13

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 13


Se Yi

I wake up and stared at my ceiling. I stared at it for a minute and wished that everything that I heard last night was all a dream. I forced myself to stand up and headed to the bathroom. I splashed water in my face and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I don't even know who's reflection I'm seeing right now. I don't even know if Se Yi really is my name. I headed downstairs and saw Dad running his fingers through his hair, and leaning against the counter.

"Dad? You alright?"

He flinches and looked at me."Yinnie." he smiled faintly. It hurts to see him like this. I walked to him and hugged him.

"Don't worry. I'm not mad. I just wanted to know why you hid that from us."

"Thank you Se Yi. But Jinnie's mad at me."

"We can't blame her dad."

"I know. Can you find her for me? When I went to her room earlier, she's not there." I smiled.

"I will. Don't worry Dad. Let's just give her time." he nodded and kissed me in my forehead.

"Thanks Se Yi. And I promise that I'll explain everything to you both." I smiled and nodded.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After eating my breakfast, I headed out to search for unnie. I don't know where to start though. I'm really going nuts.

Me: Unnie? Where are you? Dad's worried.. Please come back.

I sighed and went next door to Lay oppa. I knocked and his mother opened.

"Se Yi dear!"

"Oh, good morning.. I just wanted to ask if Unnie's here. "

"She's not." we both looked at Lay oppa who's approaching.

"Yixing!" her mother said. "I've been waking you up like forever."

"I'll be going." he said.

"Alright. Be careful." he said and closed the door leaving me behind. He's still mad.

"Oppa wait!" I called.

"You don't have to come Se Yi. I'm going to search myself."

"She's my sister."

"I'm not an idiot."

"Oppa.. Are you still mad?"

"I don't have time for this Se Yi. We have to find Jinhee." he said then crossed the road leaving me to the other side.

I sighed and followed when I heard my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Se Yi." I froze. This voice. It's.. Father.. I started to shake. Memories of him trying to kill me are coming back. "Se Yi."

He repeated but I'm still frozen. I can't talk when...

BEEEEEPPP!!!

Lay

BEEEEEPPP!!!

I looked back and my eyes widen. "SE YI!!!!!!!!"

I shouted and ran to her. I held her in my arms and looked at her. "SH*T! SE YI! WAKE UP PLEASE!!!"

Blood's flowing behind her head. I reached for my phone and called 911.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"YIXING!" I stood up and approached Yoojun-ssi. "WHERE IS SHE?!"

"She's still inside."

"Oh god. I hope she's okay."

"YOOJUN-SSI!" I saw Sung Gyu and his brother approach. "Se Yi, where is she?!"

"Yixing told me that she's still inside."

"What happened?!" He asked me.

"I don't know either. When I turned she's been lying on the ground with her phone on her hand and a car in front of her. It's hit and run." I sighed. "I should've wait for her and crossed the road together.."

"It's not your fault Yixing. Don't blame yourself." Yoojun-ssi replied.

No. It's my entire fault. I shouldn't have been stubborn and waited for her. I'm such an idiot. If anything bad happens to her, I don't know what'll happen to me. She's my everything.

"If something happens.. If something happens to Se Yi, I want you to distant yourself to her." Sung Gyu glared at me.

"Sung Gyu."

"I'm sorry Yoojun-ssi. But with what I've heard, it's his fault." he said then sat on the chair.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

After three more hours, Se Yi was brought to a room for observation. I sat beside her and held her hand. I’m trembling right now. If anything happens to her, I don’t know if I can live without her again. I lost her once and I can’t lose her twice. Yeah, I’ve known Se Yi since she was small. The necklace that she’s wearing? We gave that to her on her birthday. The moment that I saw the necklace, I remembered it all. She's the same girl that I used to know in the past. The girl that I loved and hurt the most. I lied to her, yes. But I don’t want her to remember the past me, the past us, the past memories. That necklace was the only necklace in the world because we personally made it for her. Her remembering our past is the last thing that I'll wish that'll happen. She’ll only be hurt and I don’t want her to be.

“Oppa..?” I widen my eyes. She’s awake!

“Se Yi! Are you okay? Are you hurt?!” she smiled and reached her hand to my cheek.

“I’m alright.. My head just hurts..” I held her hand that’s on my cheek and sighed in relief.

“That’s good then. I’m worried to death.”

She smiled. “Stay still. I’ll call the others.” She nodded and I headed out.

“She’s awake.” I told the other and they went after me with the doctors.

“She’s fine now. She just has to stay for a few more days before she goes home.” The doctor says.

“I see. Thank you very much.” Yoojun-ssi replied.

“Oh god Se Yi! Are you alright?” Lay exclaimed and went beside her. As much as I want to shove him away knowing that he’s the reason why Se Yi’s here now, I can’t because Se Yi wants to see him.

“I’m fine Oppa. So don’t worry..” she replied and scanned the room. “Where’s unnie?”

We all looked at her and shot her a confused look. “You don’t remember Yinnie? Why you got here?”

She shakes her head no. “Wait. Do you know who we are?”

“Of course. Dad,” she pointed at  Yoojun-ssi. “Gyu oppa,” then to me. “Yixing oppa.” to Lay. “And Myungie.” Then to Myungsoo.

We sighed in relief. For a second there I thought she have forgotten everything again. I smiled and caressed her hair. “I thought you forgot about me.”

She smiled. “I won’t ever forget you oppa.”

