Don't Forget Me

The Teacher-Student Marriage

You were walking down the stairs of your school, slowly looking around and staring at all the other people who were still wandering around, but probably for a different reason than you. You decided to lean against the wall while waiting for Baekhyun, you had no idea when he was going to come out but since it was extremely cold today you hoped it wasn’t going to take too long. Now you wanted to sit in his car with the heating on and you would probably never want to come out again.

A sigh escaped your lips as you looked at your watch and saw that it was now 30 minutes past five. If he would be quick you would still have some time to go and eat something, otherwise you would have to eat at home again, and you were a little sick of that by now. Every day you stayed at home and you had to keep yourself busy. You wanted to go out with Baekhyun and get to do different things.

Thinking about it, it was almost Christmas, your most favorite time of the year. There would always be pretty lights everywhere and all the beautiful decorated trees were visible as you looked inside of people their houses. It was a time of coziness and a time on which everyone tried to get along with another. You loved getting presents and having great meals with the people you loved sitting all together around one big table. And even though your family was busy, during Christmas they would take some free time and you would celebrate together, another reason why you loved this holiday.

Christmas was the thing that brought you closer to your family every year. It was that evening where you could have a nice talk with him and you would actually feel as if you were a wanted child. But this year of course, Baekhyun would also be there to celebrate Christmas with you. Maybe you had to buy him a present? Nothing big, just something nice and something handy. Just so he knew that you thought about him and that he was also important to you on a day like that.

A small smile covered your face as you imagined you and Baekhyun sitting together in front of the fire place, opening each other’s gifts. A blush warmed your cheeks as you realized what you were actually doing. The future you could have with him suddenly flashed through your mind, your heart making dreams with him in the center of it.

It already seemed as if you couldn’t live without him anymore even though you didn’t even know him for that long and you were only together for a few hours yet. How could you get so attached to one person? How could they play such a big role in your life that if they would disappear they would leave an empty whole in it? It was scary to think about, because if they would leave, then what would happen?  

You shook your head and told yourself that there was no need to think about something like that. You were just a couple from a few moments ago, he wouldn’t leave that fast already. He would first have to grow tired of you before he would break up with you. After all, there had to be a reason that you were together, so he had to be in love with you. That wouldn’t disappear in only a short time.

Your eyebrows furred and met each other in the middle of your face as you looked down on your watch again. You were now already standing here for 30 minutes and by now everyone else who had been walking around on the school field had left. It was taking long and you wondered if it was okay to go in and check on him, just to see if he was almost done. You were tired of standing in the cold and you were starting to get bored.

But what if he was in the middle of something important and you weren’t welcome inside? Or what if he would be on his way and if he would see you he would think of you as an impatient girl who would hold him on a string? You didn’t want to have the image of the possessive girlfriend. You wanted him to feel free and good while being in a relationship with you.

You weren’t someone who would tell him who to be friends with and who not…Except when you talked about Kim songsaengnim, you didn’t want him to hang out with her. She was a threat for you, with her pretty looks and her smart brain. Which guy wouldn’t fall for someone like that? Of course you knew that he would never do such a thing as cheat on you but it wasn’t him you didn’t trust.

“Are you kidding me?” You mumbled in frustration.

The sky was turning more and more back with every second that passed and it was getting colder, even though you hadn’t thought that had still been possible. You crossed your legs as you tried to keep them warm, this skirt was killing you. You had never liked your uniform, but in the winter it was even worse. You were tired of standing and you were now sure that he had forgotten you, there was no way he would let you stand out here for an hour on purpose.

With a frown glued onto your forehead you began to storm off the stairs, walking to the exit to walk home. In that way you would probably even be faster as if you had to wait for Baekhyun to come. He didn’t have to promise anything like this if he couldn’t accomplish it. It wasn’t that hard to remember taking you home right? Of course, he was busy and everything and you understood, but you also had your limits, and you thought that waiting for an hour outside was a good limit.

“Heeri-ah! Wait!”

You scoffed as you heard him scream out for you and it slipped your mind to just walk through and to pretend as if you hadn’t heard him, but than you would still have to walk home in this cold weather. So angrily you did turn and crossed your arms over your chest while giving him a disappointed and judging look. He smiled apologetically while coming over to you and stopping in front of you. You pouted as you watched him taking of his coat before he dropped it over your shaking shoulders.

“I’m sorry…I was on my way until Kim songsaengnim came along and asked me if…”

As soon as you heard her name and knew she was the fault from all of this you clenched your teeth together and walked past him to where his car was standing. That was so typical, Baekhyun always had to try and be the good buy, helping people who asked them for it. But he also could’ve said no to her and come to you instead, especially to her.

