Betrayed

The Teacher-Student Marriage

You wandered around and saw all the other people around you leaving one by one. School was over and everyone wanted to get home as fast as possible. Maybe they would think you were weird for staying being like that and not leaving, but you had your reasons to. Baekhyun had promised to meet up with you after school at his car, so you were just waiting for him to come, which would probbably only happen if everyone else was gone so no one would catch you.

“Heeri-ah!” You heard from for away.

Your eyes turned into slids as you focussed on the female figure that was walking towards you. Somwhere in the back of your mind you recognized her, but you couldn’t say it for sure. It was only when she came close enough that you recognized Yuri coming up to you with a big smile on her face. You returned her one and watched how she stopped in front of you.

“Hey Yuri-ah, I’ve been looking for you today but I couldn’t find you.”

She nodded and explained that she had been talking with a lot of teachers today to arrange the final things like her books and to get herself some extra classes from all the things she had missed out on. She seemed like someone who really took care of things and she seemed really smart, just like Luhan.

“The guys told me that they’re going to do something after school, do you wanne come too?” She asked but you refused politely.

“I already promised someone else that I would meet up with him so I’m afraid I need to pass for today.”

She suddenly shot you a curious and teasing look which you knew from what it meant even though you pretended like you didn’t catch her hint. You didn’t know Yuri well enough just yet to reveal your sercrets to her. You had no idea how you would ever be able to tell everyone that you had been lying all the time and that you weren’t living with your brother but with your teacher. You were sure Yuri wouldn’t tell anyone and that you could trust her, but you had to be sure.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.” You said as you saw a figure that looked like Baekhyun’s out of the corner of your eye and he couldn’t come out as long as Yuri was there.

But luckily for the both of you she quickly understood and since she had to meet her boyfriend she had to go anyways. You watched her as she walked off and wondered how much time she and Luhan actually spend together, weren’t they ever getting tired of each other? You were still staring at her back when Baekhyun ran up to you.

“Ready to go?” He asked and opened the door of his car in one way, not giving you the time to contradict him.

You rolled your eyes at him before stepping into the car, loving how warm it was inside just because there was no wind. You leaned back in your seat and felt your body relax. Each time you were together you were risking something, Baekhyun who could lose his job and you who could get the reputation of living with your teacher but of course the one who would be off the worst if this would come out was Baekhyun.

“Are you never afraid to get busted? That you will lose everything you’ve worked for for so long and to get a bad reputation? You’re wagering a lot with doing this.” You asked as soon as he stepped into the car.

He looked at you and sighed before sticking in the key and starting the engine. You could see that he was thinking about his answer, that he knew what he had to say but that he was thinking about how to formulate it in a correct way. You waited patiently, playing with your own fingers in your lap.

“I am, I think about that every time I take you out, every time I walk into our apartment or every time I even just make eye contact with you. With every move I am afraid that someone will find this all out and will take everything away from me, while actually I’m not doing anything wrong at this moment…Or yes, actually I am. This, actually we aren’t allowed t have this kind of relationship with each other and to spend free time with each other after class, but still I’m doing it and I don’t know why.”

You stared at him and nodded, you understood what he was trying to say. If this would ever cause a problem you were going to do everything you could to make sure he would not get any blame of this. You didn’t have that much to lose, but he could lose everything he got.

“But that’s not something we should be talking about right now. We’re here to celebrate that you had a maximum on your test so we should be talking about some things that make us happy and not about what could happen if they would ever find out what we’re doing, not that they ever will.”

You nodded and smiled, still unable to believe that you actually scored a maximum at your test, it made all your worries disappear. Baekhyun smiled when he saw your face turn into a happy one before parking his car in front of the shopping centre.

“How long has it been since you have last been here?” He asked and you threw you door open.

“Much too long!”

He chuckled and didn’t really know what to expect about today, would you go crazy after seeing something you liked? Would he be completely out of money after taking you out? He just hoped that you were a responsable shopper and wouldn’t be like his ex, who literally bought everything she saw and then never wore it.

“Are you still coming or should I go by myself?”

Your voice woke him up from his thinking and he quickly walked next to you and together you walked into the centre. It was true, you hadn’t been here since before you had been sick, together with Elena. You smiled bitterly as you thought about her, another memory that was now superfluous. Baekhyun noticed and pushed your arm softly to get you off balance and you glared at him while he just smiled. It felt good that he could be this childish again, not needing to worry about his reputation as a teacher and just hanging out, watching stuff in stores.

But in the back of his mind there was still a little alarm, telling him to be careful and that of he wouldn’t watch out someone would recognize the two of you and make their own story of it. So instead of only looking at the shops he also had his eyes on the people that passed him an that came walking up to you from a little further. Many students liked to go shopping at an evening after school and it wasn’t a crime.

You on the other hand seemed to be carefree and weren’t thinking of any of that. You were just having some fun, having a little break from all the studying and the drama that was going on in your life at the moment. You didn’t even notice that Baekhyun wasn’t really focussing on the same things at you, you just slowly walked and let your eyes fell on all the new items that had come in with the new winter collection. It wasn’t like you always bought everything you already enjoyed yourself by just watching it.

As you were looking to a shop where a beautiful sweater was hanging behind the window you spotted Baekhyun stopping beside you and turned into the other direction. You gave him a strange look before realizing you probably had to do the same so you quickly joined him and turned your back to the rest of the people that came from the opposite direction.

