Chapter 18

Last Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 18


Sung Gyu

I'm an idiot. I'm such an idiot. Why the hell did I kissed her?!!! I walked back and forth in my room trying to rationalize what I just did. Oh god really. Why Kim Sung Gyu?

"Sung Gyu dear, it's time for dinner." Grandma said.

"Oh okay." I replied and followed her downstairs. I sat on my chair and stared on my plate. Is she mad at me? Of course she is Sung Gyu! You're such an idiot. I sighed heavily and threw my head back in frustration.

"Gyu? What's wrong?"

"Oh, N..nothing. I'm alright."

"You don't look like it hyung." Myungsoo added.

"No really. I'm fine. Let's just eat."

I said and started eating. After dinner I headed out hoping for the thoughts that are clouded inside my head to be gone. I went to the park and saw Se Yi. Why the hell is she here? I stared at her as she stared blankly at the ground.

"Se Yi dear." a woman called. I tilted my head to the side and watch them in confusion.

"Oh mom." Mom? Her mom's dead right? Oh no wait.

We just found out that Lee Eunjung is not our real mother.

That's right. I guess that's their real mother. I smiled as I look at them from afar. Se Yi's mother is beautiful just like her.

Se Yi

"It's cold here. Want to get back?" Mom asked.

"Mom, can I ask you something?" 

"Sure dear."

"Do you still love Dad?" she smiled and caressed my hair.

"I do love him and there's never a second that I stopped loving him Se Yi."

"But why aren't you talking to him?"

"Because I'm not ready yet."

"Isn't it because you're scared?" she giggled.

"No dear. I'm not scared. I want things to turn out right that's why I'm waiting for the right time."

What she just said just now struck me. Am I doing the same thing? "Oh? Who's there?" Mom asked. I stood from my seat when I saw Sung Gyu oppa from afar.

"O..Oppa."

"You know him?" Mom asks.

"Oh I.." Why is he here? My heart started beat like crazy again.

"Are you her friend?" Mom asked him.

"Uh, yes?" he said rubbing the back of his head. Mom smiled.

"We're about to go back. How about having tea with us?"

"Mom!"

"What? I'm happy that I saw one of your friends Se Yi. Let's go?" she looks at me then to oppa.

"O..Okay." I sighed and followed Mom to the car.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"So you're Se Yi's friend?" Mom asks as she places oppa's drink on the coffee table.

"Uh yes.."

"I'm happy that I met one of Se Yi's friends." Sung Gyu oppa smiled.

The oven made a signal that the cookies that she baked are done. Mom stood up and took it out leaving us behind. I didn't waste another minute and talked to him.

"Oppa why are you here?" I asked.

"Am I allowed to talk to you right now? You asked me to act like I don't know you right?"

"Great. Now if you don't know me, why are you here?" I know he's playing with me. Well, two can play his game.

He laughs. "Hey, I'm just joking. You're Mom invited me right?"

"No. That's not what I meant! I meant why you are at that park?"

"Oh, I was taking a walk and I happen to see you."

"Then why didn't you just walk away?"

He looks at me as his smile fades. "I can't."

My heart started to beat fast as our eyes lock. Se Yi no. You can't.

"The cookies are ready. Here have a taste."

"Oh thank you." Sung Gyu oppa grabbed one and started eating. I snapped back to reality and drink my chocolate drink. "It's delicious."

"Is it? I'm glad then. Are you both together?"

We both choked. "Mom!"

She laughs. "I'm just kidding okay?"

I rolled my eyes. "But you both look great together."

We choked again. "Mom!"

"Do we?" I glared at Sung Gyu oppa and he laughs.

"What's your name dear?"

"Sung Gyu. Kim Sung Gyu."

"I see. Sung Gyu?"

"Yes?"

"You're the only one friend that I know that Se Yi has. Can you take care of her for me?"

He looks at mom then to me and smiled. "I'll be glad to."

My heart skipped a beat again. I hate it when that happens. "Thank you."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After having a snack, Mom told me to accompany Sung Gyu oppa outside and I did. I can't disobey her right? Well lame excuse. I just want to see him for the last time.

"Bye." I said shortly.

"Mm. Bye and thanks for inviting me in."

"It's my mom who invited you not Me." he laughed.

"I'm going now. Take care Se Yi."

I watch him leave. I can't believe that I just watched him leave. There's a thought that goes like this, When you make decisions, you must balance your heart and your brain. Well in my case, my brain is being stubborn and it just won't let me talk normally to him.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Our first semester ended ummm, well I guess. We managed to finish our story and our score was satisfactory. Considering our grade, other college students will celebrate about it, but we don't. Well, things are awkward between us lately so we don't do celebrations. I guess we only do it when Kevin's here, and sadly he's gone. Now we're starting our second semester. I've returned back to our house with Dad and unnie.

I entered our classroom it seems like there's a lot of new faces around and that's trouble for me. I don't like talking to people that much and knowing our professor, he likes to GROUP people up. I sigh as I seat at the back row and placed my bag down. I entered the room early so I'm the only one inside. I rested my head on the table to kill time since I have 45 minutes to kill which is close to an hour. I flinched in surprise when I heard the door open so I raised my head up to see who it is. It's Sung Gyu oppa.

