill out.

“Heeri-ah…” He mumbled, not expecting a reply.

It would’ve been much easier for him to say this if it had all been okay in between you two. Telling this now was only putting you under more pressure but he just had to say it or otherwise he would never find the courage anymore to do it again. Maybe this would solve something between the two of you, maybe this would change something…

“I like you…”

He hadn’t expected anything to happen because he was sure it wouldn’t change a single thing. But you had heard him and because of the shock you reached for the handle and opened the door in one fast pull, revealing Baekhyun who was now standing right in front of you. You looked at him with big eyes, not blinking ones. You couldn’t believe what he had just said.

“What?” You then also asked.

“I said that I like you Heeri, I’m in love with you.”