Thinking...

The Teacher-Student Marriage

Baekhyun sighed as he opened the door of the apartment, the keys making a ringing sound as he turned them. He was totally worn out because of today. Everybody kept asking him if he knew anything about your condition but he had kept his mouth tightly shut. He had pretended like he was just as worried and like he didn't have a clue about what was going on with you while he was actually the one who knew everything. 

He closed the door behind his back, not knowing what he had to expect when he got in. He knew he had left you in bed last morning but he was sure you weren't the type to stay in there all day. He put his bag down and laid his keys on the table before looking for you. He started in the kitchen, seeing how everything was still looking neat and clean which told him you hadn't been there. With a sigh he the lights in the living room and froze when he saw you lying on the couch. 

You were on your side, your knees pulled up to your chest. He frowned when he noticed something wasn't right and got closer to you. Then his picture fell into his sight and he saw how you clenched it against your body, like hugging a teddy bear. Confusion got into him as he couldn't understand why you were sleeping with his picture and he leaned over to shake you awake so he could ask you about it. 

But when he studied you from close he immediately saw something wasn't okay. The dried up tears were still visible on your cheeks while your eyes were still red and puffy. Baekhyun's hand dropped back next to his side at the sight of you while he bit his lip. One side of him still wanted to wake you up to ask you what this was all about. But he knew that would be really evil from him to do so he convinced himself to let you sleep. With a sigh he lifted his hand to your forehead to check your temperature.

"Tsssk, she's still burning up. Why didn't you stay in bed, you babo." He mumbled at your sleeping figure. 

Then he carefully grabbed the frame in between your chest and arms and gave it a soft pull, trying his best not to wake you since he knew you woke up easily. Noticing that you were fast alseep and weren't waking up he put the picture back on the little table and smiled at the sight of his family. Realization hit him as he though about that, looing back down on your broken features. 

There was only one thing that could make you this sad. You must have been thinking about your parents once again. He remarked that you must be really upset about them since this was already the second time he had seen you crying about them. He eyed the photo once more, seeing how he hugged his parents with both arms while his brother was on the right. It had been taken a few years back on a vacation on which he had had lots of fun. 

With a big sigh Baekhyun loosened his look from his family and himself and crouched down in front of the couch so he was on your level. As unnoticable as possible he slid one of his arms underneath your knees and the other under your neck before he lifted you into his arms, carrying you to the bedroom so you wouldn't have to sleep on the uncomfortable couch all night. Normally he wouldn't have done that, but today he strangely enough didn't care about his own sleep. 

He made his way into the bedroom and laid you down on top of the soft mattress, seeing how the white sheets seemed to have the same colour of your plain skin. He chuckled as he saw you had done an attempt to make the bed and then pulled the blankets over you. It was a nice sight, seeing you sleeping in the bed without any worries. He hoped you would be feeling better tomorrow, as well emotionally as physically. 

He yawned as he saw you sleeping and suddenly got reminded of how tired he was himself. He seriously needed some sleep after missing much of it yesterday because he had stayed up with you. With one last glanse on you he turned around and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him and walking to the bathroom to get himself ready for bed, or as he could say it, the couch.

With small eyes he stood in front of the mirror again, realizing he wasn't looking as good anymore as in the beginning of the day. He seriously had to lay down and sleep because of he wouldn't do that he would probably fall asleep on the bathroom floor. So after brushing his teeth and changing into his pajamas he shuffled to the living room, half blind. 

He let out a content groan when his buttom hit the couch and immediately let himself fall back so he landed onto his back. It had been a rough day at school, many tests to correct, many students who had had hard questions and who hadn't wanted to understand anything of what he had said. Whining girls who had tried to win his attention while he wasn't interested in any of them. Then when his school day was over he had still had to go out to buy you a new phone. 

Suddenly remembering that he reminded himself to leave the phone on the table tomorrow so you would find it and you could use it. He hoped he had chosen the right brand and the right kind of phone because he knew you would be quite picky about those things. But he had done his job by getting it for you so now his part in this was over.

He his side and made himself shape into a small human ball, feeling a little more comfortabel in this position. He truly missed sleeping in a nice bed with a good mattress which wouldn't make his back feel like stone if he woke up in the morning. But he also knew he couldn't let you sleep on the couch as you were in this condintion. Maybe a second bed had to be considered, but your parents had also thought about that really well since there was no room for that.

Baekhyun lifted his gaze back at the frame on the table beside him, staring at him mom, dad and brother. He hadn't called them for a while so he had to do that tomorrow. He missed his family, more than he could have thought he would. His parents meant a lot to him so he found it quite normal that he missed them. 

You didn't seem to miss your parents though. He had never heard you talking about them before and that proved to him that you weren't really close with them. But he also knew that it was a sensitive topic for you and he wondered why it was like that. Normal people didn't find it that hard to talk about their family, unless something really bad had happened in the past. He had met your parents before, they didn't seen the best once but he were sure they never did anything wrong to you when you were little. 

Maybe it was time to have a heart to heart conversation with you. Actually he knew nothing about you although you were already his student for two years now. This seemed like the perfect time to get to know you, he was stuck with you anyways so he could better make the best of it. There was no reason to fight with you anymore because that would only make this even harder for the both of you. 

With one last look on his phone to check the time he closed his eyes and finally tried to relax as much as possible on the uncomfortable couch. He was happy that at least you were able to sleep wel and with a bit of luck you would feel better tomorrow. If he had to be honest...class was kind of boring without you...