Defend Me

The Teacher-Student Marriage

Hana blinked her eyes a few times but her gaze still moved from Baekhyun to you. You had no idea what to say, your mind went blank and you couldn't make up something to make sure she believed nothing was going on in between the two of you. This looked so wrong and you knew it, what would happen to you two now? 

Baekhyun cleared his throat and suddenly rushed forward until he was standing beside you and in front of Hana. He looked calm, but you knew that was just a mask he had put on. On the inside he was freaking out just as much as you were. He gave Hana a polite, teacher smile and then pointed his attention to you. 

"Let's go back inside Heeri, you can't walk away like that while I'm having a talk with your parents. Your grades are important and I know you don't want to tell them about it but they have to know. I'm sure that they'll understand that you need some help with your studies." 

You tried to follow his story and then quickly played with him. It was indeed very smart to act like he was having a teacher-parent conversation about yout grades and your school. And although you hated the fact that now Hana knew your grades were bad, the most important thing right now was that she wouldn't thing there was something going on between the two of you and that no rumors would be spread. 

"I'm sorry Byun songsaengnim, but I just got terrifided for a moment. You know how my parents can be, they don't like it when I mess up my grades." 

"I know, but I'm sure they'll understand. Let's go back inside and then we'll explain then everything exactly the way it is and I'll help you with picking up your classes so that after a short while your grades will be back on track and you can prove them you can do good okay? Now say goodbye to Hana and let's go back." 

You nodded and without giving Hana one look you followed Baekhyun back to the restaurant. You didn't want to go back because that seemed weak after walking away like that, but now you had no other choice since the story made you go back. You were hobbling behind him and when Hana disappeared out of sight Baekhyun suddenly stopped walking. 

Because of that you bumped into his back and after that stopped in surprise, not getting why he wasn't moving. He turned himself towards you so he was facing you and gave you a look which said he seemed to be fighting with himself, as if he didn't know what he should do now. You had offended him so he could screw you for that now and bring you back inside, but somehow he couldn't do that. 

"Let's go home now, your parents will probably understand that you aren't coming back. Plus, I'm not really jumping to go back inside myself so..." 

With a small nod you let him know that you were fine with his desission. You could read of his face that he was pissed at you and that he actually didn't even wanted to save you right now, but still he did. Together you walked back to the car and you saw the lights flicker when he pushed the button on the key to open the car. The proces of stepping in and fastening your seat belts happened in silence, none of you two said something. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, you know, about the money."

It was out before you had realized it. You didn't want Baekhyun to be mad at you, not right now. He looked at you out of the corners of his eyes and he had a surprised look inside of them. He hadn't expect you to apologize and surely not so quickly. But the fact that you had put all your pride aside to do it made him soften a little and so he was capable of accepting it. 

"It's okay. Besides, I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have told you what to do. I don't know what happenes in between your family and so I shouldn't have gotten involved in it."

Now that you had both cleared the situation out the atmosphere in the car seemed much lighter and much more relaxed. But when Baekhyun drove by the street where your house was you blinked your eyes in surprise and turned towards him with a questioning expression. 

"I though you said we were going home? You already passed the street where we live." You cleared out. 

"Yeah I did say that, but now I think we shouldn't go home yet. I'm in for an ice cream and if you aren't than you can watch me eating an ice cream." 

"Yah! Have you ever met a girl who isn't into ice cream at any time of the day?" 

You both smiled and before you knew it Baekhyun had parked the car at a parking place at the ice saloon. There weren't many people, but thinking of the fact that it was winter and  there was snow outside that was understandable. People would probably think you were crazy for going out to the ice saloon at this time of the year. 

As you entered the shop a waitress came up to yo with a big smile, but one that wasn't meant for you. She was smiling widely to Baekhyun whole the time and gave you some glances from time to time. She showed you your table and gave you the menu before telling Baekhyun that if he was ready he could always call out for her. And Baekhyun flirted right back with her.

You hid your face behind your menu cart and ignored them. You had no idea why but somehow you felt jealous. Maybe it was because you lived with him and you didn't want to end up alone, or maybe because he was supposed to marry you and so wasn't supposed to flirt with other girl anymore. You shook your head and pushed the thoughts away from you. Baekhyun wasn't yours and you wouldn't marry him, he could do whatever he wanted. But then why were you still feeling like this? 

