Falling Again

The Teacher-Student Marriage

Today was going to be the first time in weeks you were going to see Baekhyun again and even though it made you nervous you knew that you couldn’t keep on waiting and waiting for doing this. It was now or never and once you went to school again you would have to be around him every day for at least an hour. You would have to answer at his questions, listen to his lessons, make his tests and hear it if he was angry at you for your bad results.

Simply said, even though you had been his girlfriend and he had hurt you, he was still your teacher and you wouldn’t let this rule your life. This wasn’t going to cause you to change schools so you definitely didn’t have to see him anymore, you weren’t going to let this ruin everything you had worked for. You were sure that in the end Baekhyun also wouldn’t want to let this get to far and he would also want you to be able to move on.

But right now you were in the bus, waiting for it to stop at the place you had to be, which was as close as possible to the apartment you and Baekhyun had shared together and where he was still staying. Your parents had suggested to take you there by car but you had told them that this was something you wanted to do alone. And that wasn’t a lie, you wanted to end this chapter and that was something you had to do by yourself, no one could help you with that.

It was nerve wrecking, the thought that you would be knocking on the door and that he would open it. It was going to be so awkward because you already knew that you would have no idea what to say to him, what did you say to the man you had broken up with not so long ago and you actually didn’t want to talk to while he probably did want to talk to you and had a lot to say.

The only reason why you were here today was because you needed your stuff back, you were going to go back to school next week. You were feeling well enough to go back, the pain was gone and you could move around long enough to survive a school day, that was if you could sit enough. The only thing you couldn’t join just yet was gym, your body wasn’t healed well enough to do that, but you wouldn’t miss it, you didn’t really like basketball anyway.

Softly the bell resounded through the bus and the few people who were joining you on this ride looked up to see you stand up from your seat and walk to the door which closed again as soon as you had stepped onto the pavement. You hid your face more into your scarf while walking down the road and seeing the door of your apartment block coming into view. It gave you a weird feeling to walk here again, you hadn’t been here in some time.

When you got closer you automatically slowed down your steps, starting to doubt if this was the right decision to make. Maybe it was too early to be here already, maybe you just had to send someone else to pick up your stuff for you so that you didn’t have to get in here yourself? But then you would be a coward, and the last thing you wanted to do right now was running away from your own problems, you were ready to face them, you were tired of running away.

You reached the white door and pushed it open, feeling the wind that had been blowing around you disappear which already made the air around you feel much warmer, although it wasn’t. The air around you felt thick and uncomfortable, it almost made you want to run away again as fast as you can. It wasn’t like you were afraid to see him, but you’d still be happy if you had your stuff back and you could move on from this all, with your stuff of course.

With heavy feet you walked up the stairs and tried to tell yourself that if this was over that it would really be over and that it would all be okay again. This was the last thing you had to do before you could finally move on form Baekhyun and try to like someone else, like your parents had told you to do. But even after all the time you had had to think about it, you still weren’t sure if this was really what you wanted for yourself.

Then you finally reached the door and your heart began to beat twice as fast as it had done when you had been at the bottom of the stairs. With a sweaty hand which was formed into a fist you knocked on the wooden door and waited for some movement at the other side of it. Your held in your breath to hear better and you could hear Baekhyun’s voice talking to someone before coming closer to the door.

For a short second you closed your eyes, preparing yourself for when the door would open and thinking about what you would say. But when the moment was actually there all the possible greetings you had been thinking about just a second ago were completely out of your brain and you couldn’t think of anything to say. Your mouth just hang open a little as you stared at the guy in front of you.

There he was, the man you had been trying to avoid for the past time and now he was standing right here in front of you while you had gone looking for him by yourself. The look he was giving you was one of definite surprise and awe, he hadn’t expected you to ever step by again and definitely not this soon. His eyes slipped over you, as if he was checking your state and wanted to see if you were really okay and healed. For a very long time it just stayed silent in between the two of you.

“Heeri-ah, I hadn’t expected you to come…” He said slowly and you nodded.

“It wasn’t really planned but I came here to get my stuff back, I will need them again soon. I hope I’m not troubling you or anything.”

As soon as you had said that he shook his head and moved to the side to invite you in. It was weird because actually this apartment was also yours and you could have just used your key and walk in but you hadn’t done that and had been polite. This was his house now, his home and so you had to do the same as every other stranger had to do, knock and wait for the owner to let you in.

