Under The Same Roof

The Teacher-Student Marriage

You were walking home, as always. You knew the way to the new apartment and it wasn't that far from your old one. You could visit Elena any time if you wanted and for you that was a lucky thing. You weren't sure how long you were going to be able to live under the same roof as Byun Baekhyun. 

What he had said had scared you a little. He would deal with you at home, what the hell did he mean with that? He was probably just trying to make you scared and you would never show him that you were. This man was not going to see you weak and you were not going to break your apperance in front of him. You would always stay the untouchable Heeri.

You kicked against a little stone that was lying in your way and you flinched when it hit a car. You walked faster, but not to fast because you didn't want to look like you did it and just hoped that the owner of the car didn't notice it until he was home and wouldn't have a clue about who had done it. 

You stopped when you saw a big apartment building. At least your parents hadn't lied about this thing. The apartment wasn't that big at all and it was just big enough for two people, maybe three if it was a really small person, but that was something you surely didn't want to think of. 

You entered the building and immediatly noticed how clean it smelled. You decided to take the stairs, just because you didn't have a thing for elevators and to test your stamina. When you got at the 5th floor you noticed it wasn't as good as it used to be. Maybe you had to start working out again. Just to show off in front of Baekhyun and to look like you were an active girl. 

You searched for the key that your dad had given to you and opened the door. It was cozy and warm, an atmosphere you weren't used to. Even the apartment you had shared with Elena hadn't been able to give you this kind of feeling. 

You let your hand slid over the fabric of the leather couch and eventually sat down on it. This house was so small and it was made for people to walk into each other. You had no idea why but it caused you to get a lump in your throat. You had always lived in a big house, one that was made not to see each other. 

This made you realise your parents had never wanted to care about you at all. Their house was big, so you had had room enough to play, even though you had always had to play by yourself. They hadn't wanted to run into you and having you ask to play with you. Your house had always gave you that cold and lonely feeling. 

You shook your head and got the emotions off of you, you couldn't let this get to you right now, it wasn't important anymore. You had learned how to live without your parents, you didn't need them anymore. You were independent and you were perfectly fine without them to take care of you. 

You lifted yourself from the couch and hobbled through the house, giving it a little inspection. Your conclusion was that you couldn't say anything bad about it, it was the nicest place you had ever stayed in. You just hoped that the person who had to stay in it with you would also change his attitude a little. 

The last encounter hadn't been such a good one and you were afraid that things were only going to get worse between the two of you. You would have to look onto each other's faces from now on everyday, in class and at home. You had no idea how this was going to end, with one of you death or the both of you. 

You just hoped he didn't expect anything from you. You weren't going to play his little wife that did everything for him, he was the oldest one, he had to solve it. You weren't going to pretend like you were in love with him and like you liked him and you were definitely not going to show any affection towards him. 

You walked into the bathroom and decided that you seriously needed to relax. Your muscles were tensed from the stress you were having at the moment and you were tired and hungry. Your mood wasn't the best during those times so you just went to take a relaxing hot shower. 

You made sure to lock the door behind you as you entered the bathroom, just in case Baekhyun might come home and had to use the bathroom. You didn't want him to see you because then you would be so embarrassed. Not that you weren't proud of your own body but just...nooo.

You changed out of your clothes and walked into the shower, closing the glass door behind you. This was exactly what you needed right now. The nice water made your problems fade away and they washed off of you together with today's sweat. You probably had never enjoyed a shower as much as you did right now. 

When you were done you turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, only to figure out that you did't have any clean undergarments or a pyjama. You didn't have anything to wear and you had to get out of this bathroom once in your life. 

It was then that you heard little sounds coming from outside. You probably hadn't heard them in the shower because of your own singing and the flowing water, but you were no longer alone in this apartment. This of course made the situation only even more horrible. Baekhyun was home and you didn't have any clothes. 

You sighed deeply and convinced yourself he would be busy in the kitchen or something and he would never see you like this. You just had to sprint into your room and get dressed, and he would never know a single thing about this. 

You took your towel and wrapped it around yourself, seeing how it covered everything that was truly necessary. You took another deep breath before opening the bathroom door and leaning your head around the corner to look into the hall. Everthing seemed clear, no man in sight. You tiptoed further and closer the door softly behind you, inside already celebrating your vicroty, but these stories never last long. 

"Yah! What took you this long in the bathroom? I have to go to the toilet and..." 

His voice faded away as he ran in the hall and his eyes fell on you. You looked back at him with big eyes and a blush over your cheeks. A damped towel was covering you but it was only reaching just under your . Your hair was tied up into a messy bun on the top of your head. 

Before anyone could say anything else he realised he was checking out his student right now and so Baekhyun quickly turned around so his back was facing you. His face was now as red as a tomato and yours wasn't looking much different. Why did he always have to show up at the wrong moments?

"G-go and get some clothes on! What makes you think you can run around half ? You live with a guy now, you should change your habits." 

Then he walked back to the kitchen, leaving you stunned in the middle of the hall. Great, now this guy thought you enjoyed running around like this. Then your body reacted again and you sprinted inside of your room, smashing the door behind you. 

Your teacher had just seen you like this, and you must say you looked okay though, but still. You let out a frustrated squeal and threw your towel on the ground angrily before jumping on top of it. You were just feeling so embarrassed right now that you wanted to sank into the ground. 

You quickly got dressed and got out again, acting as normal as possible when you reached the kitchen. Baekhyun was standing there and it looked like he had cooked something since the table was filled with dishes. You looked down on it and found it quite impressive for a guy. 

Baekhyun cleared his throat and that made your eyes fly up at him. He was leaning with his back against the counter, his arms crossed over his chest, making him look like he didn't want to have any contact with you at all. You both looked at each other in silence before he moved and sat down at the table. 

"Sit down and eat, it's not like I made this much for myself only right?" 

You sniffed at his arrogant way of speaking to you and sat down across of him. At least he though of you and he didn't let you starve. You picked up your chopsticks and ate whatever you could reach, you didn't really care about the taste anymore. 

The atmosphere during dinner just felt so icy and cold. None of you wanted to be the first one to break it and you were both too stubborn to give in. So you just ate in silence and you said to do the cleanings since he had cooked and he agreed without any discussion. He left the kitchen as soon as he was finished even though you were still eating. 

You sighed heavily and suddenly you didn't feel hungry anymore. You didn't want to be here at all and you just wanted to run to Elena right now. You cleaned the plates and put everything back in place. You left the kitchen completely clean and then went to look for Baekhyun. 

He was sitting on the couch and you cleared your throat to make him notice you were ready. But instead of that, you had perantly scared him a little since he flinched a little and looked up at you with big eyes. You pressed your lips together in order not to giggle. 

"I'm going to do my homework and stuff. I'll probably go straight to bed after so I won't come down anymore..." You said. 

Baekhyun just nodded and looked at you before fixing his eyes back onto the screen and not giving you any more attention. You pulled a face at him and then turned around, running up to your room. Before you were out of his reach you still said something, hard enough so he understood it, 

"Arrogant ." You mumbled. 

Baekhyun looked after you with widened eyes and those then turned into little slids. He was going to make sure to make you pay for that tomorrow. You shouldn't forget that at school he was the powerful one and you had to listen to everything he said. There, he was the boss...