"Have you picked?" 

His sudden voice woke you from all your thinking and you looked up from your hiding place to see Baekhyun and the waitress staring at you. You blushed a little and nodded, as if you were afraid to actually say something. Quickly you told her what you wanted and gave her the cart back before folding your hands over each other on the table. You watched how Baekhyun did his order with lots of smiles and then she finally left. 

Your eyes followed her back as she walked away. She looked very feminine and her way of walking was really sensual, no wonder guys fell for her. Plus, she was wearing a short skirt, it was probably her uniform but she had washed it too hot what made that it was now much to small and too tight. You didn't understand that her boss allowed her to wear something like that, unless her boss was in love with her himself of course. 

Baekhyun tilted his head to the side as he watched you sitting across of him in silence. You seemed like you were upset about something and he noticed the sudden change in your attitude. You were too quiet for being you, it wasn't normal. It seemed as if even an ice cream wasn't able to cheer you up. 

"Heeri-ah, don't worry about your parents. I'm sure that one day thing will turn around and that they'll notice what they have done wrong for all these years." 

Your eyes loosened from the waitress to look at him. He truly still believed in the fact that everything was going to be alright. Well, you had given up that hope many years ago so he couldn't convice you anymore. You shot him a polite smile and then ignored him again just like you had been doing before. He sighed deeply and leaned his chin his his hand. 

"Are your parents the only family you have left?" He asked and he saw your eyes getting larger. 

"Yes, my grandparents died last year." 

"I'm sorry." He mumbled but you shrugged. 

"It's okay, it was hard though. My grandparents were completely different from my parents. They were such nice and sweet people, I loved being with them. When I was sad I used to go to them, because I knew that there they would cheer me up and help me." 

Baekhyun listened to your story with a small smile. He was happy that you had had someone who had taken care of you but he was sad because they had passed away. It must have made things even harder for you because your only support had fallen away just like that. 

"You must miss them." 

"I do, I really do. When they passed I felt so lonely, just because they were the only ones I still had." 

"But now your not alone anymore, you have me now." 

You smiled up at him and didn't quite now how you had to feel about that answer.But it was nice from him to say that, that was of course if he meant it. It wasn't like you were going to tell your life story to him, but a little chat from time to time would be all that you needed and it would be great if Baekhyun could be the person who would listen to you. 

But suddenly you saw the waitress appear at your table out of the corner of your eye and she wasn't really happy with the fact that you and Baekhyun seemed so close all of a sudden. She put down your ice creams on the table and with that she knocked over your drink. You gasped out loud and jumped up from your chair as the cold water hit your legs. 

As you looked down on yourself you saw that you were completely drenched. But the most horrible part of all of this was that she didn't even apologize to you, she apologized to Baekhyun. With a sigh you took a nakin and began to pat it on your jeans in the hope that it would dry a little, but jeans didn't dry that easily and would stay wet for quite some time. 

You were surprised to see Baekhyun stand up too and watch at the damage that had been caused. Then he blushed furiously for looking at a place like that. But when he looked back to the waitress his expression had changed, and he didn't look that happy anymore.

"You shouldn't say sorry to me, you should apologize to her." He said while pointing at you. 

"Gosh, I'm sorry okay." She mumbled while rolling her eyes at you. 

"Okay that's it, Heeri, we're leaving."

Baekhyun left some money on the table before grabbing your wrist and leading you out of the saloon. You gave her one last glare as you walked out and the door fell close behind your back. You stepped into the car once again and this time you would probably go home straight away. Baekhyun the heating and started the engine. 

"Unbelievable, that was so rude! Now let's get you home and get you changed before you get sick again." 

You stared at your teacher in awe. He was so caring and sweet, completely different than from the first days you had been with him. He had defended you in front of a girl he had first been flirting with, but then he had pushed her aside and he had picked you. It was one of the nicest things a guy had ever done for you. Baekhyun noticed your staring and blushed a little. 

"Is there something on my face?" 

Your cheeks turned pink as you loosened your eyes from his face and pointed them to the road. The last thing that you could do was create feelings for your English teacher, it just wasn't allowed. Okay, he was nice and cute and hot but that didn't mean anything. There was probably something out there for you from your own age. 

"No...No, there's nothing on your face..."