8

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 8


Se Yi

I pulled out from the hug. No, this can't be..

'No.. Don't..'

"Why? Can't I like you?"

'No, Don't oppa.. I don't want you to be hurt..'

"Why? Do you like Lay?"

'No oppa.. You're getting it wrong.. I like you too but no.. We can't..' tears started to fall from my eyes.

"Why?"

'I'm afraid. You'll only be hurt oppa.. I'm not ready for this.. As much as I want to be with you, I can't. I love you so much and I don't want you to be hurt.'

He smiled. "I love you too Se Yi. And I'm glad to know that you do too." he tucks my hair on my ear and caressed my cheek. "I understand if you're not ready for this. But I'm willing to wait. No matter how long it takes."

'Don't.. You deserve someone who's way better than me.'

"No Se Yi. I don't need anyone rather than you. You don't know how fast you made my heart beat the time I first saw you. I love you Se Yi. Very much."

I cried some more. I don't know what to do. I don't want to let go of him. Not now. But, I'm scared. What if something happens again? I don't know what I'll do.. I'm scared to death. After what happened to mom, I'm scared of what will happen to my life the moment I open my eyes. I'm not the author of my own life anymore. I'm just letting fate write it for me..

'No.. Please don't..' I said then left.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I placed my earphones on and started walking. I decided to take a breather. I can't stay in my room that long. After what happened to me and Sung Gyu oppa yesterday? I think I'm going nuts. I stopped on my track when I heard a rumbling sound up in the sky.

No. No! Don't rain! I don't have my umbrella! Right. As if the clouds will hear me. I sighed and felt drops on my head. Shoot! The rain immediately pours and I scan the place looking for a place to go. A phone booth! I ran towards the booth and opened it. I motioned myself inside and sighed in relief. That's a close one.

"Shin Se Yi?" I gasp and turned around.

"Oh my god." he looked at me.

"You spoke again." I didn't reply.

I was too surprised to see Sung Gyu oppa. Out of all people that I can see inside a phone booth, why him? Oh my god why now?! I'm in front of him soaking wet because of the rain.

He didn't say another word and grabbed my hand then opened the umbrella. We motioned ourselves at his car. I froze when he opened the back door for me. He knows that I can't seat in the front seat. He reached something at the seat beside him and handed it to me.

"Wrap this on you or you'll catch a cold."

I took the coat and wrap it around my body. He didn't talk while he drive so it makes me feel nervous and awkward.. I guess I said something that made him mad at me yesterday.

"Oh?" I muttered seeing a familiar place. Is he bringing me at his house? I looked at him as he parks his car on his driveway and turned his engine off.

Okay, calm down Shin Se Yi. Nothing's going to happen. You’re just wet because of the rain that's why.

"Let's go." he opened the door and grabbed my hand. My heart started to beat fast as soon as he placed his hand on my hand. I stiffened a bit as we walk inside their house.

As soon as we got in, he threw his keys at the coffee table and headed straight to the kitchen. I scanned the place and it seems that Myungsoo's not here. Oh god. I needed him here the most.

"Go straight to the bathroom and take a bath. I'll go get you something to wear and a towel. You'll get sick in those clothes."

'You don't have to do this. You should've just brought me back home.'

"I want to do this Se Yi. Now go and shower up. I'll be mad if you get sick."

I sighed in defeat and headed straight to the bathroom. I turned the shower on and let the water pass through my body. I placed my face in front of the shower and slightly drown myself. I'm going crazy right now. Why do I have to bump into him out of all people?! I took my time in the shower and started to clean myself.

After who knows how many minutes I've spent inside the freaking shower. I stepped outside and a towel and a pair of clothes. The clothes surprised me the most. It's MY OWN clothes. How the hell did it get in here? I rolled my eyes and placed my clothes on. After dressing up, I headed downstairs and saw Sung Gyu oppa cooking.

He turned to me and slides a mug to me. I grabbed it and saw chocolate drink inside. I looked at him and he eyed the mug.

"Drink up."

'I'm alright really.'

"Seeing you soaked in that rain freaks me out the most. Just drink it for me Se Yi and help me be at ease here."

I nodded and drink it up eyeing him while he cooks. I hate the fact that he cares for me the most. It makes me fall for him even more and that's the last thing that I wanted. Well, half of me don’t. I'm going to go crazy.

"Eat." he places food in front of me and sat at the chair across.

'Oppa-'

"I know Se Yi. I'm just doing this because I want to be rest assured that you're okay. Don't worry. If you don't want me to wait for you," he stopped and looked away. "I won't."

I don't know why but I'm a bit upset with what I have just heard. I know I have to be glad that he won't force himself to me anymore, but the fact that he admitted that he will let go hurts the most. It will be for the best right? I just know it will be.

'I'm done eating.. I have to go now.' I stood up and pick up my things.

"Se Yi, wait." I looked at him and he went upstairs to, I guess get something? He came back with an umbrella and a jacket in his hands. "Wear this."

'I'm really fine-'

"Please? I know you won't let me take you home. So please wear this at least." I sighed in defeat. I took the jacket and wear it.

'Thank you.' he smiled and nodded. But the smile that I'm seeing right now is different.

I motioned myself to the door and opened the umbrella. The rain hardly stopped.

"Se Yi." he called me for the last time and I turned back. "Be careful."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

I sighed and threw myself on my bed. Ugh. What have I done? I only made things worse for us. I should've said that I like her. I'm the worst.

I heard a knock on my door and saw Myungsoo leaning against the door frame. "What do you want? I'm not in the mood."

"What's wrong?" he sat beside me and stared.

"I told you already.."

"Oh that? Come on hyung, just give her time. Se Yi's just afraid of losing you."

"No. You don't understand. I already told her that I won't wait for her."

"Why the hell did you say that?"

"Because she doesn't want me to."

He sighed and held my shoulders making me face him. "Will you really do that?"

I stared at him not knowing what to say. Will I really?

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

I sighed and opened the notebook where we wrote our story. I wanted to write one today so I grabbed my pen.

I re-read what I have written and closed the notebook. I'll just have to give this to him tomorrow.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

As our literature class goes on, my mind absorbs nothing. Absolutely nothing. I just want to look at Se Yi as much as I can because I know that if this class ends, I won't have a reason to be with her since she has class next. The bell rang and I sighed in defeat. I stood up in my seat and left.

"O..Oppa!" I froze. Se Yi called me. I stopped and looked back at her. "H..Here."

She's talking. Sh*t she's talking!!!! She handed the notebook to me. "You.."

"I..I'm sorry. I didn't mean things to be awkward between us.. And... I thought I have to learn how to communicate at least.. I promise I won't use sign language or my phone to talk again so please oppa.. D..don't do this.. Let's act like how we used to-"

I grabbed her arm pulled her with me as we take the stairs up to the rooftop. I opened the door and I pinned her against the wall then glared at her. I felt the notebook fell on our feet but I ignored it. Who cares about that damn notebook right now?! "You think I can act like how we used to be? Now that I know how you felt about me? And how I felt about you? Damn Se Yi! I love you so much ,you think I can act the same again?!"

Tears escaped through her eyes as she stares at me. "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.."

I pulled her to a hug and buried my face on her hair. Those sorries just hurts me so much. "Please Se Yi. Stop saying that.." I pulled out and wiped her tears away. "Just let me wait for you until you're ready."

"You can't... I know you can't.. You deserve more than me.."

"I don't deserve anyone else but you Se Yi." I kissed her forehead and smiled. "Now please let me wait for you."

"Arasso.."

"Thank you. And I love you."