Chapter 19

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 19


Se Yi

I stared at Myungsoo while he eats. He eyed me a weird look and stopped.

"You're giving me creeps Se Yi. What is it?"

"Are you really fine?" I asked.

"Yes. You asked that for the 8th time."

I sighed. "I'm sorry.. It's just.."

"Myung, she's just worried about you okay?" Sung Gyu oppa replied.

"All of you are. Like I said, I'm alright okay?"

"But-" I flinched when I felt something on my hand. I looked and saw Sung Gyu oppa holding it.

"Myung, we're going to grab some lunch. Namu's on his way here. We'll be back."

Myungsoo grinned. "Okay. I know you want her for yourself hyung." I widen my eyes and flushed.

Oppa laughed. "We'll be going then."

He pulled me out of the room and closed the door. "We're going for a lunch?" I asked.

"Well if you want to. I just said that because I want you to go and take a rest. You've been here for a while now Se Yi."

"I'm fine oppa. Let's just eat. You haven't eaten anything either right?"

"Well, yeah."

"Okay. Let's go. My treat!"

"No. My treat." he smiled and said.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"He what?! I thought it will take more than two years to have his parole!" Jinhee exclaimed.

"Well I don't know why but he's released yesterday." her dad replied.

"Oh no Dad! Se Yi's in trouble!"

"I know. That's why I'm asking you where she went. She's not picking her phone up."

"Don't worry Dad. I'll try to call Sung Gyu oppa. Maybe she's with him. I'll call Mom too."

"You'll what?"

Jinhee's eyes widen. Her tongue slipped. She promised Se Yi that she'll keep it as a secret that Se Yi stayed at their mother's home. What he knows is that Se Yi stayed at a friend's house for academic purposes. Jinhee pinched herself as a punishment and mentally slapped herself. *OH GOSH YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT JINHEE!!* She thought.

"Hey kid. Spit it out. What did you just say? Se Yi met Se Mi?"

"No, I'm not saying anything!"Yoojun raised his eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"Really huh?"

"Uggh! I hate you Dad!!"

"Spill it."

Jinhee sighed. "She stayed at Mom's place the time that you know that she's at a friend's house. We found Mom accidentally and told Se Yi where she is. And due to the unexpected actions of Se Yi, they met."

"WHAT?!!!" Yoojun exclaimed standing from his seat. "Oh young lady, you're grounded!"

Jinhee gasped. "What?! Why?!! Dad!!"

"Oh, so now you're asking me why? Well let me tell you! First, you made me think that she's at a friend's house and second, you found Se Mi without even telling me!"

"Oh come on Dad! It's not that of a big deal!"

"No Jinhee! It is a big deal!"

"But Dad-"

"I don't want to hear anymore of your reasoning Jinhee! Go to your room and  give me your phone!"

"Oh my god! You are not getting my phone!"

"Try me." Jinhee growled and gave in. "Now go. I'll go and get Se Yi up."

"Uggh!!" Jinhee said and stormed into her room.

Yoojun watched her and sighed. Running his fingers through his hair in frustration, he groaned. "Se Mi, so you've met them huh?"

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

"What?" I asked as Se Yi placed a spoonful of bibimbap in front of my mouth.

"Eat."

"I have my food." I replied.

"This is your food. I'm helping you eat it. Now eat." I laughed.

"Se Yi, I have hands."

"I know. But you’re not using it that's why I'm doing it."

"Se Y-"

"Oppa, I know that you're worried about Myung that's why you're like that. But please don't let others worry for you too. You know Woohyun's worried. And.. I am too."

I smiled. I felt my heart skip a beat. "Then I'll eat. I don't want others to worry about me."

She smiled at I took the bite. It feels nice that she's worrying about me. I'm happy. Even though it's like this, it's enough for me.

"Oppa?"

"Yeah?"

"Keep smiling. I like it when you smile."

I smiled. "I like it when your eyes are on me too."

Se Yi

"I like it when your eyes are on me too." I flushed. Oh my gosh, why did I say that?!!

I cleared my throat and looked away. I told myself that I'll just forget about anything but I just can't.

We both flinch in surprise when we heard my phone rang. I chuckled and answered it. "Hello?"

"SHIN SE YI WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

"Dad? What's wrong? Why do you sound-"

"Just tell me where the hell you are!!"

"Ah, I'm at the hospital.."

"WHY?! DID SOMETHING HAPPEN?!"

