Chapter 26

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 26


Se Yi

Time really flies. There's only 5 days left before oppa and Myungsoo leaves for America. We treasured each moments though. We've been through dates, I hang out with Myung and Woohyun (because oppa won't allow me to go with Woohyun alone.) ate dinner at their house and much more. Now that I've thought about it, we've been through a lot already. I sigh as I answer my phone and sat on the nearby bench.

"Hello?"

"Why the sigh and the long face Shin Se Yi?"

My eyes widen. I stood up and looked at my phone. It’s a phone call from Sungyeol. "S..Sungyeol! Oh my god! It's you!!"

"Yeah yeah. I know you missed me and all. Yeah, no need to tell me I'm great and I know that."

I chuckled in amusement and looked around the place. "Where are you?"

"Heh~ Eager to see me already? Well, I'm flattered that my crush is looking for me. Turn around." I smiled and did as I was told then put my phone down as soon as I get to see him.

"Sungyeol." he smiles and approaches me. He tucks a lock of hair on my ear and stared at me.

"Looking beautiful as ever Yinnie." I laugh.

"Welcome back."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Special~ Special~ Special, Special girl- Oh? Se Yi?" Hoya stopped on his feet after seeing Se Yi. He had a urged to greet her but then he saw something unpleasant to his eyes. He examines her thoroughly and found out that Se Yi's with 'another' guy. "Oh my goodness, betrayal. I have to see Sung Gyu hyung!"

He muttered and ran off.

"So, did you see Sung Gyu hyung?"

"Yeah, he's at the library. Wait, I'll text h-"

"NO!"

"Uh.. Okay? What's wrong?"

"I want to surprise him okay? That's why I went to see you! Help me but a gift for him."

Se Yi chuckles. "Okay then."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

"Hyuuuunnggggggg!!!!" I flinched at Hoya's voice and glared at him.

"Yah, lower your voice! We're at the library!" I shouted softly.

"Oh right. But wait!! Big news!!"

I rolled my eyes and continued reading. "What is it?"

"Se Yi! She's with another man!"

My world stopped. "What are you talking about?"

"I saw them! The boy seems to be close to her and she's smiling when he touched her hair!!"

Blood rushed through me. I closed the book that I'm reading and sighed. "Are you sure it's Se Yi?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't I know her cute face?"

I reached out for my bag and took my phone. "Se Yi?"

"Oppa."

"Where are you?"

"At the campus. Why?"

"Don't move an inch. I'm going to you."

"Oh, alright then."

I said then hang up.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

"Who is it?" Sungyeol asked.

"Sung Gyu oppa." his eyes widen.

"WHAT?! OH MY GOODNESS! I HAVE TO LEAVE!" I chuckled at his cuteness. "I'll see you later then!"

I nodded and waved him goodbye. "Mm. See you."

Sung Gyu

I clench my fist as I look at Se Yi from afar. Hoya's right, she is with someone. I didn't get a chance to see his freaking face though. Is he playing with me? I walked over her and took her hand, making her face me. She gasp in surprise and looks at me.

"O..Oppa?"

"What the hell are you doing here? I thought you're going to Jinhee?"

"Uh.. I am going too but-"

"But what?"

"Um.." she plays with her fingers and gulped.

"Tell me Shin Se Yi."

"I.. I happen to see someone.."

"And that someone is?"

"A friend.."

"Would you care to tell me the name?"

"What?"

"TELL ME WHO THE HELL DID YOU SEE!!!!" She jumped in surprise. I'm just freaking mad at her right now.

"Oppa, what's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong?" I scoffed. "I don't know anymore Se Yi." I said then left her alone.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi stared at the ground while waiting for Sungyeol to arrive. She's still shocked with what happened earlier. Why did Sung Gyu yell at her? And his eyes, it's the first time that she had seen those furious eyes of his. They were always so gentle when he looks at her but then, it was a complete turn of the table.

