Happy

The Teacher-Student Marriage

The door opened a little bit and even though you should have known that there wouldn’t be anyone else stepping into the room, you still felt a little bit disappointed when you saw it was Baekhyun. He had a very sincere and sad look on his face while he walked over to where you were sitting with a mug in his hands. It had been a long and exhausting day and actually the only thing you still wanted to do was to lay down here on the bed together with Baekhyun and cuddle until you fell asleep. But there were too many things on your mind, you wouldn’t be able to sleep well.

“I thought you might like some thee.”

He walked over to the bed and sad down on the edge of the mattress. His moves were well over thought and you could see he was trying to look as airy as possible. He tried to look as if he felt sorry for your situation and you knew he was. But deep inside you knew that his biggest feeling right now was relief and you couldn’t blame him for that. If you had been able to wear his shoes you would have done just the same thing. You smiled at him before taking the drink from him and feeling its warmth slip around your fingers.

“Thank you…” You mumbled quietly.

Baekhyun sighed as he swung his legs up and crawled up on the bed until he was sitting beside you with his back leaning against the head, wooden board. You watched how his muscles relaxed and how his hands rested on top of his upper legs. For a small moment it stayed silent in the room, as if you were still the only person in here and you listened to his breathing, the only sign that he was here. You had no idea what to say so you just sipped at your drink and hoped that he knew what to do next.

I feel very sorry about the way your parents reacted.” He then said and you smiled sadly.

“It’s okay, we both knew that one of them would react like that. It was also more logic to think that it would be my parents to react the way that did instead of yours. They never supported me before so I hadn’t expected them to do it now.”

As you had both known there had only been one family you had been able to convince to pick your side. Baekhyun’s family had chosen to take that part and you were sure they were going to fill that up very well. They were very kind people and were willing to help you with everything, even with the smallest things. But as soon as his parents had excepted, yours had turned your pregnancy into the biggest drama on earth. You were a disgrace to your family and it was the first time you had seen actually disgust in your mother’s eyes as she had looked at you.

You had no idea how to feel now. At one side you felt as if you had the right to be angry at your parents for not picking the side of their daughter, but at the other side you understood their reaction. At first you hadn’t been happy with your pregnancy either, even Baekhyun had been against it. But you had accepted it and even though it was bad from you, you still hoped that one day they’d do the same thing.

“I know that but I know that you still hoped that it would be different this time. That this time they’d act like real parents and would actually stand up for you like real parents do, and they didn’t. You don’t have to tell me that you’re hurt, I know you are.”

This time you didn’t answer and you frowned your forehead as you thought about what he had just said. Were you hurt by the fact your parents had let you down again? Maybe you were, but you had already gotten used to the feeling by being let down by those people. You had never known any better because that had always been the way your parents were. Maybe you still wished that your parents would still change one day, but you weren’t stupid enough to think they actually would. People didn’t change, they just faked.

“At least we still have your parents.” Your said while ignoring what he had mentioned before.

He noticed that you avoided him and sighed deeply while grabbing the mug and placing it on the nightstand beside him. Then it stayed silent for a while and you noticed how the light in the room was getting less and that there was a somehow darker glow surrounding you. It was slowly getting night and you were quite happy that in a while you’d be able to say that this day was finally over. There was nothing you could still do about today’s events and you just wanted to move on from it, go towards better times with Baekhyun and his parents, and your baby of course.

It had taken a while but now you could finally say that you were getting excited for this all to happen. You wanted to have this baby. You wanted to know what it would look like, who it would become when it would grow older. If it was a girl you wanted to send her to dance classes, wanted to braid her hair and wanted to cook with her. If it would be a boy you wanted to watch him play soccer with his father, let him play with cars and teach him to play chess.

Even though there were many people who thought of this as something that would ruin your younger years and that would be one big mistake because the chance was big that you and Baekhyun wouldn’t stay together, you were sure this was going to work. Baekhyun and you had already survived a set up marriage and had found a way to love each other. You believed that there was a bigger chance that your relationship would make it true because you had been through much more already than a normal relationship had.

With a big sigh you turned your body towards Baekhyun’s and just looked at him without saying anything. He did the same thing and just stared into your eyes, staying completely silent. It was almost as if you were speaking like that, just by the expression that was lying deep inside of them. After a few minutes Baekhyun raised his hand and placed it on your left cheek. You closed your eyes while exhaling and trying to enjoy this pure moment.

“Do you have any idea how beautiful you are?”

Without opening your eyes a little smile got all over your face. Moments like this were the ones you craved for and you wanted more of them. There had been so many ty days the past few months that all you wanted for now was to just enjoy life. You were sick of the hate that was around you, sick of the drama and the pain. The only thing you wanted now was to be happy and to be with the people you loved. With that your eyes opened and Baekhyun furred his eyebrows at your gaze.

“What is it?” He asked.

“I have to make a call.”

Not giving him any other explanation you began to look for your phone which you had left behind somewhere in this room when you had entered a whole while ago. He began to look over his shoulder and smiled as he saw it lying on the nightstand beside your coup of thee that your still hadn’t finished. Without asking you anything, which you were grateful for, he handed you the phone and you sent him a thankful expression.

Was it the right thing to do? You had no idea. But what you did know was if there would ever be a moment to end it, then it would be right now. There would be no other moment that would be more suited than this one to do what you were going to do right now. Maybe you would regret it tomorrow and you would find it stupid, maybe you’d be glad that it was finally over and you’d be proud of yourself. But that were all worries for tomorrow, and not something you could figure out right now.

