Chapter 36

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 6.


Yuan walked back from a walk late that night and saw the man that she knows. "Ahjussi!" she called cheerfully and approached the man. The man flinched and looked at her.

"You're back ahjussi! I've been waiting for you for days!"

"Why?"

"Why?" she tilted her head. "I don't know either haha!" she laughs. "Ahjussi, can you accompany me tonight? I don't have someone to be with."

"N..No. I can't."

"Oh come on, please?" she pouted and held unto the man's arm.

"You can't trust me. You don't know me."

She giggled. "I can and I do know you!"

The man's eyes widen. "Y..You do?"

"Of course! I saw your name on your passport. You're Lee Doohyun."

Doohyun sighed in relief. He thought that she remembers everything that happened two years ago. The year that he regrets the most.

Flashback...

2 years ago...

Se Yi secretly left their house taking her phone with her. It's almost midnight and she hurriedly headed to the bus stop to be able to return early, or that's what she think. She rides the bus and gets off her stop afterwards. Her phone rang and she answered it.

"Hello?"

"Well hello Se Yi. I can see that you're searching for Me." she scanned the place and looked for him. Her eyes landed on a car and she started to be nervous not knowing what can happen.

"What do you want?" she asks. Doohyun laughed and the headlight. He started driving causing Se Yi to gasp and stepped back a little. He stopped just an inch in front of her and put the window down. He smirks and looks at her.

"Nervous? Hop in."

"Why would I?"

"Because I said so. You know what will happen." she gulps and entered the car. She was being nervous right now and she tries her best just to hide it.

"Where are we headed?"

"Just shut up. Why do you think I'm doing this?"

"Wh-"

"Whoa there!" he laughs. "I never told you to speak."

She grips her fist in anger and Doohyun noticed it. He laughs. "You have guts to get mad at me when you killed my wife."

"I didn't kill mom!"

"Don't call her that! She's not related to you in any way!"

"Yes she is! And she was supposed to die anyway!"

"What the hell are you talking about?! You really want to die don't you?!"

Tears started to flow from her eyes. "Mom's sick! I heard it from them! She's badly sick and she kept it from us! She already had her days numbered.."

Doohyun was shocked. "W..What?" he said.

"DAD LOOK OUT!" Se Yi shouted and they approached a cliff and fell off. They were both badly hurt. Doohyun had a little strength left and he persists to get off the car.

"Se..Yi." he tries to find her and stood up despite of being unstable in walking. He has blood at the back of his head and he's getting dizzy but still tries to search for Se Yi. "Se Yi!" he calls.

He saw her lying against the river and he ran to approach her. "NO! SE YI!" He cried seeing Se Yi drenched with her own blood. Guilt rushed through him. What did he do? What did Se Yi do? She still thinks of him as his father even at her last minute.

"No Se Yi.. Please wake up.. I'm so sorry.. I should've blamed you! Se Yi please! I didn't know.. I'm so sorry Se Yi!" he repeated. "No this can't be!" he carried her on his back and looks around. He headed to a field and placed her down. "I'm sorry dear.. I should've done this." he said and left her. He hid behind the high grasses and watched her from afar. Minutes passed and someone approached her. He carried her in his arms and places her inside his car.

"I'm sorry Se Yi. I hope you’re safe. I promise that I'll find you again and I'll protect you."

End of Flashback...

"Ahjussi? Are you alright?" Yuan waves her hand at him.

"H..huh?"

"You're spacing out." she chuckled as she continues to eat. "Here," she places meat on his bowl and smiled. "Eat ahjussi, you're getting thin."

He stares at her eat. He feels guilty of all the things that he has done to this child. She has done nothing. She didn't even wanted her own mother to die. She treated him like he's her real father and what did he do? He tried to kill her.

"Ahjussi, do you have a family?" she asks.

"W..What?"

"Is it lonely for you to be alone? I mean I always see you alone and wander in front of our house. That's why I invited you to eat with Me." she smiled. "You're like a father to me."

His eyes widen. He felt like crying. After all that he has done, she still thinks of him as a father. "I don't remember if I have a family so I'll just think of you as my father at least." she said.

"I have a daughter."

"Really? Where is she then?"

He grips the chopsticks on his hand. "I.. Lost her."

Yuan's face fell. "Oh.. I'm sorry.." she frowns. "and your family?"

"I lost them too. I'm alone."

"Oh.." she said. "I'll be your family then!"

"What?"

"We're both alone ahjussi. I don't remember my family and you lost yours. We're the same! We have each other." she said.

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"I do! Please ahjussi eo? You have me!" she hugs him. "I'll call you Dad from now on!"

