Team Work

The Teacher-Student Marriage

You walked into the apartment and slammed the door shut behind you. You were so frustrated and angry that you could just explode at this moment. If you could find something to throw with that wasn't valuable and you wouldn't need ever again you would break it right now because you hoped that maybe that would make you feel a little bit better.

How could two people make you feel like this just by being around you or making eye contact with you, you hadn't even talked to Sehun or Hana yet but still they were able to make you want to pull all your hair out. But Elena seemed to like them more and more and you couldn't tell her what had happened so you didn't have any reasons to keep her away from them and to forbid her to be friends with them. And during all that time James kept giving you pity looks.  

It was just something you couldn't handle anymore. Your past just kept haunting you and it was as if you would never be free of it. You didn't understand what you had done wrong in your life that you had to deal with all of this right now. Why couldn't they just leave you alone? Why did they have to rip open the closed wounds again? It just wasn't fair, just now that you were finally over it they had to return into your life by becoming friends with your best friend during the time you were sick. 

You threw your bag on the table and walked over to the couch, letting yourself fall on top of it. There had to be a way you could get out of this, there had to be something you could do. Maybe you just had to take Baekhyun's advice and try to look for other friends, at this moment it seemed lik the only way since you didn't know how long you would be able to handle this, having those two around. 

You let out a high pitched scream and kicked with your legs on the cushions on the sofa just when you heard the front foor open. Realizing Baekhyun was home and you were no longer by yourself you sat up again but you wouldn't be surprised if he had heard your yell until outside. He came around the corner carefully, confirming your thoughts. 

"Ohh wauw, you look like a mess." He said without hesitation. 

"Thanks, I really needed that." 

He chuckled as you tried to fix your hair which was now pointing into all different directions. He laid his bag with yours and then sat next to you on the couch, a little further away like he was scared you would attack him or something. And you must say, maybe that wasn't the most stupid thing to do. 

"I suppose that your plan to stay away from Hana didn't really work out?" He asked on which you gave him an annoyed look. 

"I just don't understand that she doesn't understand, if I would give you this look what would it tell you?"

You looked him straight in the eye and shot him the ugliest look you had, the one you had given Hana and Sehun the whole day. You wondered or it was just you, maybe it truly wasn't as scary as you thought it was, but then you saw Baekhyun shiver a little and you almost bursted into a laugh. 

"Okay, stop it right there young lady. I swear if looks could kill I would be dead right now and I think I wouldn't be the only one you would've killed today." 

You smiled as you noticed that again he was totally right, seemd like he was smarter than you had thought. He let out a big sigh and leaned his back against the couch with closed eyes. He seemd like he was tired and now you were also bothering him with all your problems by talking and talking. Maybe you had to give him a break. 

"And can you believe that I now still have to correct more than hundreds of test before Monday! I'm never going to get this finished." He groaned out loud. 

"Well I could help you, as long as you promis me that I can get Hana's test and fail her big time." You joked. Baekhyun laughed and opened one eyes to look at you.

"You would do that?" 

"Sure, why not? See it as a thank you for listening to all my girl drama today and for saving me this morning. But then we're even sur, don't forget that."

Baekhyun nodded with a wide smile and stood up from the sofa. You followed him to the table where your bags were and put your down on the ground to make sure you had enough of space. He got out his map and you saw how thick and full it was. With some luck you would get your own test and you could cheat a little bit... So it did have benefits to live with your teacher. 

"This is a test from the 9th grade so normally you should be able to do this. Here is the correction paper so you can just check it on there and then you put the mark up there in the rigth corner." He explained. 

You studied him as he talked, he actually was extremely handsome and even more now you knew that he was actually a really cool and funny guy. He wasn't as bad as you had thought in the beginning and if it stayed like this you would even get to like it to live with him. You just had to make sure you wouldn't grow attached to him cause that would only give problems. 

"Okay I think I can do that. Just think about what I'm doing here when you correct my test." You said with a smirk. 

"Don't bribe your teacher Heeri-ah, that's not going to help you, don't forget that." 

"Well you never know! Who doesn't try has already lost." 

Baekhyun stared at you for a while as you took you the red pen he had given to you together with the tests. Everone always told him you weren't the smartest, and that was also what you yourself believed. But by everything you had been telling him these days he had found out you were smarter than you thought, you just didn't notice it. 

He shook off his thoughts and told himself to go to work instead of being all over the place with his mind. The faster he would start this the quicker he would be done and the faster he could go to sleep. These were the moment he didn't remember why he became a teacher again. 

In silence the two of you did your work and sometimes Baekhyun would glance up at you to see how you were doing and how fast you were going. And he had to say he wasn't disappointed, in fact he was really happy you had suggested to help him. Without you he probably would have been busy at this twice as long. Now he just had to trust on your honesty and hope that you hadn't cheated or miscounted. 

Time passed and it became later and later as the pile of uncorrected tests became smaller and smaller as the other became higher. Baekhyun was absorbed by his papers, correcting them without reading the name on top to make sure he was totally fair and making sure that he wouldn't make any mistakes in counting the marks. Some of them needed more red colour than others but for now he was quite happy about the results. He smiled when his eyes accidentaly fell on the name of owner of the next test. 

"Yah Heeri-ah, are you ready because..." He started but stopped as he looked up at you. 

Your cheek was lying on your next test and your eyes were firmly closed while your expression looked relaxed and carefree. Your hair was covering one of your eyes as the pen threatened to fall out of your grip. He realized all the stress from today must have worn you out that much that you even fell alseep on a wooden table. 

"Psssshh, this girl seriously." He chuckled. 

He raised from his chair and walked around the table to where you were sitting, or actually lying. He carefully took the pen from your hold and put it back in his pencil case so he wouldn't forget it and would have it with him tomorrow. He studied your face for a second and his hand went up all by itself to put the locks that covered your eye behind your ear. He immediately noticed how soft your hair was what made him hold his hand in place for a while. 

He had no idea what you were doing to him, but he felt like he was finally having the chance to meet the real you. The way he had been able to be himself around you today was something he hadn't been able to do with anyone else before, not even with his old girlfriends. It was weird to think that it was all this easy with you since you were his student for heaven's sake, he wasn't suppost to feel like this. 

But what could be wrong with being friends with you? After all he had to live with you and it would be nice to be closer to another and that you could have fun together, anything was better than hating each other and trying to pull each other's hair out. The only thing that couldn't happen was that he would like you more than that, he couldn't do that, that would be wrong. 

He took a deep breath and pulled his hand back from your body, letting it fall beside himself again. Then why washe always feeling so strange whenever he talked to you or he heard you laugh. He shook his head and told himself to get a grip of himself again, there was nothing going on with him. 

"Let's get you to bed Heeri-ah..."