Chapter 37

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 7.


Se Yi.

"Yes."

"Wha- So I'm.."

"Angel wait. Please let me explain.."

My eyes widen. "What did you call me?"

"What?"

"Y..You're him. The man that I'm dreaming about." tears crept to my eyes. I can't process this all right now. I can't breathe.

"Se Yi.." he called me by my real name. I'm Se Yi. I'm Shin Se Yi. I step back ang shake my head in disbelief.

"I need some air."

"Please Se Yi don't go." he held unto me and pleaded. "I just had you back so please don't leave.."

I sigh. "I won't. It's suffocating in here."

"Promise me that you won't leave. That we'll talk afterwards."

"I promise."

He lets go of me and I walk out of the house. I inhaled all of the air I can breathe. I can't believe it. Should I be glad? That I'm Se Yi? I should be but I can't. The fact that my real identity was hidden from me these past days, I don't think I can be happy right now. I looked back and saw him staring at me. Hoping for me to go back. It hurts just to look at him but at the same time it doesn't. Now I understand why he doesn't want to talk about me. He doesn't want me to be hurt. He loves me so much that he's hurting himself too just to protect me. I walk back to him and he smiled as he holds my hand.

"I'm glad you came back."

"Please talk. Explain everything for me."

He kisses my forehead and smiled. "I will angel. I will"

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Now things are clearer. It turns that I'm really oppa's girlfriend. Yeah I'm calling him that now since he said I used to call him that. We're also childhood friends to begin with. I stared at him trying to process it all. He laughs and tucks a lock of my hair.

"What?" he said.

"I don't know. I still can't believe I got mad at myself." he laughs.

"I know. I find it funny sometimes, but not when you're getting hurt." he held my cheeks and smiled. "I love you so much and I don't want to see you being like that."

I smiled. "I'm glad I'm Se Yi."

"I'm glad you are too."

"My family, can I see them? Can you take me there?"

"Of course. But let's take it slow okay? You might not be able to handle it all at the same time when memories rushed into you."

I nod. "Okay."

He nudges close and kisses me and I did kiss him back. His hands move on my cheek and I slowly wrap my arms around his neck sinking the situation that we're in right now. He pulls back and he looks at me. "You don't know how much I've been restraining myself not to kiss you the moment I saw you again."

I chuckled. He pulls me close and hugs me. "Can we go out? I want to go to the sea." he laughs.

"Whats with you and the water huh?"

"I don't know. It attracts me."

"As much as I do?" I laugh and stood up.

"Let's go."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu.

Se Yi plays with my hair as I lay down on her lap. I reached out my hand and pinch her nose lightly. She chuckles and I smiled. "Hey."

"What?"

"I love you." she smiled.

"I love you too." she notices that my smile changed. "Why?"

"Nothing."

"No, there's something wrong. What is it?"

"Nothing. I'm just glad you're mine again." she smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I do too."

I smiled. The truth is, I'm slightly disappointed. She's not the usual Se Yi that I know and I know that it's because she doesn't remember everything yet. She usually tells me that she'll love me forever but now... I don't know anymore. What I know is that I'm happy that she's at my side again. She's my Juliet and I'm her Romeo.

"Oppa?"

"What?"

"Where'd you go? You've been spacing out." I laugh and sat up.

"Se Yi-ah."

"Yeah?"

"How much have you remembered about us?" I asked. Her smile faded and looked away.

"Nothing.. I just know that you're different from other people. Like I've been wanting to see you again.. I just.. I don't remember anything.." she stood up and removes the sand that's on her. "I..I'm going in first."

"Se Yi wait!" I pulled her back and hugged her from behind.

"O..Oppa?"

"Please don't feel bad. I admit it, I'm a little disappointed because things aren't the way they used to be. But please, I beg you don't feel bad. We can make new memories out of us. I love you and I can't lose you again." I make her look at me and smiled wiping her tears away. "So please Angel eo?"

She smiled and continues to cry. "How can we make new memories if I even don't know where to continue?" she said then walks away. I didn't even know why I let her go just like that. Maybe because I don't know where to continue either?

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi watches her family as they garden their lawn on a Sunday morning. She plays with her fingers and Sung Gyu knows that when she does this, she's uncomfortable. He held her hand and it made her look at him.

"Are they really my family?"

He nods. He pulls her close and kissed her head. "Yes angel. They've been waiting and looking for you for so long."

They both got off the car and approached the house. "Dad! Gosh! I told you not to leave the faucet open!!"

Yoojoon laughed. "Oh right! Sorry honey!"

