Busted?

The Teacher-Student Marriage

You stepped into the car and clicked your belt. You had been quiet the whole morning and you knew it made Baekhyun feel awkward but you just couldn't help it. The conversation you had had with you rmom yesterday had pissed you off and you actually didn't want to meat up with her just yet but you had no other choice. 

"It probably won't be that bad." Baekhyun said, trying to convince you but you just sniffed. 

"It's going to be horrible and you know it. They'll ask us all these stupid questions and they'll have comments on everything, trust me I know them." 

Baekhyun took in all the information you told him and hoped that you weren't right. He wasn't into the mood to have this whole interrogation about how the two of you had been and what you had done over the time you had been together. How would they like it if he anwser that you did nothing at all beside schoolwork and fighting? Probably not so good. 

"Do you think they'll be mad if they get to know we haven't slept together yet?" 

"Probably not, or not yet because we're only together for a week or so. Now they want to know or we like each other and or we already start getting feelings for each other because they want nothing else than that their little plan succeeds, those people seriously." 

He nodded and loosened his grip around the wheel. Why couldn't he just relax? Why was he so stressed all of a sudden? he couldn't tell, but he knew that it wasn't normal. He had never met the parents of his previous girlfriends, maybe that was what made him like this. But the problem was that you weren't his girlfriend so that didn't make any sense. 

"Should we tell them what they want to hear or what truly happened?" 

"We'll figure something out just don't panic or anything and we'll be fine. Now keep your eyes on the road please, there's snow over there, accidents happen before you know it." 

Snow was your biggest enemy and you weren't going to hide that from anyone. Baekhyun blinked his eyes in surprise and smiled a little. He adored snow, it was one of the reasons why the winter was his favorite season of the year. It seemed that you were the total opposite of him in everything, hopefully that wouldn't cause any problems later on. 

"Why? Snow is something great, why are you so grumpy about it?" He asked and shot you a teasing look. 

"Just shut up and drive Baekhyun before I kick your ." 

He rolled his eyes at your horrible reaction but did what you asked him. He didn't want to talk with you when you were in this kind of mood, he didn't like you when you were like this. He liked the you who was bright and happy, not the you who always had comment on everything and who would get mad because of the smallest thing. 

Of course he knew that it was because of the fact that you had to go and see your parent but you couldn't avoid them forever. Once you would have to face them and have a true conversation with them, you couldn't try to push that away for the rest of your life. 

"Heeri-ah, they're still your parents you know. Maybe you should..."

"You don't even know what you're talking about so don't get involved okay?!" 

You shot him a death glare, telling him that he was crossing the line. He gave you one in return, showing you that he was not happy with your attitude, which actually you understood but you didn't care. At this moment you needed someone to get picky on and that just happened to be Baekhyun right now, so bad for him. 

"What the hell Heeri! I'm just telling you the way it is! You're just too childish and stupid to face the truth while it's right in front of you!"

"What do you know about it?! Do you know what it is like to live with to people who give more about stupid money than about yourself?! No, you don't know anything Baekhyun! You don't know a single thing so don't pretend like you do!" 

When you were finished it turned silent in the car. Baekhyun stared at the road with an anrgy look on his face while you looked out of your window with the same expression. He thought that you were being foolish, you were just too scared to face anything. You had to speak with your parents about your feelings and then everything would be alright and you just didn't want to understand that. 

He stopped the car at the right adress and even after the engine had felt silent he just stayed seated just like you. You both still had to cool down a little from your fight, like this you couldn't go inside. You were the first one to reach for your seat belt but then Baekhyun turned himself towards you. 

"Why won't you just talk to them? Just tell them how you feel about it Heeri-ah and they'll understand." He tried with a softer voice this time. 

"Do you think I haven't tried that before? What do you take me for Baekhyun, seriously. Just don't try to solve something that isn't from your level." 

"What do you mean with that?! So because I don't have any money and I'm not rich I don't understand what is going on here?!" 

"Yes! That's exactly what I'm saying! Now don't you dare to talk about it again!" 

That was the last drop and you stepped out of the car and smashed the door close. You were so tired of this all. He didn't know how you felt or how to solve this, because he had never been through this kind of situation before. You knew that what you had said was hard, but that was his own damn fault. 

Baekhyun had always been loved by his parents. For them, money hadn't been important, their kids had been the most precious thing for them. They had all had each other and you had always been alone. You had already tried to make your parents notice how lonely you felt and had hoped they would finally take their responsibilitiesas parents and give you the attention you deserved but it had never happened. All they care about was their work and their status and for else nothing mattered and Baekhyun just didn't get that. 

You walked into the restaurant and spotted your parents sitting at a table for four people. You stopped in the middle of the doorway, seeing how they were still in the middle of phone calls and typing away on their laptops. If you would have been 30 minutes too late they probably wouldn't have noticed until you had arrived and they had seen you. They probably weren't even remembering that someone was missing at their table right now, their daughter for example. 

You clenched your fists beside your side and the thought of turning around and running away crossed your mind, because right now you didn't want to do nothing else but that. But suddenly you felt an presence behind you and you didn't have to think long about who that could be. 