"Se Yi." he said.

"You're in this class too?"

"I guess so. It's written in here." He waved his paper and smiled. Oh my god that freaking smile.

"I.. I see." Se Yi why the stutter?

"You're early." he smiled and walks towards me. He stopped and placed his things beside me. Oh my he's seating next to me.

"There's nothing to do and I'm bored at home so.."

"You're not reading anymore?"

"I don't feel like it."

"I see."

And that's it. Silence started to creep into the room. I don't know what to say so I lay down on the table again and pretended to be sleeping. After a few minutes..

"You asleep?" I didn't reply.

He chuckled. "I guess you are huh? Well, sleep well my angel."

He never fails to make my heart beat for him.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Sung Gyu

I walk towards my locker and placed my books on it. I smiled seeing the picture of me, Kevin, Se Yi and Jinhee. Se Yi looks pretty happy back then. How I wish I can make that smile back.

"HYUNG!!!!" I look back and saw Woohyun approaching.

"Woohyun, what's wrong? You look like you're running on a marathon."

"Hyung! No time for jokes! Myungsoo was brought to the hospital!"

"W..What?" I felt like the heavens fell on me. Myung's what? No.

"Sung Jong called. He's at the hospital."

"N..No. Let's go!" he nodded.

"Dong Woo hyung!" he called. Dong Woo's waiting for us at the exit. We ran towards the car and get in.

"Hyung don't worry. He'll be fine."

I didn't reply. I can't talk. Myungsoo's my everything. I can't bear to lose another member of my family. I really can't. I'll die if I do.

We ran towards the emergency and asked the nurse about Myungsoo. "So you're Kim Myungsoo's brother?" she asks.

"Yes. Where is he?"

"He's at the operating room. He's really on a bad condition when he's brought here earlier."

"Thank you!" we rushed to the operating room and saw Sung Jong.

"Jongie!" Dong Woo called. He got up his chair and approached us.

"Sung Gyu hyung!"

"How is he? Did the doctors say something?" I asked.

"No. They still haven't left the operating room.."

My heart fell. Myungsoo's in danger. I shouldn't have come back. It's his lungs. Oh my god. No. Please don't let something bad happen to my brother.

I run my fingers through my hair in frustration and growled. "Hyung, don't worry. He'll be fine.."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After four hours, Myungsoo was brought to the ICU for observation. The doctor told me that he'll need a transplant soon. I know that this will happen. But where the hell can I find a donor?!

I sighed in frustration and looked at Myungsoo as he sleeps peacefully. I smiled. I remember how he clings into me since mom and dad died. He doesn't want me to go anywhere when he's not coming too.

"Silly Myung. You better be okay. Don't worry. Hyung's going to get you out of here." I whispered and smiled.

"I hope so Woohyun."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Se Yi

I was about to go to school when my phone rang. I looked into it and its Woohyun.

"Hello?"

"Se Yi." his voice is hoarse. This is unusual.

"What's wrong?"

"Se Yi, I'm really sorry that I have to ask you this. I know you're not in good terms with Sung Gyu hyung right now but.." I don't like the sound of this.

"What happened?"

"Myungsoo's at the hospital." my eyes widen.

"W..What?"

"Hyung hasn't left the hospital since then.. Se Yi, he kept on crying.. He doesn't know that I saw him crying and it hurts to see him like that.. He's like a brother to me.. I know you're the one that he needs right now.. So please.. I'll do anything for you to go to him.."

"I'll go. Don't worry about it Woohyun."

"Really?! Thank you Se Yi! Thank you really!" I smiled.

"It's nothing."

"Mm. Be careful."

"I will. Thank you." I hang up and headed to the bus station.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Umm.. Hello. Can I ask where the room of Kim Myungsoo is?" I asked the nurse at the reception.

"Oh, are you visiting him?"

"Yes."

"He's at the ICU. The room's 305."

"Oh okay. Thank you." I headed to search for the room. When I saw the room, doctors suddenly rushed ahead of me so I followed.

"What's happening?!" I saw Sung Gyu oppa outside asking.

"We'll explain later. For now we need you to be here Sung Gyu-ssi." the doctor said and went in. I heard beeping sounds inside the room. I gasp in fear. Something bad is happening to Myungsoo. I looked back at oppa and he's scared.

"Oppa.." I called.

He turns to me surprised. "S..Se Yi.."

I walked to him and wrapped my arms around him. "Don't worry. He'll be fine."

"I'm scared Se Yi.."

"I know." I feel it. He's crying.

"Don't leave me. I need you.."

"I won't oppa. I'll stay."


Hi guys! I'm back! Hahaha :))) Sorry for the late update :( Midterms is coming next week so I have to review ^^ I don't know when I'll be able to update next so... *sighs.. Well, I hope you all will enjoy this chapter okay? Thank you for the new subscriber and upvoters!! Ilove you guys really!! :** Take care always and be safe!!

-ninakim-428_inspirit <3 <3