"No Dad.. I just visited Myungsoo.."

"Myungsoo? Why?"

"He collapsed.. But why do you sound so agitated?"

"Just wait for me there. Are you with someone?"

"Yeah. Sung Gyu oppa's with me."

"Give him the phone."

"Eh?"

"Just give him that phone Se Yi."

"Uh.. Okay.." I looked at Sung Gyu oppa and gave him the phone. "He wants to talk to you.."

"Who? Yoojun-ssi?" I nodded. "Okay."

He took the phone from me and looks at him confused. He sound surprised. What is he telling him?

"I get it. I will don't worry." he hangs up and gave my phone back.

"What's wrong?"

"Finish eating. He said he'll be here in an hour. Let's just wait for him here."

"No need oppa. I can wait by myself."

"No. I'll stay."

And that's it. No matter what I say, he insists on staying with me. Now I'm getting curious what Dad just told him. We stayed back at Myung's room and waited for Dad.

"Se Yi."

"Dad." he eyes Sung Gyu oppa and approached him.

"Thank you Gyu."

"It's nothing."

"We'll be going then."

"Okay. " he eyed me and smiled. "Be careful. If you need me just call me okay?"

"Uh.. Yeah." Why is he like this? I don't get him. We headed out when he called me again.

"Se Yi!" I looked back.

"What?"

"Thank you." I smiled and nodded.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The atmosphere when we had our dinner was awkward. It's not usually like this and it's just weird.

"Um.. May I ask if something happened?" I said.

"Well, first things first. You both are grounded." Dad said.

"Yeah. Tell me about it." Jinhee unnie said in sarcasm.

"Uh, why are we grounded?"

"You've met your mom."

I choked. "How did you- wait what?!"

"Yeah. That's what I should be asking you Se Yi. You stayed at your mom's house telling me that you will be staying at a friend's house!"

"But Dad! She told me not to!"

"Mom did?" Unnie asked.

"Yeah.."

"Where is she?"

"I can't tell Dad. Mom still isn't ready.."

"Ready for what?"

"To talk to you and see you. Just please give her more time.."

"I can't give her more time! It's not safe when your so-called father's out of his cell Se Yi."

My hands started to shake. He's free?

"W..What?"

"Dad! Can't you talk slowly?!" Unnie stood and hugged me. "Shh.. It will be fine Yinnie. I'll protect you okay?"

"N..No.. Unnie.. Will he kill me again?"

"No Yinnie! Don't say that!"

I stood from my seat. My whole body is shaking. "N..No.. I have to get mom." I run upstairs in my unstable state. I'm like a horse that lost its feet at the back.

"Where are you going?!" Dad asks.

"I have to go and get mom!"

"No Se Yi! You can't go on your own! Are you out if your mind?!"

"I'll be fine, just let me get Mom!"

"If you're going, we're going. We can't let you go by yourself Yinnie.."

"But-"

"Let's go." Dad took my hand and smiled. "We're a family Yinnie. We're on this together."

I smiled and nodded. "Thanks Dad."

I have to protect them all. I can't bear to lose someone special to me anymore.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Yoonjun, Se Yi and Jinhee drove their way to the flower shop. Yoojun parked their car in front of the shop and they headed in.

"Welco-" Se Mi's eyes widen seeing Yoojun's presence. "O..Oppa."

"Se Mi." he smiled.

"I'm sorry mom.. But I just have to do this.. You have to come with us." Se Yi said.

"Why? Did something happen?"

"I'll explain on the way. For now pack you things. You're coming with us Se Mi."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Mom I'm so sorry.." Se Yi said.

Se Mi smiled and closed her luggage. "It's okay dear. I think it's time for us to be together again. Whatever the reason may be, it's okay."

"Thanks Mom."

"Now let's go. They're waiting."

They all rode the car and headed home. While Yoojun is unloading Se Mi's things Se Yi's phone rang.

*An unknown number?* she thought and answered it. "Hello?"

"Se Yi." her eyes widen at a familiar voice and gasped. She lost grip of her phone and fell on her knees. Her hands started looking at her phone.

"Y..You.."

"Se Yi!" Jinhee ran and approached her. "What's wrong?!"

"N..No!!" she exclaimed.

"Se Yi what's wrong?!" Jinhee traced her gaze and she looked at Se Yi's phone. She took it and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello Jinhee." Jinhee's eyes widen.

"D..Dad?"