I Hate Her

The Teacher-Student Marriage

“Good morning!” James yelled into your ear and made you frown at him.

“Shut up sunshine, there are people who aren't in such a good mood this early in the morning.”

He sniffed as he folded his arms over each other and watched you for much too close. You leaned away from him and were about to scold him for coming into your personal space like this, but then Kai suddenly popped up on the other side of you, also stepping into your personal bubble. These guys were so annoying, maybe this had been why you had been hanging out with Baekhyun these much these days.

Your relationship with him had made you think differently about things and about yourself too. He had made you more mature and adult, and now this childish behavior was no longer something for you, you liked someone with who you could have a serious conversation and who was…Like Baekhyun. It wasn’t that you didn’t like your friends anymore but you had changed, he had changed you.

“Ohh, someone is in a bad mood today. What is it miss, didn’t sleep well?” Kai started.

“Jesus, can’t a person have a bad day?”

Yes, you were in a bad mood but you couldn’t help it. Normally you would be with your boyfriend right now and you couldn’t go visit him anymore, it made you a little bit pissed. You knew this wasn’t their fault and you shouldn’t abreact this on them, but it was the easiest thing for you to do. If you could just go to Baekhyun for five minutes you would feel much better, but that wasn’t possible.

“Come on, we should go before we’ll get late for class.” James said as he pulled you up from your chair.

You grumbled something but let him lead you through the hallway. Being with them was better than being all alone. When you walked past Baekhyun’s classroom you couldn’t help but look inside. The door was open, so it wasn’t like it was forbidden, if it was he should have closed the door. You were curious at what he was doing and you just wanted to see him, even if it was only for a few seconds.

But what you saw wasn’t exactly making things any better, it only made things worse. If people thought you had been moody all day then now you would become a real . Baekhyun was sitting behind his desk, but that wasn’t the thing that was bothering you, it was the person who was sitting beside him, much too close to your liking. There was Hana, sitting behind your boyfriend with a huge smile on her face. She was sitting that close to him that he probably couldn’t even breath without touching her. And he wasn’t even pushing her away or anything, he just let her be.

You felt your blood boiling inside of your veins, that she did something like this was conceivable. She had probably already noticed that you and Baekhyun were a little close and she was going to use this against you. At this moment this was the perfect way she could hit you or mess with your life that had been quite peaceful for the last week, she probably hadn’t liked that and wanted to make sure that you wouldn’t become too happy. But that Baekhyun wasn’t doing anything about her and was just letting her touch him and all, that was making you want to kill someone.

As you walked by she turned her head towards the door, probably sensing that someone was staring at her. If looks could kill she would have been death right now, your eyes were spitting fire. But the only thing she did was smirking at you and it made you want to hit her in the face, again. You knew you shouldn’t be reacting like this, you were giving away that there was something playing in between you and Baekhyun since you were reacting jealous, but you just couldn’t help yourself.

Baekhyun noticed that she was distracted from her extra classes she had asked him to give her and looked up to see you walking by, eyes furious and blazing fire. His eyes widened a little as he thought about how this must have looked in your eyes and he silently cursed under his breath. You didn’t even look at him as you walked through and stomped to your next class, you wouldn’t be able to concentrate for the rest of the day.

“Excuse me for a second Hana…” Baekhyun mumbled as he stood up and walked to the hall.

“Heeri!” He screamed behind you but you didn’t react and just walked through.

“…”

He stared at your back as you disappeared in a classroom and closed the door behind you. He sighed in frustration and looked back to Hana who was still sitting at his desk. She shot him a sweet smile as she waved at him and blinked her eyes. It wasn’t what it had looked like, she had said that she was having some difficulties with the topic he had talked about last class, and as a teacher he had suggested to give her some more explanation. But he understood that you were angry, he should have told you about it yesterday.

You walked to your seat as you thought about what had just happened. You were so angry that your hands were shaking and your cheeks had turned red. James had even asked you if you were feeling okay and if you had to go see the nurse. You knew it was childish from you to react like this, he was a teacher, this was his job, teaching people. But still, this made you turn furious and you didn’t want to be.

