I Just Don't Know

The Teacher-Student Marriage

You walked out of the house that morning with mixed feelings. You were so confused and it didn’t make you feel good, something inside of you wasn’t happy with everything that had happened and told you it should have gone differently. Did you make the right decision by telling him that you didn’t like him back, or did you have it wrong?

Since your rejection he hadn’t really spoken to you anymore, you could see he was hurt and that he felt like you had broken through his pride and now it was all gone. You had never leant it to end like this, you really did want to be close with Baekhyun but it seemed as if that wasn’t possible. It was as if the two of you were doomed and you just couldn’t have a normal life together.

But how could you? How could a teacher have a normal life with his student who was much younger and who was in his class? And how could a student have a normal life with her teacher who was much older and taught her everything she knew? You should have known this from the beginning, since the first moment you had seen him on that meal with your parents when they had told you the news. You should have known that it would all turn out bad.

And even though that was all what it was now you still weren’t sure of what you had said against Baekhyun. Did you really not like him? What if you did? Then you had thrown away your chance to start a relationship with him and you would never get what you wanted again. You had hurt his feelings, just like he had hurt you a while ago. But it didn’t mean that even though he did that you couldn’t like him, he was who he was, no matter what he had done.

But what if you had made the right decision and changing it would only make things worse for the both of you? Maybe you were both better off like this and you would find someone else of your own age and you would both become happy without each other and with someone else. Maybe you would be able to be friends later on and laugh with this whole situation once it was over.

In this whole story there was only one big problem, and that was that you didn’t know. You didn’t know if you had given him the right answer, if you had done the right thing to reject him and not tell him that you loved him back. You didn’t know if it was the right thing to not forgive him for what he had done to you and maybe Yuri was right about everything after all.

She had said that it was not Baekhyun’s fault, but Hana’s. After all the only thing she had been trying to do all this time was ruining everything that was valuable to you and as soon as she had noticed that Baekhyun was standing close to you she would want to do anything to make sure your connection with him would be broken and you would be the one suffering from it.

If you had only known this you would’ve been more careful. You would’ve made sure that she had never got to know about you seeing Baekhyun, even though you just told her he was meeting up with your parents to talk about your grates. Perantly  that already made her brain work and already told her that this was something she could hurt you with, and she had been damn right in that.

Yuri had advised you to give him a chance, even after she had gotten to know that he was your teacher and to have a relationship with him was wrong. She still told you to try it and to just follow your heart. You knew yourself that there was no age on love, you could be together if you wanted, but it was just forbidden. If the wrong person would find out and told everyone he would lose everything he had, and you couldn’t risk that.

So yes, you were capable to put your own feelings aside for his. You wanted the best for him, you wanted that he would be happy. But was that what you were giving him? He had confessed to you, which meant he had wanted to move on with you. Then was this the thing that would make him happy in the end or was that also a wrong thought from your side.

You stopped walked and growled in frustration. You didn’t know, you didn’t know a single thing and it made you feel so bad and worthless. If you would talk to him about it you would never figure it out. This wasn’t something you would understand, and it wasn’t something he would understand because you both thought differently about this. This was something you had to solve by your own, or at least without his help.

You arrived at the school gate and suddenly realized you were going to have to face Yuri today, after everything you had told her. This was going to be the first time you would walk into someone who knew you weren’t living with your brother but with Baekhyun and how things actually were in between the two of you. This was going to be so awkward and you just hoped that she wouldn’t start talking about it even though you knew she would, and had to.

When your normal group appeared inside you smiled at them and Yuri, who was standing beside Luhan pretended like nothing had happened. Like you had never called her, like she didn’t know anything. Suddenly you knew that it had been a good thing to trust her, she had been the right person to tell this to, you could become calm now.

“I have to talk with Heeri-ah for a while.” She then said with a smile and kissed Luhan before leading you away from the rest.

This was the moment for you. You had had so many other things to worry and to think about that you had forgotten this completely. Yuri could say many different things to you now. She could tell you that she didn’t want to have anything to do with this and that she didn’t want to hang out with you anymore. That would be another friendship you had ruined and you couldn’t handle that now.

“So what did you say to him.”

She stopped walking and turned around towards you when she asked the question. You could see the curiosity hidden deep inside of her eyes, she truly wanted to know what you had answered. Maybe this wasn’t going to end badly after all, maybe this was going to turn out just fine and she could help you with your problems. You opened your mouth to answer her before something else caught you eye and you forgot what you wanted to say.

Yuri tried to catch your attention for a minute before she noticed you were staring at something behind her and she turned around too to follow your gaze. She mumbled something in a surprised tone and seemed just as shocked as you were, by seeing this she probably already knew what you had said to him. 

In front of you there was Baekhyun, standing a little ahead of you. This wasn’t the part that shocked you, after all he was supposed to be at school at this hour. But the person he was with made your blood boil in your veins and there was nothing you could do about it to stop it. Seeing how he was flirting with Kim songsaengnim let some sort of feeling loose inside of you and actually you already knew what it was, it was pure jealousy.

You hated to see Baekhyun with her, it made you so angry. The last thing you wanted was to see him together with her. It wasn’t like she had ever done anything wrong to you, you were sure she was a great teacher. The problem was just that she liked Baekhyun, and she couldn’t do that. You didn’t know why but she just couldn’t do that.

“The …” You mumbled and Yuri lifted an eyebrow at you.

“It looks like someone is jealous. Are you sure you made the right mistake by saying no? From what I see you hate that woman, just because she likes your man. Do you have any idea what that means Heeri-ah? It means that you like him! It means that you have made a mistake.”

You shook your head, the fact that you were jealous didn’t mean anything, or did it? He was your house mate, wasn’t it normal for you to be a bit jealous about this? There was a chance he would find a girlfriend and he would move out and you didn’t want to be left behind. And after all he was arranged to marry you, he couldn’t just find himself another girl.

But as you listened to the hard beating of your heart you began to doubt more and more. What of he liked her? What if he would chose her over you? The thought that he had already forgotten about you so soon made you feel really bad and it hurt. It had only been yesterday that he had confessed to you and now he was already playing someone else. Had this just been some kind of joke to him?

You shook your head and knew that he would never do such a thing to you. But you had to make up your mind and do it quickly because otherwise she would be running away with your prize after all. You weren’t going to let her win this, you were going to figure out your feelings, and well now.