"Hey, what's with the long face?"

"Oh, Sungyeol.." she forced a smile and looked at him. That smile that she has on now wasn't even a smile to begin with. She's really forcing it.

"Did something happen? You don't look so good. You want to postpone it for today?"

"Ah no. I'm alright.. I guess.." she said and played with her fingers. Knowing her since they were little, Sungyeol can tell that she's afraid of something. She's always like that whenever he tries to scare her and Sung Gyu scolds him afterwards.

"I don't think so. Tell me what happened." she sighs and looked at him.

"I think.. I think Sung Gyu oppa's mad at me. He glared at me earlier.."

"And why do you think so?"

"I don't know.. He just asked me who am I meeting today.. But I didn't tell since you wanted to surprise him."

Sungyeol burst into laughter. "Oh my goodness! Hahahaha!!"

"What?" she asked.

"He's jealous! He doesn't even know that it's me that you're meeting! Oh my goodness this is so funny!!"

Se Yi sighed. "No it's not.. He mad at me.."

Sungyeol's laugh faded seeing Se Yi frown. He felt guilt rush through him all over. "O..Okay then.. Let's finish this and I'll explain everything so don't worry okay?"

"Okay.."

"Hey," he held her shoulders and looked at her. "I'm sorry. I caused a misunderstanding. But trust me, I'll work this out so help me choose a surprise gift for him."

Se Yi smiled. "Okay then."

The two headed to the bookstore and Se Yi chose a book that she thinks Sung Gyu will like.

"This is it?" Sungyeol asks.

"Yes. He looked at it the last time that we went in here. I think he's planning on buying it."

"Oh gosh. I can't understand bookworms."

"What? It's interesting."

"Whatever. Let's just get this over with." Se Yi chuckled and nodded.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

I reached for my phone after I heard it rang. It's.. Sungyeol?

"Hello?"

"Hyungiiee~" he sang.

"Hey, why are you calling? Don't you know that it's expensive to call overseas?!!"

He laughs. "Oh hyung, you know that I'm cheap right?"

My eyes widen. Is he- "Wait. Are you here already?"

"Well yeah. That's why I called you."

"Goodness! You should've called me beforehand! Wait right there I'm going to pick you up."

"No need. I've arrived yesterday."

My jaw dropped. "W..What?"

"I heard you both fought huh? With Se Yi I mean."

"Wait. So the man that Hoya saw-"

"Yeah that's me. I went to her because I wanted to ask her some favor hyung. You should've glared at her you know? She's stunned with what you've done." I'm such an idiot. I sighed. I don't know what to say really. But then.. "Oh and- SE YI!!"

"What? You're with her? Sungyeol?" I said as I continue to listen to the other line. "Hello? Sungyeol? Yah!"

"SE YI! HEY WAKE UP!!"

My eyes widen. I don't have a good feeling about this. I picked up my things and left.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

I sat on the bench as I wait for Sungyeol to finish his call. I hope everything will be okay. I sigh and watch my surroundings. I focused at the boy who's crossing the street. Wait, is he? He's just standing in the middle of the road. I looked at the opposite side and a car is approaching. I gasped and ran over. Oh my goodness he wanted to die!

"Hey! Move! There's a car!!!" I shouted but he didn't move. I ran faster and pushed him away. Before I knew it, I out.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"How is she?" Sungyeol asked.

"She's fine. The results came out and fortunately, she doesn't have any fractures. She just lost consciousness." the doctor replied.

Sungyeol sighed in relief. "Thank god."

"Now I'll excuse myself."

"Yes. Thank you very much." Sungyeol sighed and sat on the bed. He groans and ruffled his hair in frustration.

"Sung..yeol?" he jumps in surprise.

"OH MY GOODNESS! SE YI! THANK GOODNESS YOU'RE ALRIGHT!!!"

Se Yi smiled. "I'm sorry if I worry you.." she said with a hoarse voice and slowly sat up.

