I Won't Leave You

The Teacher-Student Marriage

That night you woke up with a scream. When you opened your eyes you found yourself lying on the floor from falling off the couch. You let out a trembling sigh as you rested your forehead on your knees. The nightmare had made sweat covering your whole body and caused that your shirt was completely drenched. Your heart was beating like crazy as you tried to breath steadily. 

"What the hell happened?! Why did you scream like that?!" 

You lifted your head to see how Baekhyun was standing a little further away from you, his eyes wide in shock. You had probably woken him and now he was pissed, great, just what you needed. You shook your head and climbed back onto the couch, putting your head in your hands in the hope to calm yourself down so your head would stop spinning. 

Baekhyun sighed and walked over to you, slowly sitting down beside you. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms before turning his head and looking down on you. The only thing he could see was a girl that seemed completely off the map and who was feeling horrible. He bit his lip as he thought about what to do, it wasn't like he could just let you sit here like this. 

"Did you have a bad dream?" He asked 

You nodded slowly, trying not to move your head to much because your brain seemed to spin with everything you did. Your neck hurt from the bad pillow you had been sleeping on for the last three hours and your back felt like a wooden plank. This sleeping place wasn't improving your health at the moment but there was nothing you could do about it. You ran your hand through your hair and slowly sat back up. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" 

This time you shook your head and Baekhyun saw that your eyes were small and you looked really tired. He groaned but knew that no mather what he wasn't a monster so he couldn't let you suffer like this. He raised from the couch and walked away, leaving you by yourself again. You didn't give him any attention and didn't care where he was going, thinking he would probably go back to the bedroom because he was tired of you. 

But after a few minutes you saw him returning into the room with a towel and a glass of water. Your eyes widened just a little when he grabbed your wrist and pulled you off the couch. You stumbled behind him, your legs hardly able to carry your weight as you noticed he was leading you to the bedroom. You gave his back a surprised look, but didn't say anything out loud.

A relieved sigh leaved your lips as your hit the soft material of the mattress and instantly you felt sleepy again. Baekhyun saw your eyes close but stopped you by pressing the glass filled with water in your hands. You looked up at him with a questioning expression and he just rolled his eyes, knowing that you would be this clueless. 

"You need to drink lots of water when he have such a high fever like you have at the moment. You have to stay hydrated and that'll make you feel a little better. Plus, since I'm not a terrible person I'll let you sleep here until you're better. You should be able to sleep well so your body can remain strength to get better."

You gaped at him, left in awe because he suddenly cared about you this much. Instandly you felt you heart get warm by a feeling that you had never experienced before. You ignored it and kept your face straight, but deep inside you knew it was there, you just didn't know what it meant. You had never felt this kind of thing before when someone did something for you, maybe that was because no one had ever done something like this for you before in your whole life. 

"Now lie down and sleep, I'll just take the couch." 

You nodded and looked up at him. His facial expression was still unreadable and stiff but there was something deep inside of his eyes that told you something else. You crept under the comforters and smiled as they hugged your body. Your head fell onto the pillow and immediately your head felt like it was much lighter. 

You froze when you felt something clampy and cold touch your forehead. Your eyes moved towards Baekhyun who was sitting on the edge of the bed and pressed the towel he had gotten earlier against your skin. The cold fabric made your body relax and slowly your eyes closed again, falling asleep in a comfortable bed. 

Baekhyun dipped the towel on your skin and wiped your sweat away, seeing how the frown in between your eyes disappeared and how your skin relaxed. He laid the towel on the nightstand while keeping his eyes on you. Without him realizing it his hand lifted and brushed some hair out of your face.

As he realized what he was doing he immediately pulled his hand back and hugged it against his chest like he had just burned it. His eyes came big as he stared down on your sleeping figure and anglic looking face. He had never seen you like this before and you just seemed so innocent all of a sudden. He had always seen you while being in a war with him, and now he felt like he finally got to see the real you. 

He pocked his finger in your cheek for one last time just to see or your fever had gone down yet but sadly enough you were just as hot as when he had picked you up from the floor in his clas room earlier today. He turned his head and looked over to the clock on the nightstand. In two hours he would have to wake up again, getting his to school.

He sighed as he suddenly remembered the reason why he became a teacher. It was because he wanted to be someone who would let his students know he understood how they felt. He knew how it was to be stuck behind a desk all day long and he had just wanted to be that one teacher who would make the difference, but until today that still hadn't worked out the way he had planned it. His goal was harder to reach then he had thought. 

With one last look on you he stood up from the mattress and was about to make his way out of the room. But then something gripped on his shirt, keeping him from leaving. He turned around and stared down on your fingers which were squeezing his shirt. Then he lifted his gaze to yours, seeing you were staring directly back at him with tears shining in your eyes. He swallowed and tried to show off that he was annoyed, but truly he wasn't. 

"Please don't leave me..." You mumbled. 

Your voice was cracking from all the emotions that were running through your body at the moment. When you were younger you had always been alone if you had been sick. Now the only thing you wanted to ask for was someone who would take care of you, someone who wouldn't leave you behind for work or anything else. You had no idea why but you just wanted Baekhyun to stay with you, you would beg him to. 

"Heeri-ah, a-are you okay? What's wrong, why are you crying?" 

Baekhyun was beyond surprised by your sudden request and he was astonished that you were showing your breakable sight again and it made his heart twitch. Not because you were crying, but because he knew that it wasn't just this. You didn't want him to leave you, a guy you barely knew and you were forced to stay with. The only reason for that was that you were lonely, deep inside of you there was something that just longed for someone who would give you the love that your parents had never given to you. 

And suddenly he understood everything, it was like the last piece of the big puzzle finally fell onto its place. The person you had always showed him maybe wasn't who you really were. Maybe it was just a set up because of everything you had missed when you were a kid. Deep inside of you there was this girl who just wanted to get what everyone wanted, that warm feeling that you could only get from people from the outside world. And somehow he felt sorry for you. 

He had grown up in a really close familly. The one that told everything to each other and the one where there were no secrets. His parents hadn't had much money, they had been through hard times. But no mather what his parents had always supported him and had loved him like no one else had ever done. But for you that hadn't been like that, your parents had never been there. And since you didn't have any brothers or sisters you had always been all alone. 

Baekhyun bit his lip before nodded his head and took a step back so he could sit onto the bed again. He then swung his legs onto the mattress and stayed there. The first moments passed in silence, only interrupted by your quiet sobs. Baekhyun stiffened when your head snuggled against his upper leg and looked down on you. You just were so breakable that he couldn't help himself anymore, no one deserved to live like this. So he placed his hands on your back and patted it softly before moving it in cicles. 

"It's okay, I won't leave you." He mumbled.