Chapter 48

Last Romeo and Juliet

Back 18.


Se Yi.

I walked back to our home and saw Mom at the kitchen so I went there to greet her. She smiles at me and place the bowl that she’s holding at the counter.

“You’re back?” I nod and sat across her. She smiles and continues her cooking.

“I’m cooking beef stew for dinner. You like that right?” I nod.

Where’s Doohyun appa?’ I asked.

“Oh, he left with Yoojoon just now. I think Oppa got him a job.”

I smiled. I’m glad that all things are getting back together now. “Oh that’s right. Did Gyu talked to you about the trip to Paris?”

You knew?’

“Yes. You see, before he told you, I was already informed.”

I didn’t reply. So everybody knows about it. “So what’s your decision?”

I’ll go.’

Mom smiled. “That’s great then.”

I nod and drink some water. “Mom, I’m back! Oh? You’re here?”

Jinhee unnie greeted together with Lay oppa. “Hello Se Mi-ssi.” Lay oppa greeted.

“Oh you’re here? How was work?”

“It’s fine.”

I sigh and headed back to my room. I twisted the doorknob open and threw myself on my bed. I don’t know what to feel just now. I felt my phone vibrated and saw a text from Hyeri.

From: Hyeri
9/28/15 7:15 PM

Hi Yinnie! Um… I have heard everything from Sung Gyu oppa. Are you okay? Are you coming back to work? Do you want to meet? I really miss you Se Yi… I’m really worried so if you can reply to me, it would really help.. I love you! <3

I smile at her message. I almost forgot about her. I grab my sweater and headed out. I waited for the bus to arrive and headed to Hyeri’s house. I almost left her out of my life just now when she has been by my side up until now. I really owe her so much. I arrived her place and pressed the doorbell. The door opened and I saw Hyeri.

“OH GOSH. YINNIE?!” I chuckled and nod. “Oh gosh, I just sent you the text and asked you to sent one back. I didn’t tell you to rush here!”

I smile and typed something on my phone. ‘I wanted to see you too. I’ve been leaving you behind on my life.’

She smiles and looks at me. “I’m glad you have come to realization you crazy girl.”

She steps aside and welcomed me in. It’s been a long time since I’ve been here. “Had dinner yet?”

I shake my head no and she frowns. “Oh god Yinnie. I didn’t know that it will be this heart breaking not hearing your voice…”

I smile and type something on my phone and sent it to her. ‘I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be a burden to you all…’

“Yah! You crazy girl! Who told you that you’re a burden huh?” she takes my hand and pulled me towards the kitchen. “Sit there. I’ll prepare us some food okay?”

I smile and nodded. Just then, I realized that no one back home knows that I have left. I fished my phone out from my pocket and sent a message to Unnie.

To: Jinnie Unnie

Unnie, I left okay? I was at a friend’s house and was having dinner here so don’t worry. I thought that I should tell you. I forgot to stop by and tell you earlier.

After a while, I received a message back from her.

From: Jinnie Unnie
9/28/15 7:40 PM

YOU CRAZY GIRL. YOU SHOULD’VE SAID SO EARLIER! YOU MADE ME DRIVE AND LOOK FOR YOU! Anyways, text me if you’re going back okay? I’ll come and pick you up. Are you at Riri’s?

To: Jinnie Unnie

Yeah. I’ll send you a message if I’m on my way back.

From: Jinnie Unnie
9/28/15 7:46 PM

Alright then. Have fun!

I placed my phone at the table and Hyeri finishes preparing our food. “Here we go~”

I smile and take the chopsticks from her. “Say, are you going back at work tomorrow?”

I was going to grab my phone and sent her a text but she said that it wasn’t necessary. “Oh no no no no! I forgot. No need to send me freaking messages. I’m just going to ask a YES-NO questions.”

I chuckled. “So, going back to work tomorrow?”

I nod. “That’s great then! I missed you these days! These freaking new COO is getting into my nerves!”

New COO? Somebody new? I looked at her confused waiting for an answer because I’m guessing that she knows what my looks are for.

“Oh that’s right. You see, since you’ve both been into that accident, Kim Hyuna stepped into the company. I heard Ms. Kim’s father and Joonie’s sister are very close that’s why she opened a position for that freaking girl. And you know what? That Hyuna is really into Gyu oppa!”

It doesn’t surprise me. I can tell that she really likes Oppa back then. “But don’t worry Yinnie! Oppa likes you very much so I’m very much positive that he only likes and loves you!”

I smile and continued eating but somehow, why do I feel uneasy?

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The next day, as promised, Se Yi returned back to work together with Sung Gyu. On their way to the office, they saw Hyuna scolding an employee together with Hyeri. Se Yi looked at Sung Gyu and then to Hyeri. She was about to approach them when Kang Joon stepped in.