"You alright?"

"I guess.. My head just hurt a bit.."

"Well yeah. You got a little bruise right there."

"Oh right. How about the boy? Is he okay?"

Sungyeol flicked her forehead. "Ah! Sungyeol!"

"You have time to worry about others huh?! You almost died!"

"SE YI!" Se Yi and Sungyeol turns and saw Sung Gyu huffing.

"O..Oppa-" Se Yi was cut-off. Sung Gyu hugs her tightly and buried his face on her hair.

"I was worried... You idiot."

"I..I'm sorry.." he pull away from the hug and looks at her.

"You're bruised." he said softly.

She nodded. "I think so."

"What happened?"

"Well, she rushed to help somebody who wants to die." Sungyeol said.

"You- IF SOMEBODY WANTS TO DIE JUST LET THEM!"

"Oppa, he can't just die. Others even struggle just to live!"

"Yah Shin Se Y-"

"Excuse me?" a girl approached them and said. "Are you Shin Se Yi?"

"Oh yes.." Se Yi replied.

"Thank you very much for saving my brother!"

"Oh.. I..It's nothing." she replied.

"I'm sorry for the trouble. I've covered the hospital bills for you. I'm Seo Yeojin, Kang Joon's older sister." Se Yi took her hand and shook it.

"Nice to meet you Yeojin-ssi." Sung Gyu scoffed in rage.

"Excuse me Seo Yeojin-ssi. She almost died, is apologizing going to cover what your brother just did?!"

"Oppa.." Se Yi gripped his hand. "I'm sorry. I'm really okay now so you don't have to worry. And please tell your brother not to do it again when he wakes up. Life's precious you know?" she smiled.

"Thank you Se Yi-ssi."

"Thank you too. Now we'll take our leave now then."

"Yah, are you even okay?!" Sungyeol said.

"Yes I am. Now let's go."

"Yah Se Yi-"

"I'm alright oppa. Now let's go before Mom and the others worry."

Yeojin smiled and watch them leave. "Is it alright to let them her leave like that Young Miss?" her secretary asked.

"Yes, just let them be. She has a kind heart for saving our Kang Joon."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

I sat silently and sat in front of oppa. I'm so dead right now.

"I'm sorry!" "Sorry." we said in unison.

"Why are you apologizing Se Yi?" he asked.

"Umm.. You're mad at me right?" he smiled.

"No. Sungyeol explained everything. I think Hoya misunderstood everything because he still doesn’t know Yeol. I'm sorry for being mad at you angel.."

I smiled. "It's alright."

"No. I should've trusted you. The moment that we've been together I should've place all of my trust to you. And when Sungyeol called me that you're in an accident I felt like my heart stopped. I don't know what I'll do if something bad happens to you angel.. I really don't." My heart breaks. He's crying. He really is afraid. He's exactly just like this when Myungsoo was brought to the hospital.

"Oppa, don't cry please eo? Don't worry I'm alright now so please." I said wiping his tears away.

He nodded and smiled. "Hey, do me a favor and don't do things so rashly okay? I'm leaving in a few days and you get into accidents. I'll die if you do."

I chuckled. "Okay."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Uggh.."

"At last. You're awake?"

"Noona?" Kang Joon said. His eyes widen and gasped. "I'm alive?"

Yeojin smacked his head. "Ah! Yah Noona!!"

"That's what you will say?! Someone almost died saving you! Are you insane?!"

"Someone?" he asked and he suddenly remembers what happened. "Oh right! Where's that someone?"

"She left. She asked me to tell you that don't do it again and that life is precious."

Kang Joon chuckled. "You're just saying that."

"Oh am I Secretary Yoon?"

"No Young Master. The girl really said that."

Kang Joon cleared his throat and lay down again. "Yah, you're sleeping again?"

"Y..Yeah. I'm tired." he replied. *So she really said that huh? I didn't even get a chance to thank her.*