"Here's some snacks both of you." Se Mi places the food at the table and the two sat down.

Se Yi watches them as they eat together as a family. She bit her lip trying not to cry but tears already have escaped through her eyes. "Hey angel, you alright?"

She shakes her head no. "No.. I don't think I can approach them right now.."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes.. Can I just stay at your house for a while?"

Sung Gyu smiled. "Of course." they both headed back.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi rang the doorbell and waited for Doohyun to open it. His eyes widen seeing her presence in front of her. "Hi Dad!"

"You. What are you-" before he could finish what he was going to say, Se Yi stepped in.

"Dad, let me tell you who I am." she grinned.

"What the hell are you babbling about?"

"I'm Se Yi!" his world stopped.

"W..what did you say? Y..You remember everything?"

She smiled and placed the paper bag that she's holding at the dining table then headed to the kitchen to grab some plates and chopsticks. "No, not yet. I met someone who really knows me. Sung Gyu."

*So he found her huh?* he thought. "What are you staring at? Come here Dad, I brought you something to eat. Let's eat this together."

Doohyun didn't reply and just sat at the dining table. Se Yi glanced at the calendar and tilted her head. "Dad? What's on that date on August?"

"What date?" Doohyun glanced at the calendar where she is pointing. His eyes fell. It's Se Yi's birthday, he marked it hoping to celebrate it with her this time. "Oh, it's.. It's my daughter's birthday." he hesitated.

"Oh really? We can celebrate it then!"

"W..We?" she nods.

"Yeah. Let's celebrate!"

"I don't know Se Yi.."

"Oh come on Dad, please?" she pouted and Doohyun gave in. He agreed celebrating it with her. "Thanks Dad!" she giggles and places kimchi on his bowl.

"Hey, you told me that the boy Sung Gyu told you who you are right?"

"Yes."

"Did he tell you who your parents are?" Se Yi froze. Her smile fades instantly and just continued eating. "Hey, I'm asking you here."

"He..He did."

"And did you talked to them?" she frowns.

"No."

"Why?"

"I can't.. When I saw them, they're happy.. It's like they don't need me anymore. That their lives are perfect without me." Doohyun looked at her as she starts to cry. He stood up and went to her wrapping his arms around her. "Dad.."

"It's okay. From now on, I'm your Father." Se Yi smiled.

"I've already considered you as my father." he smiled and ruffled her hair.

"Now don't cry. You look like a troll if you cry." she giggled and nodded.

After finishing their dinner, Doohyun told Se Yi that she should go back. He walked her to the bus stop until her bus arrives. Se Yi walks up the bus and turns.

"Dad!" she called.

"What?"

"I love you!!" Doohyun smiled and watch her enter the bus. He stares as the bus leaves and smiled.

"I love you too my daughter."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

“You can stay here angel. I’ve placed everything you need in here.” Sung Gyu said.

“Okay. Thank you.” She replied. He stared at her and saw that she’s different. He walks closer and held her hand. Se Yi looks at him in surprise.

“You okay?” he asks.

“Uh yeah.”

“It doesn’t look like it though. I told you to tell me everything. I’m not a stranger you know?” she smiled and nods.

“I know. I’m just tired. I think I need to rest.” He smiled and kisses her forehead.

“Okay then, rest well. See you tomorrow.” She nods. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” She replied. Sung Gyu was quite disappointed but he can’t do anything about it. She lost her memories and all that he can do is to wait. He exits the room and went back to his room. Se Yi sat on the floor and leans on it. Tears flowed from her eyes as she stared at her reflection on the mirror.

“You’re not a stranger to me oppa.. My heart recognizes you fully.. I’m the one who’s a stranger…” she whispered to herself. She wanted to remember everything but nothing happens. It’s been two years and still she can’t remember anything. She stood up and walks to Sung Gyu’s door.

“Yeah, she still can’t remember me.” Se Yi overheard Sung Gyu talking at the phone. “I’m a little hurt… I know I can’t do anything but wait for now. But somehow it seems like she’s not the Se Yi that I know Woo.”

Se Yi covered with her hands to prevent tears from coming out. She ran back to her room and but then she bumped into something causing Sung Gyu to hear it. He came out from his room and saw Se Yi crying. “Se.. Se Yi!”

She smiled bitterly as tears flow from her eyes. “Oh god angel, I’m so sorry…” he tried to hold her but she steps back and shakes her head. “Please Se Yi don’t do this. I thought we can start over right?”

“I…I thought so too.. But I think we’re wrong oppa.. We can’t hurt each other anymore.. I’m so sorry.” She turns back and left.