10

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 10


Sung Gyu

"Let's try it for a week then. If I can do it after a week, I'll be your girlfriend."

What did I just heard? Did she just- oh my god. "Se Yi, did you just say try? Or am I hearing it wrong?"

She shakes her head no and laughed. "No oppa. I'm serious. We can try for a week."

"Se Yi, I did not say that we should start. I'm just asking for an assurance. I don't want to force you to do something that you're not ready to begin with."

"We're not starting oppa. We're trying. And you're not forcing me. I want an assurance too. That you really like me as much as I like you."

Okay. Heart going crazy, I'm going crazy. I want to yell right now. Shout that Se Yi's mine now! Temporarily that is. But I'm going to make it permanently. I smiled.

"Thank you. Thank you Se Yi. Thank you!"

She chuckled. "Oppa, stop saying Thank you!"

"I can't! I'm so freaking happy!" she laughed and smiled.

"Thank you. I hope that all will turn out fine."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

Sung Gyu oppa took me home and because he gave his car to Dong Woo-ssi, we walked back. But it was not boring. It's the first time that I had fun walking back home.

"We're here." I said and smiled. I nudged my hand but he won't let go.

"I don't want to let go of you yet. You're mine." I flushed. My heart is beating so fast that I can't move a single inch.
"You're shy are you?"

"A..Ani!" Gosh. Did I just stutter?!

"You are. Look at you."

"You're saying things that makes me nervous! Why wouldn't I be?!"

He chuckled. "What word? That you are mine?"

I nodded. "I should say that more often. I own you now Se Yi."

"Whatever." he laughed.

"Oh? So you're together now?"

"D..Dad!" I tried to step back but oppa pulled me back.

I widen my eyes and looked at him then to Dad. He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow eyeing us both.

"You and you. Come inside. Now." he went in and opened the door for us.

I sighed. Sung Gyu oppa laughed. "Why the hell did you do that?"

"Because we're together now right? Now let's go." I rolled my eyes and followed him.

Dad sat on the chair and looked at us. "So, what's happening? Are you both together now?"

Oppa smiled. "Yes Yoojun-sii."

"Oh." he shortly replied and looked at me. "Well, take care of her punk. If I see a single tear in her eyes, your dead got that?"

"Yes sir." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

Dad looked at me and smiled. "Make her happy. That's what she needs."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

"What?"

"I love you." Se Yi laughed.

"You said that a minute ago. I think this is the seventh time?"

"I'll never get tired of saying that."

She smiled. "Why are you so cheesy today?"

"Because I finally have a girlfriend."

"You didn't have one before? I'm the first?"

"Yes. You're my first and last." she smiled.

"Now I think we have to stop now. We're not getting anything accomplished here. We have to start writing." I laughed. She's right. We still haven't written single thing about the next chapter.

"Give me that. I have something in mind." I took the notebook from her and started to write something. I can see her look at me in my peripheral vision. I smiled as I write. When I'm finished, I slide the notebook back to her and smiled.

"Check it."

She nods and started to write something. I love how our minds connect the moment we start writing. We really are made for each other.

"There. Read it." Se Yi gave me the notebook and I read what we both wrote.

"You broke the only thing that can make Hyesung and Yoo Hee together Se Yi. Now how will they see each other?"

She grinned. "That's the challenge for you. Make them meet again. No matter how it takes."

I smirked. "You don't know how much I love challenges."

"And I loved being challenged." I laughed. She's very witty.

"Oh right, you have a session for today right?"

"Yeah."

"I was wondering if I can go with you. I wanted to introduce you to Grandma."

"Can I really see her?"

"Of course. I'm sure she wants to see you too."

She smiled. "I'm excited to see her."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After our school hours, Se Yi headed to the clinic and I waited for her at grandma's room.

"Am I going to see that pretty girl Gyu?" I smiled.

"Yes grandma. She's my angel and my life."

She smiled and pinched my cheeks lightly. "I'm glad you find one Gyu. I thought you'll only focus on Myung your whole life."

"Well, they're both important to me grandma. And I know Myung needs me the most. But that won't be a reason for me leaving Se Yi."

"I know Gyu. I know how much you love your brother. You've taken care of him up until now." I nodded in agreement. She's right. It's my turn now right?

I heard a knock on the door. I stood up and opened it. My mouth formed into curve. "Se Yi."

"Hello." she smiled.

"I love you." she chuckled.

"I love you too."

"Oh my god. That's the first time you said that to me."

"I'll love you forever oppa." I smiled.

"Forever."

"Mm. Forever."

"Forever."

"Okay oppa. Can I come in now?"

I laughed. "Alright. Come in." I stepped back and welcomed her in.

"Oh, hello dear."

"Oh, Hello grandma."

Grandma smiled and pats the space on the bed asking Se Yi to go there. "You're really beautiful. Just like what Gyu told me. He's crazy about you dear."

"I can see that." she looks at me and I winked. She rolled her eyes and looks back at Grandma.

"How are you dear? I mean, Sung Gyu told me everything. Why you're having a session."

"Oh. I'm fine.."

"When I heard about you, I remembered Myung and Gyu. They're the same as you Se Yi." she looked at me surprised, as if asking for an answer. "You see, their parents died on a plane crash. The two of them were left at the States so they were safe."

