You Won't Be Lonely Anymore

The Teacher-Student Marriage

You stirred and woke up from your weird dream with a gasp. You couldn't really tell what it had been about, you couldn't remember any details. The only thing you knew was that it had interrupted your sleep and that you wouldn't be able to fall asleep again that easily. You weren't the one to have a bad dream really often, but when you did it would keep you awake for a while. 

With a big movement you threw the blankets off your sweaty body and walked up to the bathroom, thinking you might need to check yourself in the mirror because you had this feeling you were looking like a monster. And those thoughts were confirmed when you the lights and looked at your own reflection. There were some red, sleeping spots over your arms, concidering you had slept all day. And your hair was one big mess.

You shrugged it off, reminding yourself that there was no reason why you should worry about your looks right now. Baekhyun would laugh with you anyway, no matter if you were looking like . But even though you knew that you still felt kind of insecure to show yourself to him while looking like that. You had no idea why you suddenly cared about that but it was the truth. 

Deciding that you needed to take a little break from all the thinking and you wanted to do something else than sleeping you walked out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen. Maybe it would help you if you would drink something so you would be a little more hydrated. You reached for a glass on a high shelf, touching it with your fingertips. 

Feeling your head turning all dizzy you tried to reach for something to hold onto, missing it hopelessly. With a loud squeal you fell down and landed on your back, feeling a sting go through your spine. You wheezed, getting frustrated of your own clumsiness. You were tired of being sick and just wanted this to be all over so you could go back to school and go on with your life again.

"Heeri-ah, why are you on the ground?" 

You jumped as you heard Baekhyun's voice behind you and quickly turned your head in the direction of his voice. Before you said something you studied his figure while blinking your eyes a few times. He was looking extremely tired and it made you feel guilty for waking him up. It didn't meant that he also had this much time to rest while you were here at home and now you were even bothering him while he was supposed to be sleeping. 

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to wake you. I was just trying to reach something and I became dizzy so I fell." You explained and he hummed in response.

"But that doesn't mean you should stay there because it's not healthy for you to be on the cold ground right now."

You nodded, of course he was right again and you must say the ground was kind of cold after being in a warm bed for such a long time. You tried to push yourself up but it was hard since you didn't have much strength in your arms. Baekhyun noticed and crouched down behind you so he could pull you up. 

When you were back on your feet he wrapped his arm around your waist to support you while walking back to the couch. The blanket on it was completely messed up and you could still see exectly where he had lied since his chape was still in the couchons. He sat you down in the corner so he could take place next to you.

"I understand you were taking something to drink so I'll just go and get it for you. Don't move Heeri." He said firmly. 

You just bobbed your head and let him do what he thought was right. You had no idea why but you were feeling quite down today and you didn't know what could change that. Baekhyun noticed your state and frowned as he took a better look at you. You didn't seem like you were truly listenening to him and it almost looked as if you were a little depressed. 

"A-are you okay Heeri-ah?" He asked carefully.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a little tired that's all. I guess being sick is not having such a good influence on my mood." 

He hummed in response and then turned around to go back to the kitchen to get you the drink you couldn't get a few minutes ago. This was actually one of the first real conversations you had had with him where you didn't want to kill him or where he annoyed you to death. Maybe he wasn't such a bad person after all. 

Feeling cold you wrapped the blanket around yourself and made yourself comfortable on the couch. You couldn't understand how Baekhyun was able to sleep here every single night, it was the worst sleeping place ever. Maybe you had to be humble and give the bed away for tonight, it was the least you could do to thank him for everything he had done for you. 

You were still deeply lost in thoughts as Baekhyun came out of the kitchen and walked over to you with a glass of water and some medicin. Seeing that you were staring ahead dreamily he knipped with his fingers in front of your face which made you jump. 

"I got you what you needed." 

He gave you the glass and laid the pills in your other palm and waited for you to drink it up. With a sigh you swallowed it and knew this was going to make you sleepy again in no time. You thanked him and gave him the empty glass which he put down on the small table in front of you. Then he sat down next to you and folded his legs over each other to sit comfortable. 

The first moments passed in silence, but it wasn't the comfortable silence that there usually was in between the two of you. You felt this need to talk to him, to say something, anything. You had no idea why but this quiet moment was killing you so you had to make it end, but eventually Baekhyun was faster than you. 

"So are you feeling a little better already?" He asked awkwardly. 

"I'm feeling a bit better but I don't think I'm totally recovered just yet." 

Another silence, one that almost begged you to open your mouth. You knew it wouldn't matter what you would talk about so you could just say anything. But why was it that you felt like you didn't want to say something stupid. You didn't want to ruin things now you finally seemed to be able to talk with each other without wanting to eat one other. One wrong word and everything would be over. 

"Is that your family?" You asked and nodded to the frame you remembered all too well. 

Baekhyun nodded and a little smile covered his face. You could see in his expression that he missed them and that he wanted to see them. You bet that if you would ask him to talk about them he could probably go on for hours, so that was exactly what you were going to do. 

"What are they like?" 

"Well, they're great! I mean my brother and I may fight sometimes but that'll never last long. He doesn't like to fight with me so eventually he always comes over to me and apologizes even though it should be the younger who sais sorry first. We are really close and we can tell each other everthing. And my parents...I don't know, my mom and I always have fun together, for some reason she never gets angry and she has lots of patient with three men around her. My dad always helps me with school and gives me advice and when I'm free he'll take me fishing so we can spend some time together and just talk you know, it's nice." 

When he was done talking he seemed much more relaxed, almost as if he had just told you something he normally didn't tell anyone. You liked to see him like that, so carefree and not afraid to tell you something. It was good to know that not everyone was raised like you and that there were good parents in this world. 

"Yeah, that must be really nice, or it sounds like it." 

Your answer made Baekhyun come down from his thoughts and look at you. You were staring at his picture, taking in all the details you could find. He wondered if it was right to ask you about your family, maybe you didn't want him to bring it up. But maybe you just needed someone to talk with and you wanted someone to understand you, although he was sure he wouldn't be able to get your situation because he had never been through such a thing before. 

"Do you still meet them often?" You asked and Baekhyun nodded. 

"We try to see each other at least twice a month and call one other once a week. I think it's important to stay in touch with your family because...after all they are your family and you can't replace them..." 

His reply shocked you because you knew it was true. In this world every person had only one real family and it was irreplaceable. Having people like that to fall back on were important and you couldn't just find them everywhere. If only your parents wanted to be those people for you and wanted to be there for you when you had a hard time, but they never were. 

"What about your family? What are they like?" 

You turned your head towards Baekhyun and saw the curiosity written all over his face. You figured out that he knew you and your parents didn't get along well so it was no longer a secret. Still he wanted to know what you and your family were like, how you had lived together before all of this, it was the first step to open up to each other. 

"My family...they are busy. My dad is a surgeon so he travels all over the world to do special surgeries so he isn't here often and my mom...she is a lawyer and more likes to spend her time with prisoners than with me." 

Baekhyun blinked his eyes a few times and took in your sad expression. He would have felt the same way if his parents would have been like that, but he was happy it wasn't that way. He finally understood why you were like this, why you seemed so unreachable. 

"Heeri-ah, have you ever been lonely?" He asked. 

The way your turned your head away from him told him enough. He slowly reached out his hand to yours, but stopped just before they touched. He bit his lip before pulling away again and laying his hand on his lap.

"I'm sorry to hear that..." That was what he said

'You deserve better Heeri-ah, from now on you won't be lonely anymore.' But this was what he thought.