You knew Baekhyun would never do something bad to you, and definitely not when it involved Hana, he knew how you thought about her and that you hated her. But it wouldn’t be the first time she’d be able to steal your boyfriend away from you, you also hadn’t seen it coming when you had been together with Sehun. Everything she’d do to get Baekhyun would make you pissed, and he had to be the unlucky one, because you’d also be pissed at him.

As the teacher was talking in the front of the room you were pressing on the button of your pen, turning it off and on 50 times in one minute to release some stress and anger. It couldn’t be happening that you were feeling like this and now you were stuck in history class. You had to throw with something, scream all the air out of your lungs, and now you were here.

“Hey, slow down there, you’re breaking your pen.” Jongdae said and you turned your eyes at him.

“Is everything okay? You’ve been this moody all day, did something happen?”

You shook your head, you weren’t in the mood to talk to anyone right now, and it wasn’t like you could tell him the truth anyway and at this moment you were sick of lying, you were sick of everything. You put down your pen before Jongdae would be right and you would really break it and leaned back in your chair with your arms crossed over your chest, blocking yourself from social contacts and shooting angry looks into the air, your teacher was probably scared of you.

Everyone stared at the door as a knock resounded through the room. When it opened your eyes turned into slits, seemed like someone had had enough tutoring for today. Hana stepped inside of the room and excused herself to the teacher, making you even more angry by what she told him.

“I’m sorry songsaengnim, I was with Byun songsaengnim. He was telling me about his lecture with so much passion.” She said with her eyes pointing on you and a grin plastered on her face.

You pressed your nails into the palm of your hands to restrain yourself from kicking her big out of the room and hitting the door in her face. She walked by your seat with her nose into the air and her shoulders back. If no one had been here you would’ve swept that horrible smirk off of her ugly face, but you weren’t going to get a detention because of her.

The rest of the class you just ignored her and tried to pretend as if you didn’t care, even though you cared about it so much. When the bell rang you grabbed you bag and walked out of the room before she had the chance to come and talk to you, you weren’t in the mood to deal with her right now, you didn’t know if you’d be able to contain yourself. When you saw the door to Baekhyun’s classroom you couldn’t stop yourself and walked inside, closing the door behind your back.

Baekhyun, who was cleaning the blackboard when you walked in, turned around when he heard the door close and looked at you in surprise. He sighed as he put down his eraser and walked towards you who was still standing against the door with your arms crossed over your chest. You knew your face wasn’t exactly looking pleasant but you stopped yourself from saying anything.

“Listen, I know you are angry at me but I ca explain. I was just explaining her out last class, it wasn’t as if I could say no right?” He said and you growled in frustration.

“Do you think I care about that? I know you have to do your freaking job and I know you have to help her. But I don’t think it’s a part of your job to almost let her sit on your lap and to let her flirt with you while helping her is it?”

“She wasn’t flirting with me Heeri, you’re making a drama of this.”

“A drama?! Well, I think you saw something else then I did! That’s unless if you liked the attention she gave you of course.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened at your accusation before shaking his head, not believing what you were saying. Did you actually believe those things yourself? He walked towards you and stopped in front of you, seeing how you tensed a little by him being this close. You were trying to stay angry at him, but it was harder when he was in front of you.

“You don’t actually believe that right? I didn’t mean to make you think anything like this, I know how the relationship is between you and Hana so why would I do something like that? I swear that I didn’t realize she was flirting with me since I was focusing on my teaching and not on her.”

You pouted as you heard what he said. Of course he hadn’t noticed, he would never do something like that to you. Now you felt even more bad for being this angry but you still hated that girl to death. If she would only stay away from Baekhyun and leave you alone, then your life would be like heaven on earth, but that would never happen.

“Why does she have to do such things? I just hate her so much…”

“And I know you do. You shouldn’t worry about her okay, she can’t come between us.”

You nodded and smiled a little as you felt your bad mood slip from today slip away. Baekhyun chuckled as he opened his arms and welcomed you in your first hug for today, god you had missed him so much. He pecked the top of your head as you wrapped your arms around him and hugged him tightly.

“I must say that you’re very cute when you’re jealous though, I had no idea you loved me that much.” He joked.

“Shut up Baekhyun…”