Flashback

"Hyung, I'm afraid to ride that thing.. Can we just not go?" Myungsoo tugged my shirt. His eyes are filled with fear. I smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

"Don't worry Myung. It'll be over before you know it."

"But I'm scared."

"I'm here so don't be." I smiled. I can't blame him. He's only five years old. "You have to be well Myung. We need to go for you to get well."

"I can get well even if I'm here!"

"You have to get well faster dear." Mom said.

"But mom!"

"No buts Myungie. Now let's go. Gyu?"

I chuckled and nodded. "What's the matter?" Dad asked.

"He's throwing a tantrum Dad. He doesn't want to go."

He sighed. "Even if he doesn't want to, he has to. He's badly sick. And you know that right Gyu?"

I nodded. Myungsoo has been unhealthy since the day he was born. And since then, we're like on a quest entitled: Find Kim Myungsoo a lung donor. And that's why we're going to the States. Unfortunately, not for a donor, but apparently, they found a solution that can help Myung be comfortable for the moment.

We entered the plane and after who knows how many hours I sat myself onto that seat, we arrived. We all motioned ourselves out and headed to where Dad's sister is, yes my Aunt. She's a doctor here in the States so she's helping us with Myung. We're staying here until Myung's treatment is over.

"Oh my, look how big you are now Sung Gyu!" Uggh, I hate this part. Every kid does right? I mean with the all nice tones and the squishing and pinching of the cheeks?! I hate it the most.

But then it happened. "Oh really! But you're still cute!" she pinched my cheeks until they're swollen then turned to Myungsoo. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"So you're Myungsoo?" he nodded. "You're cute. And you're brave too! You rode the plane right?"

"Yeah! I rode the plane aunty!!" she chuckled.

"You guys want some chocolates?"

"Yeah!" "Yes!" Oh yeah! Perks of being a kid!

She chuckled. "Okay then. Let's go to the kitchen."

Myungsoo and I followed her. I looked at her as she opens the gates of heaven. Oh my goodness. Chocolates. In the cabinet. Oh my goodness really.

"Is that all.. Chocolates?" Myungsoo asked and she nodded.

"My son loves them. Oh right! Yeol!! Come over here! Your cousins arrived!" she shouted from her place.

We both heard footsteps on the stairs. Seems that he's running, Well obviously. A boy appeared with a toy car on his right hand and a remote control on his left hand.

"You're both freaking boys?!"

Myungsoo and I looked at each other and shot him a weird look.

"Uh, obviously?" Myungsoo muttered and I laughed.

He sighed. "Mom, why didn't you tell me? I hoped for at least a girl."

Aunt laughed. "Well, you're one unfortunate kid honey."

"You can say that again." he mumbled. "Let's look on the bright side then. At least I have somebody to play with."

"That's great honey. Now why don't you eat chocolates with them while I talk to your aunt and uncle?"

"Sure!" he replied. Aunt smiled to us and left.

"I'm Lee Sungyeol. You both are?"

"Kim Myungsoo!"

"Sung Gyu."I said shortly. I'm not fond of introductions really.

"Okay. So I guess you're the one who's getting the treatment?" Myungsoo nodded. "Nervous?"

"Who wouldn't be if a needle would be pierced on their skin?!" I laughed.

"Well, shake that feeling off buddy. We're eating chocolates."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Two days after our arrival, Myungsoo's treatment began. It hurts to see him cry in pain, but we have no choice. I want him to live and this is the only way. Aunty is attending in Mom's place since they have to go Grandma.

Evey treatment, she will treat the three of us out for snacks for a reward. Actually, the eating it was purposely for Myung only but since I'm his brother and Yeol's auntie's son, we're part of it.

After a while, Auntie received a call. "Yes. Speaking."

Her expression changed. She instantly became pale. "W..What?"

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Months ago..

It turns out that the call that Aunt received, is a call to notify her that the plane where mom and dad were, crashed. At first it was hard. We're both alone now. I'm only an eight year old kid left with my brother who's only five? Now what will happen to us?

"Hyung.." Myungsoo held my hand.

"Myung."

"Don't leave me too.. Stay by my side always.. I will be a good brother... You can tell me anything just don't leave me.." I smiled.

"I won't Myung."

End of Flashback

I can see that she's shocked. Well, who would be? Actually, when I heard about the accident with her mother, I'm not shocked because I experienced it myself. I know exactly how hard it is to lose a parent.

She's crying right now. Grandma smiled and caressed her hair. I approached her and hugged her.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't know.." I smiled.

"Don't worry Se Yi. I'm okay."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After visiting grandma, I took Se Yi back.

"You okay?"

"I'm not. I didn't know it was hard for you both.." I laughed.

"Well, at first yes. But I realized that you can't control your life. You just have to keep on moving on whether you like it or not."

"Now I know why Myungsoo cares for you the most." I laughed.

"Well apparently, he's being too much. He doesn't want me to leave the house anymore."

Her smile faded. "That's because he's afraid."

"Se Yi."

"I know exactly how he feels."

I smiled and hugged her. "I love you."

"Mm. I love you too."

"Forever?"

"Forever."