“My parents and my brother are here, I’ve told them that you got hurt but I didn’t tell them yet that we…Well, that the marriage is off so. I would like it if you wouldn’t tell them yet, I’m looking for the right moment to let them know.”

You nodded, you believed that he hadn’t found the right moment to tell it yet, when was it the right moment to say something like that? But this was going to be awkward, you were going to meet his parents who thought that you were still his girlfriend who he was going to marry in a few months. What did you have to say to them, you had to be careful to not say too much because then you would ruin everything.

While Baekhyun closed the door behind you, you walked into the house, it wasn’t like you didn’t know the way. When you came into the living room you could see his family sitting on the couch, waiting for their son and brother to get back into the room but when they saw it was you, their faces lit up and they sat straight up on the sofa.

You could already see his mother her eyes being filled with questions which she wanted to fire on you, so that she could decide of you were a good person for her son to marry or not. Little did she know that you weren’t the one who was going to marry her son after all. But you had promised Baekhyun that you wouldn’t tell them so he could tell it himself and if you promised something then you did that.

With a slight smile, as convincingly as possible you walked towards them and reached out your hand, which they all excitingly shook before all making place for you so you could sit beside them. Of course you had to sit in the middle, right in between his parents and you felt yourself getting more and more uncomfortable with each second that passed by.

Even though you and Baekhyun weren’t a couple anymore, it still seemed as if the opinion his parent shad over you was important to you and you wanted to make a good first impression. You had no idea why you were feeling like this but you tried to act as normal as possible as Baekhyun got back into the room and blushed madly as he saw you sitting in between his parents.

“So, mom, dad, hyung, this is Heeri.” He introduced you and you nodded with a smile.

His mom turned towards you in a flash, ready to start firing all her questions to you and trying to get to know every single detail about your not so interesting life. You wondered if she had prepared herself for this moment, if she had already thought about all the things she was going to ask you from the moment she had stepped in the car at her house.

“Heeri-ah, it’s so nice to finally meet you. I feel as if I already know everything about you though, Baekhyun has told me so much about you already. Every time we called each other he couldn’t stop talking about you, he just went on and on.”

You had never seen Baekhyun calling with his mom at home, you had actually thought that they didn’t have such a close band anymore ever since he had moved in here with you, but apparently you had been wrong. She looked like a very motherly person, something that your mom was definitely not. But only by looking at her picture you had already seen that Baekhyun’s mom was the opposite of yours, a complete different person.

“That’s very nice to hear.” It was the only thing you were able to say on that.

“Yes, Baekhyun has had many girlfriends before but he has never been this serious about any of his relationships then this one. It’s so amazing to see, my son has finally found his true love like I did with his father.”

His mom gave his dad a cute look and they reached out for each other’s hands which they grabbed and squeezed. After all these years they still looked so happy together, that was exactly the kind of relationship you were looking for. You could feel Baekhyun staring at you from his place across of you and you did the best you could to ignore him, but you felt as if he was looking straight into your soul, it made your breathing become faster.

“What can I say, I love your son just as much and I am very happy that I’ve met someone like him. I’ve never felt anything like this before, your son is a very special man.” Not every part of that was a lie…

“It must be very hard for you, after all he is your teacher and you can’t talk about it with anyone. I hope that you know that if you ever want to chair your feelings with someone that you can always talk to us sweetie. Baekhyun told us that your relationship with your parents isn’t the best so.”

For a small second you thought about telling them that you had indeed someone who knew about your relationship and that you could talk about it with Yuri. But since Baekhyun hadn’t told that to them yet you assumed that there was a reason for that so you smartly kept your mouth shot while smiling up at her with a nod.

“Actually my parents and I are doing much better since my accident, we spend lots of time together lately. But thank you very much for your offer, I will definitely remember it.”

With that his mom sighed happily, it seemed as if you had passed her test. She announced that they still had somewhere else to go and that she still had to make the food so that it was time for them to go. They all thanked you and said that they found it a pleasure to finally meet their son his future wife before Baekhyun led them to the door and send them out.

A shaky breath left your lips as you relaxed against the back of the couch and tried to progress everything that had just happened. They had been your parents in law, who were still convinced that you were in love with his son although you didn’t think you hadn’t showed any of those signs. But you couldn’t deny that for a second you had felt like his girlfriend again and your reactions had just been natural, you had actually had fun while seeing his family after all this time.

