The Final Choice

The Teacher-Student Marriage

You were still breathing hard when you started to talk. You had to say it now, you couldn’t delay it anymore. It was now or never and it was the moment of truth. He could better be happy with what you were about to say, after all he had kissed you first.

“Fine Byun Baekhyun! You win! Even though you did stupid things and you actually don’t deserve it I still like you. I have no idea what you did to me but you better don’t screw it up this time because next time I won’t make it that easy for you.”

“Like you did that now.” He joked.

You glared at him but couldn’t hide the smile on your face. You noticed that you were actually happy right now and you were glad you had made the decision to give into him and to what you truly felt. At this moment nothing was important, you weren’t going to think about all the bad things about this relationship, you were only going to think about the positive things that were gonna come along.

“I truly though that you were never going to forgive me and that you’d never fall for me after what I did. Gosh, I still can’t believe I’ve been that stupid….”

You placed your finger on his lips to stop him from talking. You were tired of this discussion, it was all a part of the past now and there were more important things for you to think about. You had forgiven him for what he had done and that meant that there was no more reason to talk about it ever again.

“Just shut up…” You mumbled.

He smiled at that sentence and leaned in to capture your lips again. You smiled into the kiss and a giggle escaped out of your throat. Before you knew it you were laughing and everything that had happened before seemed to be forgotten. You nuzzled your nose in his neck and he wrapped his arms around you for a hug, this felt really good. 

You both sat there in silence for a while, just enjoying the moment that you could sit here, hugging each other and being like this. It was nice to lay into his arms like this without needing to hold anything back and having to doubt about everything, you wished you had done this earlier.

“If we stay like this I’ll fall asleep.” Baekhyun suddenly said.

You smiled and brought your hand up to the back of his neck. You wouldn’t mind if he fell asleep, he was cute when he was asleep. Baekhyun leaned his chin on top of your head before letting out a sigh. He was going to ruin everything by what he was going to say but he had to talk about it, it was something you had to discuss.

“Heeri-ah, what are we going to do now?”

You lifted your head from his chest and sat up on his lap. He was right, you had to talk about this. You pouted as you thought about your answer and felt how Baekhyun started to play with your hair while waiting for you. He was so cute, you would never get tired of this guy.

“I guess we should just be in love at home and when we’re somewhere else we should keep up the act. We can’t risk getting caught, we have to hide this. Oh, I did tell Yuri about us.” You confessed and his eyes widened.

“I know okay! But I was so confused and I needed someone to talk to! And I couldn’t talk to my parents, nor to you so I searched someone else and that person was Yuri. Don’t worry, she promised me that she wouldn’t tell anyone.”

Baekhyun shook his head at this but didn’t say anything. What did he have to do with you? But he was happy that now that you had heard someone else her meaning that you had decided to change your own and to give this a chance. If Yuri’s thoughts about this had helped you with this than he was happy that you had told her. As long as she would keep it still there was no problem about her knowing.

“It’s okay, she won’t tell anything so it doesn’t matter. What matters now is that we’re happy.”

He combed his fingers through your hair and you giggled. He shot you a questioning look, wondering if he had done something wrong and thinking you were laughing at him. But you quickly shook your head and began to explain him why you were laughing.

“Don’t you think this is weird? I hated you a few days ago and now I’m making out with you and we’re sitting here this cozy. I just have to get used to this.”

You pointed in between the two of you and his expression showed you that he understood. You had come from far and you had made it over a bumpy road. You were happy you had found each other now but you still had a very long way to go. But now that you had become this far you weren’t going to crawl back anymore and you were sure he wasn’t either.

“You have to go get ready for bed now, it’s getting late and we have to get up early tomorrow.” He said and you gave him an annoyed look.

“What? I’m only worried about you. I want you to sleep well so you’re fit tomorrow morning and so you will feel well. I’m not saying this because I’m your teacher, I swear.”

You rolled your eyes at him before getting off of him and stepping back onto the ground. He was right anyway, it was late and you were kind of tired so you could better go to bed now. You walked to the bathroom and just couldn’t wipe the smile off your face, you were really happy at the moment.

This was not what you had expected, you actually still didn’t know how this had happened. You had told yourself that you would stand it, that you wouldn’t give into anything you felt. But the kiss, it had just happened all by itself. At that moment it had felt like the right thing to do, and now it still did. You had made the right choice and you weren’t going to crawl back anymore. You were done with doubting, you were sure now so from now on you were going to go for it.

A relationship would always be a big responsibility and even more if it was one that had to be kept as a secret. But you knew that you had a chance to survive this, if you fought for it together than you would make this. It was like a test for you two, to see if your love was strong enough and if you belonged together or not, and you were going to take the challenge.

You turned off the lights as you walked out of the bathroom and made your way back to the living. Baekhyun had moved back to the couch, but something in his attitude had changed from when he had sat there when you had come home. He was looking happy, relieved and you were glad that he was.

With a small puff you sat down beside him and couldn’t help but stare at him, the TV didn’t seem that interesting anymore all of a sudden. It only took a few minutes before he also couldn’t concentrate anymore and shot everything off and turned towards you. Nothing had to be said, expression told enough at this moment.

“You should go to bed.” He mumbled.

“So should you.”

You leaned against him and he chuckled while answering your hug and holding you tightly. He sighed in comfort and put his chin on top of your head. You instantly felt that you could perfectly fall asleep like this, you were lying really good and Baekhyun was the best pillow you had ever slept on. So you closed your eyes and nuzzled closer to him. Baekhyun pulled a blanket from the back of the catch and threw it over you so that you were warm, it caused that you were asleep in only a few minutes.

Baekhyun stared down on you and got a few strands of hair out of your face. He had already known that you were cute while sleeping, but still, it felt so much different now. Now that he knew that you were his and hat it was right for the two of you to be here like this. He hugged you close to him before dozing off with you.