Some Distance

The Teacher-Student Marriage

Two months later

“You’re always so busy, it’s boring.” You wailed and Baekhyun chuckled.

“It’s called work and I have no choice, because you make such bad tests I have much more work. If you would just make sure that I didn’t have to correct anything then I’d be done much faster and we’d already be at that restaurant by now.”

“You liar! My tests aren’t bad, so don’t you dare saying this is my fault.”

He just laughed as he gave your test and you looked at it with a content smile. Ever since you had been together with Baekhyun your grades had gone up, partly because all of his help and tutoring, but also because you studied much more. If he would be doing his work for school then you would do yours too and it had helped you a lot, maybe living together with a teacher wasn’t the worst thing ever after all.

You grinned up at him and waved your paper in front of his face before putting it away in your bag. All Baekhyun could do was smile at your happiness, he didn’t mind helping you, after all it was what he had studied for. He was grateful that you never cheated and never asked him what the test would be about, you played it fair and just studied for it like everyone else had to do if they wanted to pass. It wasn’t like he would give you the questions, he would just push you into the right direction sometimes.

“Do you think this is still going to take long because actually I’m starving, do you want your girlfriend to starve? I don’t think so right?”

“No, that wouldn’t be such a nice thing to do. But I really need to finish these tests and if I don’t then it’ll be your fault and I’ll have to punish you.”

That made you put out your tongue to him and he sighed while pulling you on his lap and wrapping his arms around you. You were still in school, hanging in his classroom at this late hour. Before you had become the girlfriend of a teacher you had never stayed in school for this long, but some things had changed by now. You relaxed in his embrace as you placed your hands on top of his and enjoyed the way he was holding you.

“I do think that we should be more careful. Miss Jung asked me today if I knew you from somewhere since we seemed close, I hope that she’s the only one that noticed something because otherwise that could give some troubles.”

You quickly turned around and faced him with big eyes. You didn’t know anything about that, why didn’t he tell you sooner? What if she wasn’t the only person thinking this way and even students had noticed that you and Baekhyun stared at each other sometimes? What if they had seen his name at your screen if you had been texting him? You and Baekhyun had been together for a while now and you were quite a close couple, it wouldn’t be strange if someone had noticed but this meant that it was getting dangerous.

“What are we going to do now?” You asked a little panicked and he hushed you.

“It’s okay, we should just keep a little distance for a while so that they won’t get wrong ideas, or actually the right ideas. We have to make sure that they won’t find this out because then it’ll be over for the both of us.”

You nodded and pouted, only the thought of not being able to see him in between two classes made you feel sad, what would you do if you couldn’t speak to him all day long? Normally you even lunched together, you guessed it was better if the two of you cancelled that for now. You stared ahead as you thought about all of this and Baekhyun seemed to notice that you were upset since he pecked your cheek with a little smile.

“We can hang out at home right? You probably won’t even miss me if you hang out with your friends. Just look at it from the bright side, if this will make us hide our secret then we can stay together.”

And you knew he was right, he was so damn right, but you loved to spend your time with him and by now you were so used having him around and at him being your company that you didn’t want to live without him anymore. But if you wanted this to work out then no one could know, and Yuri already knew, so you had to make sure that it would stay with that one person.

“Yes, I know that you’re right, I just don’t like the thought of it. I really like spending my time with you during lunch and stuff, otherwise what should I do? I can go to James but he’s always with his guy friends too, I don’t want to be a burden.”

“What? You’re not a burden to anyone! Everybody loves you, you shouldn’t worry about that.”

You giggled softly but it still wasn’t able to safe your mood. That was the only thing you could think of now, that you were going to have to stay away from your own boyfriend, just to safe your relationship. In normal situations it would be the other way around, you would have to spend more time to get everything right, but it wasn’t as if you could call your relationship really normal in the first place.

But he was right and what had to be done had to be done, there was no way around it. If it would make that you could stay with him then you would do it, you would do everything so you could stay Baekhyun’s girlfriend. You looked at him as he put his head on your shoulder with a smile, sensing that he had ruined the sphere a little. But you smiled at him and hid it, you didn’t want to mess up the evening because this was bothering you.

“So I guess this is the last evening we’ll sit here like this huh?” You mumbled and he nodded.

“I’m afraid so, of course you don’t have to go home alone every day, you can still come, but not just every single day like we do now. If someone busts us inside of here then we are both screwed, and I wouldn’t want you to get into trouble for this.”

“And I wouldn’t want you to get into trouble for this either.”

He nodded as he turned you around on his lap so you were facing him, your legs swung to the left. You liked being this close to him and sitting on his lap, it made you feel very special. He took your hands in his and intertwined your fingers with another before looking up at you with his cute expression. You smiled at him he pouted as he thought if you meant it or not, he wanted to make sure how you felt but that wasn’t always easy, it was difficult for him to read your expressions.

“You know that I love you right?”

You nodded at his cheesy question and he chuckled slightly before leaning in and wanting to give you a sweet kiss on the lips. But when he was about to touch your lips with his your stomach began to rumble extremely loud, making you both look down on it as you blushed furiously. You looked up at him with a shy smile, first of all because your body was making weird noises and second of all because you had ruined your kiss.

“Okay, enough working for today. My lady is hungry, let’s go get you some food before you actually starve.”