Doohyun cried as Yuan hugs him tighter and smiled.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After the dinner, they walked to Doohyun's house. "Whoa, so this is where you live? You're so messy Dad!" Yuan said.

Doohyun shakes his head. "I never told you to go here."

"But I want to see my father's house." she chuckles. "Oh? Look at the time! I got to go Dad! I'll come back and clean this place for you."

She walks to him and kisses his cheek. "Goodnight Dad! See you later!" she said and runs off.

"What have I done?" he said to himself.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Its early 7am on a Saturday. Yuan's phone rang. She groaned and reached for her phone. "Hello?" she answered.

"Up for an adventure?" her eyes open wide.

"Sung Gyu-ssi?" he chuckled.

"Did I wake you up?"

"Well obviously. What's the matter at this hour?"

"Well, I'm looking for someone who can go with me somewhere but I can't seem to find someone."

"So you called me and expect me to go?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

"Great. Go and change your clothes I'm outside your house."

"YOU'RE WHERE?!" Yuan jumped out of his bed and ran to her balcony and looked down. Sung Gyu smiled and waved at her with his phone on his ear. "OH MY GOODNESS."

"Better hurry Yuan, we'll be late. Pack your bags we'll be staying 'til tomorrow."

"Kang Joon won't let me stay until tomorrow."

"He will. I already got his permission."

"How?"

"Goodness just change your clothes and pack!" she laughs and nods.

"Okay, wait up."

She ran to her closet and grabbed the clothes that she can wear. After choosing what to wear, she grabbed her bag and packed all the things that she has to bring for the trip. Then, she ran to the bathroom and gave herself a nice bath. She can't hide the excitement that she feels right now. After bathing, she dressed up and picked her things then left her room. She knocks at Kang Joon's door and he opens it.

Yuan.

"Kang Joon-" I was cut when Kang Joon hugs me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Remember the promise that you made?"

"Which one?"

He laughs. "That you won't leave me alone."

"Oh that? Of course."

"Please keep it."

"I will." I replied and pinched his cheeks playfully. "Are you sure I can go?"

"Yeah. You can take a break for now." I smiled.

"Thank you."

I headed out and Sung Gyu-ssi approached me. He smiled and took my bag. "Ready?"

I nod and he opened the door for me. I got in and he did too. He looks at me and smiled. I flushed and look away. He leans and my eyes widen. "What are-"

"You never learn do you? Seatbelt." I flushed in embarrassment again and bit my lower lip. Goodness Yuan! "I like your dress. You look beautiful today." he said and leans back to his seat. I looked away. He looks good today. Even though he's wearing a plain white shirt and jeans he never fails to make my heart beat fast. He started driving and I just kept silent.

"Why are you quiet today? Are you still sick?"

"N..No." I replied. "Why is it only the two of us going? She's going to get mad."

He chuckled. "Let's not talk about that okay? For today it's you and me." I flushed.

"J..Just keep driving. Where are we going anyway?"

"To Pohang."

"What?! But that's-"

"I know. Just seat back okay?" he laughs. Oh my gosh even his laugh makes my heart race.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After a long travel time, we arrived Pohang. The sea's so beautiful. I smiled and run towards it. I took my shoes off and walked towards the sea. "Waaah!!" I squealed and played with the waves.

Sung Gyu-ssi laughs and grabbed my hand. He pulls me towards the sea and I pulled back but he's so strong. "Hey! Your shoes are wet!" I exclaimed.

"Don't mind it. I got jealous with you playing with the water." I laughed and run closer to the water. I chuckled playing with it. Sung Gyu-ssi splashed water on me and I glared at him.

"Hey!" He laughs and splashed more water on me. "You're dead!" I said back.

"Try me then." he challenged. I splashed water on him and the battle started.

We played for almost half an hour. When we got tired and hungry, we headed to the house that Sung Gyu-ssi said that was owned by his aunt. We got in and I placed the food that we bought earlier at the table.

"Wait here, I'll go and place this at the room and get us some towel."

"Okay." I replied and walked around. This place is wonderful. It has a balcony and you can see the sea from here. A phone rang and I checked mine but it's not. I looked back and saw Sung Gyu-ssi's phone ringing. I ran and picked it. I was about to answer it but the call ended. "Darn it."

I got a temptation open his phone, the urge that maybe Se Yi's in his phone. I unlocked it and was surprised to see his wallpaper. Se Yi.. She looks just like me. Wait, is she..

"Yuan here's the towel-"

"Se Yi.. Am I Se Yi?" He looks at me but didn't reply. I walked towards him and showed the wallpaper to him. "I..Is it me? Am I her?"