I smiled again. But she did. She forgot about me once, she doesn’t know about it though. Now I know why I reacted like that when I first saw her at the library. She’s the girl that I’ve been searching for. Shin Se Yi.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Lay

I stayed at the hospital since Yoojun-ssi left to pick-up Jinhee since we called her about what happened and Sung Gyu together with his brother, Myungsoo went for a check-up about his upcoming surgery that I just found out.

“Oppa? How did I get here?” Se Yi asked.

“You really don’t remember?” she shakes her head no. “Well, it’s my fault.”

“Your fault?” I nodded.

“I should’ve waited for you for us to cross the road together, then maybe you wouldn’t be here.” She smiled and pinched my cheeks lightly.

“It’s not your fault. I’m just careless so don’t blame yourself.”

“But still…”

“Oppa? Don’t okay? I’ll be mad at you.” I smiled and nodded.

“Thank you.” She chuckled.

I still can’t get over with what happened. If I didn’t become selfish enough to leave her, she won’t be here right now. It’s my entire fault that she’s here. I love her so much that I became childish that I don’t want to see her because she’s with Sung Gyu now. Even though I know that they’re still trying, there might be a possibility that she’ll end up with him and not… me.

“Oppa, I’m sorry.” I looked at her confused.

“What?”

“I should’ve said about us… I know you’re mad at me… I’m sorry.”

I smiled."It’s okay silly.”

“No it’s not. I know it’s been hard for you these past days and I’m sorry.”

“Hey,” I held her hand and looked at her eyes. “It’s not your fault.  I know how much you love Sung Gyu.  I also know how much you both love each other. As much as I don’t want you both together, I won’t bring you both apart because I know that he makes you happy. And don’t worry about me, I’ll get over it before it before you know it.”

She smiled. “Thank you.”

“It’s nothing.” I smiled and ruffled her hair.

“SE YI?!” I turned around and saw Jinhee. “OH GOD! WHAT HAPPENED?!”

She approached her and scans Se Yi’s body. Se Yi chuckled.

“Unnie, I’m okay. Even though I don’t remember what happened though.”

“OH MY GOD. I’M SO SO SORRY! I SHOULD’VE LEFT YOU ALONE! I’M SO SORRY SE YI!!”

“Unnie,” she held her hand and laughed. “I’m okay. Nothing’s broken okay? So don’t panic.”

Jinhee sighed in relief and hugged her. “That’s good then.”

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After Se Yi has fallen asleep, Jinhee and I headed out for her to eat while Yoojun-ssi stayed beside Se Yi to look after her. I stared at Jinhee as she eats her food.

“Bwafh?” I laughed and shook her head.

“You’ll choke. And don’t talk when your mouth is full. Even a preschooler knows that Jinhee.”

She gulped and drinks her water. “Why are you looking at me like that? Don’t get so full of yourself now that you know that I like you.”

I laughed. “That’s not the reason why I’m staring at you.”

“Then what the hell is it?”

“Did you both talked? With Yoojun-ssi I mean.”

“What do you think? Am I the type to talk with him?”

“Jinhee, just hear him out.”

“I will, but not now. All of these years we’ve been living in a lie.  I just can’t take to look at him right now.”

I sighed. She’s hurt and I don’t want her to be. It’s been almost eight years since I knew them and they are like my second family.

“If you pity me right now, I don’t need it.”

“I’m not. I just feel bad.” She scoffed.

“What’s the difference? You know I hate being pitied the most.”

“I know. I’m sorry.” She sighed and stood up.

“Where are you going?”

“I don’t know. I can’t go home yet.”

I held her hand and stopped her. “Jinhee.”

“Oh my gosh oppa. Let go of me and don’t start a drama okay?”

“Where will you stay?”

“I just said it right? I don’t know and don’t worry. I’ll manage okay? Now let go.”

“No. I’m not letting go. Stay at my house.” She widens her eyes and flushed.

“What?”

“You heard me.”

“No.”

“Then I’m not letting you go no matter what.”

“Don’t.”

“What?”

“Don’t say that!” she yells and started crying. “I don’t want you looking after me, I don’t want you to pity me and I don’t want you telling me things like that because you’re making me fall for you all over again!!!!”

My eyes widen. “J…Jinhee.”

“Don’t…” she fell on her knees and cried.

What should I do? I feel bad for her. Is this what Se Yi’s feeling? Now I know. It’s hard and it hurts.

“Jinhee please don’t cry… I’m sorry.”

“Stop talking… Even your voice makes me fall for you…”

I didn’t say another word and pulled her close. I heard her gasp as I do. After a while, I pulled out from the hug and I headed to the bus stop then went home.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Jinhee

I opened my eyes and find myself at Lay oppa’s bed. Oh gosh, I’m in his room. I just said that I won’t ever step in here. I stood up and saw him sleeping on the floor. I get off his bed and sat beside him watching him sleep. I love everything about him. His eyes, his face everything. I don’t get it why Se Yi doesn’t like him, or maybe she’s really made for Sung Gyu.

 I sighed and leaned at the edge of the bed. I felt tears in my eyes again. There’s so much to handle that I can’t handle even one of them. I hugged my knees and cried. I miss Mom. I miss her touch. She’s always there whenever I needed someone when Se Yi’s not by my side. Why does she have to leave us know? Mom, I need you.

“Hey.”  I gasped and raised my head. He’s awake. “You’re crying.”

He smiled and wipes my tears. “This is so embarrassing.”

He laughed. “No it’s not. You can cry all you want.”

“You’re doing it again.”

“What am I doing?”

“You’re making me fall for you even more. You’re doing it on purpose don’t you? Oh my gosh, you’re so full of yourself.” He laughed.

“You’re really weird.”