“What the hell are you doing?” You yelled, whispered at him and he gave you a panicked look.

“Right there, Sehun and Hana! They can’t see us together like this, they will get a wrong impression.”

You nodded and told Baekhyun to hide himself somewhere until they were gone. He protested in the beginning, not understanding why you wouldn’t hide but after giving him a stern look he gave in and went inside of a stupid and silly shop where they would never go in.

You sighed deeply and just hoped that they would just walk past you like they didn’t know you, you didn’t want to talk to them at all. Like nothing was wrong you continued your way and just followed the street. When you came closer to them you made sure not to make any eye contact with them and turned your head away from them a little, letting them know that you didn’t made a try to communicate with them.

But of course that would be much too easy and Hana had to notice it was you. She yelled your name what made some other people look at you and made it impossible for you to tell her to leave you alone and just continue walking. You groaned inwardly and half turned to her as if you had heard someone say your name but you hadn’t seen who it was. When your eyes locked your face didn’t look pleasant and you hoped this would be enough to make her go away and she wouldn’t do an effort to actually talk with you, but you were wrong again.

She walked up to you with a bright smile and at the moment you didn’t want to do anything else than wrip it off her face. She looked like your best friend walking up to you after not seeing you for a long time and something told you that she was up to no good. Sehun slowly came up to you with a doubt expession, at least the boy was smarted than her.

You crossed your arm over your chest and stood tall as she reached you. When she threw her arms around her for a hug your eyes widened and you instinctivily pushed her away from you harshly, not thinking twice. You gave her an angry look and wondered if something was wrong with her head.

She didn’t look surprised about the move from your side and you began to become suspicious, she looked as if she had planned all of this and that couldn’t be good, you would always become the bad person in this story. Still she didn’t seem kicked off her feet from your push and just stood there in front of you with that stupid smile of hers.

"It’s been so long since we talked has it not? Wasn’t it since that last time I walked into you and Byun songsaengnim? Well, what does it matter? I heard you and Elena are fighting, I’m so sorry for you. I wonder what caused it?”

You didn’t like the tone in her voice, it was false and it was too high not to be fake. Your eyes turned into small slids as she brought up the two most sensitive topics she could talk about with you right now, she was intentional pushing your vulnerable buttons, trying to find your breaking point.

“Yeah, it’s so sad. Let’s just say that our friendsgip is up for now, maybe we’ll find each other again in the future. But if I’m right than that’s none of your business is it, we have nothing to do with each other anymore.”

“Oh don’t worry, I know that. It’s just that now you’re gone Elena is always hanging around me and it’s kind of annoying. She talks so much and she’s always whining and stuff like that. But at least she has a new best friend now, a better one if you ask me...”

Your blood started to boil in your veins and your hands turned into fists. Who was she to talk about Elena like that, it was her fault that you were fighting in the first place and now she came to tell you that she didn’t even like Elena and brag about the fact that now she was her best friend.

“I’m sure that Elena doesn’t really see it that way, she isn’t someone to commit to another person that fast, it needs some time.” You muttered in between clenched teath.

“Oh but she already asked me to go on a trip with her, to Italy or something? If you ask me she already seems to be forgotten about you completely, seems like you weren’t that important to her in the first place. But you’re used to it right? This isn’t the first time you got replaced after all. Ask your ex boyfriend Sehun here, I bet he can tell you…”

Before she could finish her story you had already planted the palm of your hand to the side of her cheek, making that a loud slap was being heard. Hana gasped from your reaction and reached to her face, her hand covering her skin that was starting to become red and swollen.

“You stupid ! How dare you come up to me and talk to me like that?” You yelled and made all the people around look at you and form a circle around you.

“Heeri-ah! Stop it now!”

Baekhyun appeared from behind Hana, standing beside her and lifting her head to see the damage your hand had caused. That was going to become a big bruise, you than also had put all your anger into that slap. Baekhyun turned his head back to you and gave you an stern look before lashing out on you. He told you that you shouldn’t have done that and that you should be embarrased of yourself. He said that you could be sued for this and that it was extremely stupid of you. It was only when he told you to apologize that he crossed the line.

He was supposed to be on your side, he knew everything she had done to you. He hadn’t even been there when she had told those mean things to you and now because you slapped her he immediately chose her side in all of this. You though you could trust him, you thought you were no longer alone but you had been wrong. Deep inside he was still a teacher and he would always chose for the person that seemed the weakest, and not that seemd to be Hana.

You could see the mean smile that she shot you from behind his back, clinging onto his arm like she would faint any minute from your hit. You blinked away the tears that were coming into your eyes and hid your hurt expression. The last thing you wanted to give her right now was her victory by seeing that she had hurt you.

“ you.” Was the last thing you said before you walked away from the mall, not thinking about staying for one more second.

Baekhyun didn’t follow you, he stayed with Hana. You hadn’t expected anything else from him. How could he have done this to you? You thought that you had told him enough so that he would understand you but now he had proven that you had been wrong. He had himuliated you in front of her, had screamed to you like a little child and had ordered you to apologize to the monster that had done all of this to you, the person who had stolen you boyfriend, who had stolen your best friend and who had stolen your life.

 


A/N : Sorry for the last update guys, I've been so cusy with all my requests lately that I barely have time left to write this story...I tried to give this chapter a twist and I hope you liked it^^ I'll try update faster next time, thank you for sticking up with me and waiting for me! Love you all! <3