No Happy Memories

The Teacher-Student Marriage

When you woke up again there was already some light shining through split that was in between the closed curtains. It was reflecting on the top of your bed and it showed you that the place next to you was empty. You let your hands slip over the rumpled sheets and felt that it was already cold which meant that the person who had been there was already gone for a while. 

A groan escaped your lips as you your side. Your body was feeling numb from lying in the same position for several hours and it felt nice to move around again. You stretched your legs and wiggled your toes to wake up all of your body parts and then lied deathly still in the bed again, not feeling like doing much today. 

Some red numbers caught your eye and your head automatically turned into that direction as you wanted to know what time it was right now. It was 2 PM so you had slept for a really long time, even many hours longer than you usually slept when you had to go to school. 

You strongly believed that a body recovered the most while sleeping because that was one of the moments it didn't have to work much so you decided that the best thing you could do to get better soon was sleep a lot. 

But after all you also were a girl who couldn't stay still the whole day, that would make you so bored. You needed some movements and activities during the day because otherwise people didn't have to be surprised if you would get crazy. The idea of sitting at home for such a long time didn't sound nice to you at all. Plus, you were all alone and had no one to talk to. Eventually you would start to feel so lonely and sorry for yoursef that you would start talking to yourself. 

"Maybe I should just go to the living room, eat something small and watch some tv." You told yourself.

Deciding that was the best thing to do at the moment you slowly sat up straight in bed, feeling your head turn slightly because of the sudden move. You reminded yourself that you had to take things easy and not to do anything unexpected because that didn't have a good effect right now. The bed suddenly felt uncomfortable so you swung your feet over the edge and slipped into your soft and warm slippers. 

You quickly took the medicin Baekhyun had told you about before he left, thinking it was nice from him to mention that. He also could've left without telling you where the medicin was and let you search for it all alone, but he hadn't done that. Then you pushed yourself off the bed and decided that now you were out of it anyway you could also better make it up. 

You grabbed the sheets and shrugged them before folding them neatly together at the egde of the mattress. Finding this good enough you turned around on your heel and left the room after putting oped the window so some fresh air could come in. After all it was said that people slept better in a room which was refreshed. 

After the room was completely tiddy you walked down the hallway until you reached the kitchen. Truly saying you already felt a little better, but that was probably because of all the medication which was keeping the pain away from you for now. If the medicin would stop working you wouldn't feel this well anymore so you thought it would be smarter not to eat something which had a big impact on your stomach. 

You walked to towards the fridge and opened it with shaky hands, another sign that your body was still having some difficulties. Plus, your head was still warm while you were having goosebumps from the cold, which wasn't normal at all. You looked through the fridge and finally found some yoghurt with strawberry flavour. 

Before you opened it you still checked the expiration date because if it would be over time you definitely weren't going to eat that. So with that and a glass filled with water you made your way out of the kitched to the living room, about to ploff on the couch and to relax a little more. But when you saw a chair standing in front of the window you made up your mind and sat down there instead. 

You never really talked about it, but you really liked nature. It was one of those things you could watch for hours without getting bored. A landscape would always be flawless, because it was just how it was meant to be. It couldn't be ruined or made more perfect, it would always be honest with everyone and would never hide anything. Also was their always something new to discover since no landscape was the same. 

You could just sit here all day and take a pencil and draw the things you saw. It was a passion of yours but one your parents had assured you of that it was one you could never reach anything with. Although you had told them you would be able to make it work they always told you that you should try something else since you were smart enough for that. 

You never really had the heart to speak up against your parents. After all they only wanted the best for you and you had always thought they would only tell you those kind of thing to give you a better future. But were you going to be happier if you were a lawyer than when you were an artist? Why would you study law if you had no interests in it at all and would probably rather choose to die than to study that.

Wasn't it that parents had to let their kids do what they liked and what would make them happy in the end except of thinking about the succes she'll have so she'll keep the family name high? Because you were hundred procent convinced that was all your parents truly cared about. They wanted you to become someone who's name would be remembered and who would earn lots of money lik they did. You were sure that if you wouldn't succeed in that they would always be disappointed in you. 

Telling yourself that you shouldn't be thinking about those depressing thoughts while being sick you left your chair and decided to take a better look at the house. You had stayed here for two days now but you still hadn't truly seen everything of it even though it wasn't that big at all. So since you were alone and had nothing better to do anyway you went on invastigation and went to see what this place had to offer. 

You walked towards the couch and looked around, seeing if there was anything special beside the tv and the expensive looking furniture. Your eyes immediately fell on something your parents never would have left here and what wasn't yours either, which meant it must be Baekhyun's. You sat down on the couch and reached out for the frame which was standig on a small table that was standing beside the couch. 

You smiled a little as you studied the picture from close. It was Baekhyun with his parents and his brother and they looked adorable in this photo. They were all smiling, hugging each other like they were one big happy family. You realized Baekhyun must be close with them since their picture was already standing here, it probably made him feel less lonely since he couldn't see them every day in person. 

While holding the frame in between your shaking hands you reminded that you and your parents never took these kind of pictures together. You never even went out together, only for dinner in expensive restaurants where you had to be quiet and chic. They never took you out to amusement parks or zoo's or water parks. They never really gave you the chance to do things normal kids did with their parents. You had always been left home with the butlers and maids while they were working or having meetings. 

Tears formed in your eyes as you thought about how happy Baekhyun must have been as a child. He had a big brother who he could always ask for help, who he could always call if he had something to tell or he wanted to talk about. You didn't have any brothers or sisters you could rely on even though you would have wanted one so badly. Your parents found one child enough and didn't need a second because they didn't have any time for it. 

A sob escaped your throat and you shook your head, clamping the picture which was filled with so much love against your chest. You would have giving everything you had for parents who cared, for having someone who would worry about you. You would have given everything to have a life as Baekhyun's, to have a family like his. 

You closed your eyes and leaned your head against the back of the couch, trying to recall memories of you and your parents having fun. When your mind stayed blank more drops rolled down your cheeks, you couldn 't even remember doing something nice with them. With those thoughts you fell back into a deep sleep, trying to let all of it go since it made you feel weak and lonely.