A Saturday Morning

The Teacher-Student Marriage

"Heeri! Wake up right now or we're going to be late!" 

You groaned to the boy next to you who was shaking you and who was trying to wake you from your groggy state. You looked up at the clock to see the time and saw that you were indeed half an hour to late for your normal school routine. But you never forgot to put your alarm, so you sensed that something was wrong, but then it hit you. 

"Baekhyun, you idiot! It's Saturday today! Go back to bed!" You yelled as you hit him with your pillow.

Baekhyun blinked his eyes a few times and quickly got his phone out of his back pocket since he didn't believe you. When he saw that it was indeed a free day he just felt so stupid that he couldn't help but blush. He couldn't believe that he had forgotten that even after sayin git so many times yesterday. 

"Oh...right, I'm sorry for waking you up then. Go and sleep some more." 

He turned around again and walked out of the room, leaving you in the bed. But of course because of the shock he had made you go through and the heart attack he had given you by making you think you were actually going to be late you were fully awake now. There was no way you would still be able to go back to dream land, he had ruined it. 

You sat up in bed and saw that the light that shined through the window wasn't looking quite normal today. It was so white, so clear and you were sure the sun wasn't suppost to be shining in this time of winter, at this hour of the day. So you swung your legs out of bed and walked over to the window so you could peek through the curtains. 

"Oh my god! Snow!" You squealed in horror. 

As said before, you detested snow, you hated it more than anything...Well it was actually number two, on one there was clowns, you hated clowns. But this was almost twice as bad, how could the world do this to you? Why couldn't one thing go right this week, why was everything against you? This just had to be a joke. 

Feeling your good mood drip out of your body you dragged yourself out of the room to see what Baekhyun was doing. Maybe he could find a way to make you forget everything around youself and to distract you. But when you got into the living room you saw he was lying on the couch with his arm over his eyes while his chest raised and fell regularly, which told you that he was probably already back alseep. He must have been really tired then. 

Now Baekhyun was also off the list so that meant the only thing you still had left was yourself. You would have to find your own way to get your mind off things and you weren't really good at that. Finding nothing better to do you walked up to the table where you had left your school bag yesterday. 

But there, on the table, something was waiting for you. It immediately caught your eyes since your name was on it. It was the test you had made yesterday and you already knew it wasn't going to be a good one. It had been about the classes you had missed so you hadn't understood a thing from it, and you found it quite unfair that you had had to do it, but there was nothing to do about it anymore. 

You pouted as you saw your score which was circled in a red colour and showed you how you had another fail. If you still wanted to catch up this grade you would have to work really hard for it and you would probably need to do some extra papers to get enough mark to pass. While feeling your whole self system going down once more you took place on a chair and got out a book from your bag. The best thing you could start with right now was studying, because you really needed it. 

This was actually something you could truly miss right now. You wanted to hang out with your friens and win Elena back from Hana and Sehun, but you had no idea if you were already too late or not. It just made that you couldn't concentrate on your studies while you were forced to do hat right now. The fact that you didn't understand a thing about what was written in your books also wasn't helping and you just had no idea what to do anymore. 

"Why is this so ing hard? Can't anything just go right for this one time?" You complained. 

"Maybe you should ask for some help when something isn't working out. You know Heeri-ah, sometimes people can help you better than you think, plus, I won't eat you, I'm getting paid to do this." 

You turned around on your chair and watched how Baekhyun was sitting up on the couch once again, telling you that he was fully awake now. You sighed and looked over you shoulder to see that you were still struggling with the first problem. You didn't like to ask for help, but maybe he was right. 

He chuckled as he noticed you biting you lip, thinking or you would ask him for help or not. He hadn't expected you to come to him out of yourself, but that didn't mean he was going to let you fail every time. It was clear to him that you didn't understand anything of it but sometimes you just had to ask him. 

"Would you mind?" You asked shyly. 

Baekhyun shook his head and then raised from the couch to come and sit next to you at the table. Because of his stupid action he was awake anyway and it wasn't like he had anything better to do at a Saturday morning. He shoved back a chair and sat down on it while taking your book from you and seeing what you were struggling with. 

"I am no math teacher, but I guess I can help you with some of it." He said as he noticed it wasn't English. 

You giggled softly when you saw he wasn't really comfortable with the fact he couldn't teach you his own thing but it was still nice he tried his best to help you out. He took a pencil and began to read the problems you had to solve but soon question was written all over his face. He gave you an uneasy look as he pointed the gum of the pencil towards your paper. 

"You learn these kind of things?" He asked and you nodded with a smile. 

"What kind of is this? Will you ever need this again in you life? It doesn't look like it to me since I've never learned this and I'm still alive myself!" 

"Well things changed over the years you know." You said with a smirk. 

Baekhyun scoffed and pushed the book a bit further away from him. It didn't look like he was still going to teach you math so you looked for your English book in your bag and opened it on the right page, the page you had last seen the day before you had become sick. This seemed more to be his thing so he began to explain you everything. 

You must say that getting personal classes from Baekhyun was much more fun than following them in school where all the other students were. Now his attention was only on you, he could change himself to your tempo and he explained you anything over and over again until you completely understood. This way of learning was much more to your liking and if you could you would ask him to do this everyday. 

It took him at least 2 hours of explaining before you reached the exercises and you had to try to make them by yourself. It made you nervous because somehow you wanted to impress Baekhyun and show him that if you really wanted and did your best you could also do well and so you just wanted to make sure your results would be good. 

"why don't you try to finish these and I'll go and see or we still have something to eat in the kitchen okay? Just call me when you need me or have a question." 

He walked into the kitchen and left you behind with your book. Would it be too much to ask to make this one thing succeed. Your eyes slipped over the words as your pencil followed straight behind. At least you got it this time you read it, it were no longer some words to you, you could actually make a story of it. 

But when suddenly your phone rang you were completely out of your concentration. You picked it up and looked at the screen just to see 'mom' on it. Although you didn't feel like talking to her right now you knew that you couldn't keep ignoring her, maybe she was calling you for an important reason even though you were sure that chance was very little. 

"Hello?" You mumbled.

"Heeri darling! I'm so glad I finally got to reach you, I've tried to call you for a while. Anyway, I was wondering or you and Baekhyun would like to go out for breakfast with us tomorrow. We just want to check on the two of you to see how you are doing and to see or you two are progressing." 

"Whatever mom." 

"Great! I'll text you the adress and just make sure you are there at 10 because mommy doesn't have much time okay. Goodbye sweety, I'll see you tomorrow." 

Before you could anwser the line went dead and your mom had hung up on you. You couldn't believe her, why was she like this to you? What had you ever done wrong to her that she had to be so distant, so mean and cold. You threw your phone on your book and rubbed your temples with your fingers. Great, now your mood was ruined. 

"Who was that?" Baekhyun asked as he came out of the kitchen. 

"My mom, parently we're going out for breakfast tomorrow, in the snow...my life couldn't be better right now."