It was just this house, this room and the smell of the air around you that made all your own feeling return and almost convinced you to forget everything and just come back here. You missed this cozy apartment which you had turned into your home during the past couple of months. So many things had happened in here and it had become a very special place.

“I’m sorry you had to go through that, I just hadn’t expected you to come just today and yeah… Thanks though, thank you for playing this game with me. I swear I’ll tell them, I’m just waiting for the right moment, they are really excited about this marriage.”

“It’s okay, it was very nice to meet them. You’re parents are very nice people.”

A short nod showed you his thankfulness about that command and again another awkward silence fell in between the two of you. To break it you raised from the couch, remembering why you had come her in the first place and that you couldn’t wander away from that mission too much before you would get out of this place without your stuff.

“I think I’d better get my stuff and go home, my parents would start to worry if I stay here for too long.”

He nodded and you began to walk to your room, the room you had been sharing together, with the bed where you had slept in together. It was weird to stand back inside of this room with him standing right beside you, his arms shyly crossed over his chest while not trying to get too close to you, thinking that you wouldn’t like it if he would do that, and he was very right in that.

So without saying anything you grabbed a bag out of the closet which was still filled with your clothes and began to put them inside of it, walking back and forth in between the bed and the closet. It only took a few second before Baekhyun gave up looking at you and suggested to help you pack, making your arms touch from time to time of you walked past each other. Each time your skin touched you felt a spark run through your body as if it was electricity.

It made you realize how much you had missed his sweet and warm touch and how much you were longing for it right at this moment. He was in your reach, only a few inches away from you and you only had to extend your hand to him. But you told yourself that it was wrong, that you couldn’t do that and that you had to stay strong and true to yourself.

“I think I’ve got everything.” You said while zipping up.

But when his hand landed on top of yours, stopping it from moving your whole body tensed up, as if it was warning you about what was happening. But no matter how hard you tried, you couldn’t pull your hand away from under his touch, it was as if your hand wanted him to touch you, in wanted to stay there. Very slowly you looked up at him and found him already staring at you, making your blood run faster through your veins.

“Heeri-ah, I’m so sorry about everything that happened. There are no words which can describe how bad I feel, how much I miss you every single second of each day. If you could just give me another chance… We don’t deserve to end like this Heeri-ah.”

God, how much you wanted to tell him that he was right, to say that your relationship indeed deserved better and that it shouldn’t be ending like this. That if you tried hard that you could just start over and turn this into the greatest and best relationship ever who everyone was jealous of, but you couldn’t. Something was stopping you from doing that and it was stronger than yourself. So you straightened your back while giving him an apologetic look and pulling back your hand.

“I’m sorry Baekhyun, but it doesn’t work this way…”

“We can do this Heeri, I’m so sure we can. You just have to believe in it, you have to believe in us.”

While shaking your head you could see him move closer to you, taking small steps into your direction, not too big because he didn’t want to scare you off. But the strangest thing was that you couldn’t make yourself to move away from him, you didn’t feel intimidated by the fact that he was closing the distance in between the two of you, because this was what your body carved for and you couldn’t resist it.

Before you knew it he was standing so close to you that you could feel his breathing on your cheeks which made you blush at how needy you felt. Your lips slightly parted at you looked up into his dark eyes, feeling as if they could look right through you. Your heart was beating so fast that you were afraid that he could hear it and you tried to calm yourself down, but he looked as if he was feeling the same as you were and it made you feel confident.

“Heeri-ah…”

The way your name rolled over his tongue, the way he said it made your name sound new, made it sound magical, like no one had ever said it before. He came closer once again, his nose touching yours and his lips rubbing against your own pair softly, making you hold your breath and close your eyes automatically. His hand climbed up until it was lying onto your cheek, his thumb pressing against your hot cheek while pushing his lips forwards so they were on top of yours.

His kisses were something you had probably missed the most, the sweet taste if his lips were addictive. Your arms circled around his neck and you could no longer hold yourself back as you completely disappeared into the perfect world of kissing Byun Baekhyun. Your lips slipped over each other, teeth currently hitting each other because you were being too wild. Before you realized it you had stumbled back and the back of your legs were hitting the bed, without hesitating you let Baekhyun throw you on top of it, getting lost in your own desire.