Your fingers flew across the numbers and you realized that you had never forgotten the phone number. It was still grieved into your memory, as if you had never stopped using it. It was almost as if your body had less difficulty with all of this than your mind. But still you seemed to doubt before you pressed the button to actually call. Baekhyun was curiously trying to see who you were calling and you smiled before pressing the phone against your ear while listening how it went over.

He just sat quietly beside you while you were waiting and shoved a little close to you. Not so secretly you kept your eyes on him and you noticed how he began to across your upper leg, where your shorts ended. It was clear that he was bored and he was trying to find a way to keep himself busy since he had to be quiet while you were calling but he also didn’t want to leave. You stared as his hand as if you were hypnotized by it as you patiently waited.

“Hello?”

It was a voice you recognized immediately and for a second you swore that you could feel your body stream full with energy. You hadn’t realized how much you had longed for this moment because you had always tried to push your need for it away. None of you said anything and you played with the edge of your sleeve while thinking of what to say. It wasn’t until she repeated herself that you found the courage to open your mouth.

“Yes, uhm… Elena, it’s Heeri.”

Another silence followed and you understood why. You were probably the last person she had ever expected to call her again in the following years. You should have thought about this better. Of course this conversation was going to be awkward and you should have thought about what you were going to say to avoid these silences. Instead you cleared your throat and that seemed to shake Elena awake on the other side of the phone. You heard her breath in sharply before she started to talk.

“Oh, hey. I hadn’t expected you to call me…”

Just what you had thought. She sounded suspicious, but you couldn’t blame her for that. If you would have been in her situation you probably would have felt the same way. But you weren’t calling her to say anything bad, not today. Maybe if the timing would have been different you would never have tried to do this, but it had just turned out to be like this.  Your life was one big mess, and you were so tired of that.

“I know, I wasn’t planning to call. I just did.”

“Oh okay…”

This was the most horrible conversation you had ever had and you were digging in your mind to think of what you had to say. This wasn’t why you had called her. There was a reason why you had had such a big desire to call her and this wasn’t the moment to be stupid and try to say some things that didn’t make any sense. While watching how Baekhyun grabbed your free hand and began to play with your fingers you spoke out your next words.

“I think we should talk.” You said and waited for her to answer.

“Yes, I think so too. A lot happened, we have some things to discuss.”

At least she didn’t immediately say now like you had thought she would. But after all she had been the first one who wanted to make up and you had said no. But back then you hadn’t felt ready for it and even though not much time had passed since then you felt as if you were a different person now. This was the right time to try to forgive and forget, well you would never really forget but you could try. You could hear her breathe on the other side and you figured out that the conversation was over.

“You can meet me tomorrow, here at my place. We’ll be alone and we can talk in peace without people bothering us. I know that your parents are home so…” With that Elena laughed.

“Yeah, I guess you remember my parents, always interfering in other people their business. It seems the best idea for me to come to you. I’ll see you then…”

You bade her goodbye and with that you had up the phone. But instead of putting it away you held it tightly in your hands and let out a big sigh. Baekhyun had already figured out who you had been calling and a small smile was covering his face. He looked content and happy that you were finally ready to face your problems and to deal with them. He had wanted you to do this for a while now, but he had never pushed you to it if you weren’t ready.

Without saying anything he grabbed the phone out of your hands and laid it somewhere of where you had no idea where it was before wrapping his arms around your middle and pulling you against his chest. With a soft smile you pressed your cheek against his shirt and breathed in his smell, it never failed to surprise you. He put his head on top of yours and you could feel his nose digging into your head playfully.

“I’m so proud of you, you know that? If I think about it, there was so much you had to deal with and you never gave up. You’re a very strong woman.”

“I’m only a girl though.”

You giggled when you looked up at him and could see him roll his eyes as you. But the bright smirk around his lips and happy expression in his eyes made it all better. You weren’t only making yourself feel better by dealing with all of this mess, but him also. He brought down his head and sweetly pressed his lips on yours. He kissed you for a few second and you enjoyed the feeling of his soft lips before he pulled away only to press his forehead against yours.

Sometimes you wonder how you had ever been able to live without this crazy guy. You couldn’t think of a life without him anymore and you realized that at this moment, you were really happy. Maybe this was the perfect timing to freeze everything and to live in this moment forever. You closed your eyes and felt how Baekhyun nuzzled his nose against yours, it tickled a little. You had no idea how long you had been sitting here together, but it had gotten dark outside and it seemed as if it was getting night.

“I love you… I know I’ve done a lot of stupid things and that I messed up a few times, but I really do love you. And no matter what happens I’ll always pick your side. If you’d decide that you want to go back to your parents, then I’ll follow you and if you want to kill Elena I’ll come help you burry her body.” That made you laugh and you hit his chest.

“But it nothing of that matters. I’ll always love you, no matter what.”

It was only then that you realized you had gotten a little bit emotional because of this, and probably because of your hormones. A single tear rolled down your cheek and you felt his finger catch it before it could reach your chin. Then a little kiss pressed against your nose and you nuzzled yourself deep in the crook of his neck, where you felt warm, safe and loved. You let go of your breath that you had unknowingly been holding in and decided to answer him.

“You know, I’m happy. And I haven’t been happy in a very long time.”

The two of you then just sat there, in each other’s arms and you enjoyed the feeling of being pressed tightly against his chest and his hand rubbing the back of your head. It was so peaceful and you just forgot about everything, your parents, his parents, Elena and all the other things that were going on. A nice and inviting sleep was creeping over you and you closed your eyes slowly, a soft smile lingering behind on your face.