“Is something the matter COO?” Kang Joon asks.

Hyuna scoffs and sighs. “They just can’t get the work right Director!”

“I understand. Please excuse them. I will talk to them COO.”

“You better be.”

She scoffs and met eyes with Se Yi. She looks at her and approaches Se Yi. “I see that you’re back?”

Se Yi nodded. “Back to the old you that is.” She smirks. Se Yi bit her lip and tightens her fist.

“COO.” Sung Gyu stepped in.

“Oh Gyu! Are you fine now? Are you still hurt anywhere?”

Se Yi scoffs and walks ahead. She grabs Hyeri’s hand and looks at her. Hyeri smiled. “I’m fine.”

“Just ignore her okay?” Kang Joon said softly.

“Okay Director. I still have much of patience now that my best friend is back.”

Se Yi smiles and looks at Kang Joon thanking him. He gets a hint what she wanted to say and ruffled her hair. “I know. You’re welcome. I’m glad to see you back Yinnie. Tell me if you need anything okay?”

Se Yi nods. Hyuna sees Kang Joon’s action and smirked. “Well, look at that. She’s been caught right handed.”

“Hyuna, can you just please stop now? And there’s nothing going on between them. They’re just friends.” Sung Gyu said.

“What makes you say that? It’s not like you know everything about them Gyu.”

I do know everything about them. Now can you just please stop torturing Se Yi?”

“Gyu, you know that you’re only going to be hurt with that girl!”

“Am I being hurt at my state now Hyuna?”

“Kim Sung Gyu!”

“I’m alright and we’re happy just the way things are right now.”

“Don’t fool yourself. I know that you’re having a hard time because of her old self. She can’t even talk!”

I love her whatever her state might be.” He said then left.

“Let’s see how long you’re going to hold into her then.” Hyuna muttered to herself.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi.

I grabbed the documents and headed to Hyuna’s office. I honestly don’t want to face her now but I can’t do whatever I might feel on doing. I exhaled to calm myself down and then knocked on her door then entered.

“You’re here?” I nod. Don’t look at her Shin Se Yi. Just properly leave this room and it’s over. “You’re still keeping up with that game of yours?”

I stop on my track. What did she just say? Game? Hyuna walk at the couch and sat down. “Why don’t we have a little chat Se Yi? Come take a sit.”

I sigh. I hate it when I’m under her right now. “You. You can really talk can’t you?”

I didn’t reply and just stare at her in despise. This girl is really getting in my nerves. I’m trying my best to live quietly here. “Okay. I guess you’re really going to keep you game going on huh? Well guess what.” Hyuna’s expression have changed and glared at me.

“I’m going to play mine too. And you are in it.”

What the hell is she talking about now? “Wanna know the rules? Well it’s simple. STAY. AWAY. FROM. SUNG. GYU.”

I tighten my fist in anger. She really haven’t given up is she? “Oh? You want to say something? I forgot. You can’t talk.”

“I heard that you’re both going to Paris. I heard Gyu talking to the Director earlier. I’m guessing that you know him too?” she laughs. “I really don’t know how you reel in such men Se Yi.”

Calm down Shin Se Yi. It won’t be good if things get worse right now right? Besides, what’s the worst thing that can happen?

“Well don’t worry. Because today will be your last day.”

Okay. That’s the worst. “That’s right. You heard it right. I know that I’m getting on your nerves and the feeling’s mutual. You too.”

“I’m not much of the bad person really. I’m not going to fire you. I’m just going to assign you to my Dad’s company ‘cause I know that you’re really a great employee.”

I narrowed my eyes at her. If I can make myself talk right now I’m going to yell at her to shut up. “Well, I might change my mind if you split up with Gyu right now.”

I think I’m at the verge of crying in anger right now. “Don’t you get it Se Yi? You’re only making things hard for him. He’s being hurt with your state right now. Can’t you just be considerate and just live your life alone?”

Is that true? Am I really making things harder for him? Before I know it, I’m crying. In front of this girl. I feel humiliated right now.

“That’s enough Hyuna.” I saw Sung Gyu oppa come in. He walks to me and grabbed my hand pulling me out of the room. We walked back to the elevator and I wipe my tears away then pulled my hand back from him. “Don’t tell me you believe everything that she told you?”

I looked at away and damn this tears. They just kept on flowing. I can’t deny that what she have said earlier is true. I’m being a burden not just to Sung Gyu oppa but to everybody around me. This is why I hate myself. “Se Yi please don’t cry-“

I stepped back seeing his hand touch me. That’s it. I’m over with him getting hurt because of me. I have to let him live him life. I can't believe I am letting her win right now.

Let’s split up.’