"Do you see it now? They don't miss me, they don't notice me, they don't have any time for me. The only reason why they are here is to see or they can leave me with you so they don't have to worry about me anymore and most likely they would want to finish that as fast as possible so they can go back to work. Money is nothing Baekhyun, money only distroys everything." 

It stayed silent behind you and you figured out he must have understood what you meant after seeing what your parents were doing at the moment. Without saying anything more you stepped forward and reached the table where they were sitting and waited for them to look up at you, what took just as long at you had expected. 
Then your dad lifted his eyes from his screen and looked at you, but it took him some time to see who you were. When he got you were his daughter he popped out a smile and put his stuff away. Your mom noticed and then did the same thing as Baekhyun reached the table and stood beside you. 

"Heeri-ah! Baekhyun-ah! It's so nice to see you two again, please take a seat." 

You both shoved back a chair and sat down. Baekhyun kept his eyes on your parents, not knowing or he was going to forgive you or not. He knew you were been right but still you had offended him. He was still too angry to take the first step, at this point you had to apologize first, but he was quite sure you weren't going to do that. 

And he was damn right. You on the other hand found that he had to apologize for bothering your personal business while he had nothing to do with it. He had seen your parents only once before and now he already thought that he knew everything about the relationship in between the two of you, but he was wrong. 

"We already ordered the food, we hope you don't mind? So let's talk about the two of you, how are you doing?" 

Out of the corner of your eye you looked at Baekhyun, suddenly not sure of what to do. Even though your situation wasn't that good right now you still didn't want to bring him into any trouble. If you would say bad right now maybe your dad would give him a hard time and it wasn't like he had been that bad to you all of the time.

"It's okay, we're getting used to each other little by little." You mumbled as the waiter came with the food. 

"That doesn't sound that bad does it? You see honey I told you you had to give it a chance and that everything would turn out alright. Maybe you should listen to mommy a little more often." 

You gave her a fake smile, getting pissy of what she was telling you. How could you listen to her more often if she barely had conversations with you. You spread your napkin over your lap and made sure that everything down there was perfect in order to not having to look up. 

"So sweety, have you already thought about what you want to go and study next year when you go to university?" She brought up what made you stiffen. 

Out of all the topics she could talk of right now she had to chose this one, the one that would always run out on a massive fight and would cause that you would be upset and down for days. We could she never let it be and just listen to you for this one time and hear that you wanted to do what you wanted and what you loved. 

"Well, I was thinking about going to art school." You started and your mom already scoffed. 

"Of please baby, you're much too good to go to such a standard school. Besides, why would you draw stupid flowers and fruit when you are smart enough to go to law school. No, no, you are going to study something that is worth our money and not something under rated like that." 

You clenched your teeth together as you tried not to give your normal reaction which was becoming really angry and shout. But now Baekhyun was here and you didn't want to come over as the spoiled child who would kick a fuss if she didn't get what she wanted, although it was pretty clear that in this situation this wasn't fair. 

"But mom, I'm not really interested in that. I really like art and I'm sure that if you're good at it that you can start a career with it." 

"Yes, but you're not good enough Heeri. Now stop being so stobbirn and blind and just take my advice, we both know who is right but you just don't want to admit it." 

You shook your head, deying it all. You were tired of this, this wasn't why you had came here and you also didn't want to stay anymore. Now you weren't even hungry anymore and you had no appitite, so why stay in a restaurant? It wasn't like anyone would miss you if you would walk away. So you raised from your chair and looked down at your parents. 

"Why are you always like this? Don't you want me to be happy? The only thing that matters to you is money and a good image. You're even too much caught up in that you don't even realize what you're doing to the people around you. Why do you make me hate you so much?" 

Then, without saying any other word, you turned around and walked out of the restaurant without looking back. You had no idea or what you said would have helped, it hadn't worked out the last time you did it. It was as if they didn't want to realize they were actually doing something wrong and they just denyed it. Anyways, this was already the second time you had run away from a dinner with them, would they still be that clueless? 

You ran down the road and bumped into a few people, but just went on without apologizing. That was of course until your shoulder hit the one of a person who was very well known to you. You both wheezed at the hard contact and looked up at each other with a glare. Only hers changed into surpsise while your only turned angrier. 

"Heeri-ah, are you okay? You look like you're upset or something." Hana asked. 

"Don't pretend to care Hana-shi, I don't need any pitty from you." 

She sniffed sadly and looked down on the ground. She seemed nervous to talk to you but you didn't care. It wasn't like you wanted to make her feel comfortable cause then she would start talking too much and she would think you had forgiven her, and that was surely not the case. 

"Listen Heeri-ah, I'm really sorry about what happened! I know what I did was wrong and that I never should have done it! I really regret that I ruined our friendship like that and I would do anything for you to forgive me so it can be like it used to be." You opened your mouth to reply but were stopped. 

""Heeri-ah! Come back inside! Your parents...." 

Baekhyun froze when he saw Hana standing beside you and your heart began to beat a little faster. Hana looked in between the two of you and slowly her brain started to make up a story that made her eyes widened in shock. You quickly shook your hands in front of you as defense. 

"It's not what you think..." You mumbled.