The End?

The Teacher-Student Marriage

“Do you want me to bring you to school today? It’s really cold outside and the wind is blowing very hard, I wouldn’t want you to get blown away.”

“I’ll be fine, it’s not safe if we arrive together.”

You could say you were still a little taken aback from what had happened yesterday. It wasn’t like you were still angry, just a bit irritated and not because of Baekhyun but because of what he had said to you. Why did you have to get that jealous that easily? You didn’t want to be that possessive girlfriend which didn’t let her boyfriend talk to any other girls and even got jealous if he just did his work.

If you could just do a magic trick on Hana and make her disappear off this world, that was what you wanted to do the most right now. That little witch seriously thought that you’d let her do anything? Well, she was death wrong. If she thought that there wasn’t going to come a moment that you would fight back then she didn’t know you yet. First she stole your boyfriend, then your best friend and now your new boyfriend? You also had your limits and she was reached them now.

Baekhyun was staring at you from the kitchen counter with his arms crossed over his chest. He could see your frustration was all written over your face and he didn’t want to know what you were doing to Hana in your head. He sighed as he got over to where you were seated and sat down on the chair beside you. There was no way he could make you forget this anymore and he knew that, Hana was doomed from now on.

“Just forget about her. She’s not important and we shouldn’t let her come in between us. If you’d let her do that then you’d just give her what she wants and I don’t think that is what you want to do is it?”

“Well, then why don’t you start by saying no the next time she asks you for help because you saying yes to her is also exactly what she wants. She wants to have her time alone with you so that she can wrap you all around het sneaky, little, y finger.” You mumbled and Baekhyun sighed deeply.

“You know that I can’t do that Heeri. I can’t refuse to help a student just because my girlfriend is getting jealous because I’m doing my job. Why can’t you just understand that I have to do this? You’re making such a drama of things and you seeing things that aren’t real. Why can’t you just trust me in this, why the hell would I fall for Hana?”

With a growl and without answering you raised from your chair, pushing it backwards with lots of force. You were tired of this discussion, at the moment you’d rather just go to school then sit here with him because this argument was going absolutely nowhere. Why couldn’t he understand that if Hana wanted something that she’d get it no matter what?

When you had been in a relationship with Sehun he had told you the exact same words he had told you just now and two months later you had found them together in a classroom, kissing. The fear that this would happen again was something you couldn’t let go of. You knew that Baekhyun wasn’t Sehun and that maybe that wouldn’t happen again but still, you could better prevent it then wait and see what would happen.

But you weren’t going to stay here and try to explain that all to him, he wouldn’t understand anyway and otherwise he wouldn’t want to understand. So you grabbed your bag from the floor and opened the front door, which made that a big breeze almost blew you over. You heard Baekhyun say that he would take you but you didn’t care, even if you would blow away you wouldn’t crawl into a car with him just to fight over Hana.

So again you told him that you’d be fine and walked out, having lots of difficulties to close the door behind you. What a day, hopefully it would get better later on because you wanted to clear your mind and think about happy things. You didn’t want to fight with Baekhyun but sometimes you had to be harsh and hold on to what you wanted.

You arrived at school and looked around, having a hard time to find anyone. Where did they all go? Then your eyes fell on Jongdae who was also standing all by himself without all the other boys. Even though you had promised Baekhyun that you wouldn’t be too close with him anymore you still walked towards him. What did he want, did he want you to stand all alone? Plus, he also wouldn’t leave Hana alone in return so today you couldn’t care less about that stupid promise.

“Hey Heeri-ah.” Jongdae smiled as you reached him.

“Hi Jongdae, where is everyone?”

“They all went to some girl, the school prom invitations are here and now they all want to ask their dream girl to go with them so they had to be fast to be the first. They kind of left me here without saying anything.”

“Oh… And shouldn’t you be asking your favorite girl out too?” You asked with a smile.

It was when he looked at you that you knew that you had said something really stupid. He wasn’t standing here all alone without a good reason, he had been waiting for you. You were his favorite girl and he wanted to ask you out for the school prom. You should have known better than this, why did you come over to him again? You suddenly forgot the reason.