“Oh come on Heeri, you know I didn’t mean to. Please don’t be mad at me?” He asked while following you.

“Why did you have to help her? You promised me that you would take me home and I was waiting for you. You could’ve said that you were busy and you had other things to do instead of staying behind and help that over cutely acting Barbie doll.”

“Oh my god you are jealous aren’t you?” He asked with a grin.

Accept for answering him you just sniffed and began to walk again. It was a stupid question, of course you were jealous, but that was something you would never say to him out loud. He probably already read it off your face but you couldn’t care. You reached the car and pulled at the door handle. But suddenly Baekhyun’s hand prevented you from opening it. He turned you around and you noticed how close he was standing.

“You have no reason to be jealous okay?  She is just my colleague and I just wanted to help her with her problem, that’s all. Yes, I am aware of the fact that she liked me but I already made my decision, and that’s you. If I wasn’t clear enough you should tell me.”

You smirked at his confession, ready to use it against himself. Of course you also knew that he had chosen for you and that she actually didn’t matter, but still you didn’t want her around and you would more like to shoot her off to the moon so she was no longer a bother to you. But as long as she didn’t do anything she shouldn’t do, you would be able to live with her. But what was your was yours, and no one else could touch it.

“No, I don’t think it’s really clear, I think you should explain that once more mister.”

With a grin he shook his head at your childish behavior, but he wasn’t going to complain. You already tiptoed as his hand grabbed your waist underneath the blazer of your uniform. At this moment, the skirt didn’t feel that bad at all. He pushed his chest against yours so your back leaned against the car as he captured your lips with his.

“You are really cold…” He muttered against your lips.

A giggle escaped your lips and Baekhyun pulled away from the kiss while opening the door for you. You gladly excepted his invitation and steppe into the car, where the cold wind couldn’t reach you any longer. A shiver ran down your spine because of the change of temperature and Baekhyun noticed as he stepped in on the other side. He the heating before starting the car and driving off.

You felt comfortable, even though it was quiet in the car and none of you said anything, still the atmosphere was nice and warm. Your eyes were drew down as you felt something travel along your knee and upper leg. Your eyes fell on Baekhyun’s hand that was lying on your knee. A blush crept over your cheeks but you let him be, actually you really liked this and his touch was warm against your cold skin. Like that you stayed for the whole ride home.

“Gosh, I’m so tired. I feel as if I could fall asleep right here and now.” You mumbled as he parked the car in front of your place.

He chuckled and you both got out of the car. You could see your hot breath leave your nose as a white cloud and it made you shudder. You hated the winter, you hated cold, you hated snow, why couldn’t it just always be summer. As soon as Baekhyun opened the door you slipped in and went straight to the heating and stood against it. With wide eyes Baekhyun walked past you and put his bag on the table.

“You should wear some thick under that skirt, you’ll get ill if you keep dressing like that through the winter.”

“No, after a few weeks I’ll just get used to the cold, it’s just the beginning that it a little hard. In the middle of the season I probably won’t even feel the cold anymore and I also don’t get sick of it.”

“Okay, if you say so. But I did warn you so you better don’t complain later on. Now move a bit.”

He sat down beside you, his back leaning against the heating and he leaned back with a comfy sigh. You rolled your eyes before your legs gave in and you sat down beside him, you were tired of standing and the floor looked inviting. Baekhyun lifted his arm and you crawled into the hole he had created for you. You closed your eyes and tried your best to stay awake.

“I found something out today, it kind of shocked me actually, I didn’t see it coming.” You said while yawning.  

“And what is that?”

“It’s James…He told me that he doesn’t like girls, he’s for the men. He’ gay.”

It stayed silent at Baekhyun’s side and you supposed that he was thinking about what you had just said. His hand rubbed up and down your arm in a lovingly way and it made you aware of the fact that he was indeed listening to you and that he was not really that much shocked as you had been.

“Don’t kill me, but actually I did see that coming. I don’t judge him or anything but it’s just the way he dresses and speaks, it was just clear with him. I understand if you don’t feel comfortable about it but you’ll get used to it. Wait until he introduces you to his first boyfriend, then you’ll be overwhelmed.”

You laughed and nodded, he was right then you would be totally stunned, but also completely convinced that he had made the right choice, you just had to give it some time. You smiled up at him before standing up and walking backwards. Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he walked you walk away.

“I’m going to bed, are you coming or not?”

He smirked before standing up and following you to the bedroom.