“Heeri-ah, would you like to be my date for the school prom?” He then asked and you tried to act happy and surprised.

“What me? Oh…”

You thought about your answer, what the hell were you going to say? But then you realized that if you’d say no to Jongdae that you probably wouldn’t have a date for the school prom. Who else was going to take you, Baekhyun? You couldn’t even show up with him at a mall, so definitely not at a school prom. You only had two options, or saying yes to Jongdae, or not going and you really wanted to go.

You were a senior, and you were in your last year of high school. Next year you would be gone and you wouldn’t be able to go to the school prom anymore. This was the last year that you’d have the chance to go and you had already passed last year. Actually you really wanted to go and do all the things that couples did at such a night. You wanted to dance and you wanted to wear a nice dress.

“Okay, I’ll go to the prom with you.”

The words were out before you realized what you had actually said and the smirk was already covering Jongdae’s face. You couldn’t go back anymore now without breaking this boy his heart and that was something you didn’t want to do. But now there was still one very difficult task for you to do, you had to tell your real boyfriend that you were going to the prom with someone else and that someone else was the guy you had promised to stay away from.

As you looked behind you, you saw Baekhyun’s car parked a little further away, he was already here. You could better tell him now then to wait until you were home. If you said it now he could still cool of during the day and he couldn’t lash out on you at home and maybe by then he’d already be over it. You excused yourself at Jongdae and ran up the stairs to go to Baekhyun’s classroom.

To say that you were nervous was a misunderstanding, you were almost pissing in your pants. You had already been fighting in the morning and you had both been stressed out about that stupid Hana. What if this was only going to make it worse, and it was going to make things worse, you already knew that. You pushed the thoughts away as you knocked on the door and went in without waiting for an answer. As soon as he saw it was you he raised from his chair and walked towards you.

“I’m sorry about this morning baby. I understand that you’re having a hard time with the fact that I’m teaching Hana by herself but…” He stopped as you held up your hand.

“Before you start apologizing, there is something I have to tell you first… Jongdae asked me if I wanted to be his date for the school prom… And I accepted it.”

At the moment you said Jongdae’s name you could already see his face change. But when he heard that you were actually going out with him and you were going to be his date it seemed as if his face became red. He was angry, very angry. Now you wished you had said it differently, but you had wanted to be straight forward, sometimes it was better to be straight forward, but maybe today it wasn’t.

“Why the hell did you even think about saying yes?” He asked in a low voice.

“Then what else did I have to do? It’s not like you can take me there right? And I really want to go, it’s my last year and I want to be a part of this. All my friends are going and Jongdae asked me, so this was my perfect chance.”

“You also could’ve gone with someone else. Why does it have to be Jongdae? You know that he liked you, you’re playing with his feelings by doing this and you’re also breaking the promise you’ve made to me.”

“Say no to Jongdae and then what?! Go to my last school prom with a complete stranger so that my boyfriend shouldn’t worry about his promise? I just want to have some fun and it’s not like you could be my date, I would want you to but it can’t!”

You had both reached your peeks for today, you were furious and frustrated because of the situation. Because fate was making things very difficult for you and because you couldn’t be together. You both hated this and you both didn’t want to go through this but you had no other choice. But the next thing he said was completely unexpected and it hit you like a bomb.

“Maybe we should break up.”

Your eyes and mouth widened in awe, he could not have just said that. This was your first real fight as a couple and okay, it was a little big and it was only getting worse, but did that mean that you had to give up already and end this? Did he have this less fate in your relationship? He didn’t even want to try and fix this so then what was the use of you fighting for it. Tears filled your eyes and his became huge as he saw them.

“No, wait Heeri-ah, I didn’t meant to say that, I…”

But before he could explain himself you had already run out the room, completely upset by the words he had said out loud. How could he even think about breaking up with you? Was that all you were worth to him, why did he give up that quickly? You hoped that he’d change his mind, you really did… Because if not, you’d be over.